User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

How long can you go without social interaction?
    Weeks, but it doesn't mean I weather it well. I become all kinds of a mess without social interaction for a few days. I've just been so used to it for so long that I don't automatically realize that I feel aweful because I have been isolated too much. So to be more specific, I can a day tops without ill effects.

How long can you go without alone time?
    A few days. It depends on who I am around. If it's people I am close with, I can go without it for a very long time. Really all I need is an hour or so (usually) of "down" time where I am with my own thoughts doing my own things, but people can be around me while I do that.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc?
    I am going to echo @EJCC and say boredom. It really messes me up. It's one of the core reasons I like to be busy. Other situations where I am forced to be quiet and just listen when I have thoughts in my head that I want to get out. Sitting quietly in meetings for me is aweful most of the time.

What energizes you?
    Being active and productive! In otherwords, being busy. When I have a project, a goal, or w/e I am usually energized by it.

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation?
    Either a few minutes, or a few days, it depends. If I am whacked upside the head really bad, it can take a really really long time. I'm finding that a good nights sleep, and a day of productivity is just what the doctor ordered. I should note: productivty is a pretty broad statement for me. Hanging out with friends, playing a game, or going on a hike feels like productivity to me. I mean, ultimately my favorite form of being busy is being busy having fun.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes EJCC liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Weeks, but it doesn't mean I weather it well. I become all kinds of a mess without social interaction for a few days. I've just been so used to it for so long that I don't automatically realize that I feel aweful because I have been isolated too much. So to be more specific, I can a day tops without ill effects.

A few days. It depends on who I am around. If it's people I am close with, I can go without it for a very long time. Really all I need is an hour or so (usually) of "down" time where I am with my own thoughts doing my own things, but people can be around me while I do that.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc?
    I am going to echo @EJCC and say boredom. It really messes me up. It's one of the core reasons I like to be busy. Other situations where I am forced to be quiet and just listen when I have thoughts in my head that I want to get out. Sitting quietly in meetings for me is aweful most of the time.

What energizes you?
    Being active and productive! In otherwords, being busy. When I have a project, a goal, or w/e I am usually energized by it.

Either a few minutes, or a few days, it depends. If I am whacked upside the head really bad, it can take a really really long time. I'm finding that a good nights sleep, and a day of productivity is just what the doctor ordered. I should note: productivty is a pretty broad statement for me. Hanging out with friends, playing a game, or going on a hike feels like productivity to me. I mean, ultimately my favorite form of being busy is being busy having fun.
    Hey, random question. Some of this stuff kinda sounds like 7 behavior. You don't have 7 in your tritype, do you?
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Hey, random question. Some of this stuff kinda sounds like 7 behavior. You don't have 7 in your tritype, do you?
    I relate to 7 to some degree, but I have always felt I have more 6 behavior and traits in me. I think others will agree, and after meeting @EJCC who does have 7 in her tritype, I don't think I have it. Another hallmark of 7 is being mellow. I am decidedly unmellow.

My tritype is 136 (though 3 is not very visible online, it's very visible in person).

1 also integrates to 7, so we appear a bit more 7 like when we are healthy, and I am fairly healthy currently.

Likes themightyfetus, EJCC liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I relate to 7 to some degree, but I have always felt I have more 6 behavior and traits in me. I think others will agree, and after meeting @EJCC who does have 7 in her tritype, I don't think I have it. Another hallmark of 7 is being mellow. I am decidedly unmellow.

My tritype is 136 (though 3 is not very visible online, it's very visible in person).

1 also integrates to 7, so we appear a bit more 7 like when we are healthy, and I am fairly healthy currently.
    Sevens are mellow? I've always thought they were more energetic.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Sevens are mellow? I've always thought they were more energetic.
    Maybe that was the wrong word.

They aren't bothered by things. They don't get worked up easily over "messes", inaccuracies, want to try and experience EVERYTHING, and have a laid-back approach to things. That's not me. Though I do want to experience lots of things, that is more of a learned skill. It's not natural.

I may be very energetic, but there's different kinds of energetic. My energy has a permanent air of tension to it. It tends to wear most people out unless we're on a similar wavelength.

Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Maybe that was the wrong word.

They aren't bothered by things. They don't get worked up easily over "messes", inaccuracies, want to try and experience EVERYTHING, and have a laid-back approach to things. That's not me. Though I do want to experience lots of things, that is more of a learned skill. It's not natural.

I may be very energetic, but there's different kinds of energetic. My energy has a permanent air of tension to it. It tends to wear most people out unless we're on a similar wavelength.
    ^ Agreed. @themightyfetus you may be seeing 7 integration, as 1 integrates to 7.

The downside of that permanent chill -- which I think I have to a degree -- is that a lot of times it's nothing but a form of denial. Deluding yourself into thinking that nothing's wrong, until that wrong thing KO's you and you're left lying on the ground not knowing what happened. But of course, an upside is that it's usually a quick and easy process to get back up again
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

How long can you go without social interaction? How long can you go without alone time?

The times I've gone the longest without social interaction I was in a deep depression, so I'm not sure that counts since it obviously wasn't healthy. I don't think I do well without social interaction on a regular basis. My thinking gets weird, and returning to social situations is even more awkward because I'm out of practice.

As for too much social interaction, I think 10 minutes might be my current limit for when I have to talk with several people and an hour for one-on-one conversations. During break time at work or during lulls at a party, I always escape and go somewhere to be alone. I was like that even at school, finding a hiding place and relaxing there. I didn't realize how much of a habit it was until last year.

I didn't count interacting with my family. They're a lot less draining for me since they're in my comfort zone. I can't spend all my time with them, but they're much more tolerable than strangers or acquaintances.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc? What energizes you?

Parties drain me the most. I don't mind crowds for brief periods as long as I don't have to interact with them (like at a mall or a concert), but I still get drained. Even when I find a quiet place to sit and reflect, letting everyone else become part of the background, I won't feel as comfortable as I do when completely alone.

I'm not energized by being alone. It's more like returning to a certain level. Social interaction is draining and it takes time to recover my equilibrium, but it's not like I get surplus energy that way. I'm just trying to stay even. What does energize me is being a new or interesting place, regardless of the people.

This I don't know. At least a day? Maybe longer if it was a big to-do. I tend to avoid draining situations in the first place, so it's hard to say.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not sure if family members and SO count as 'social interactions', but if they do then maybe 50/50 hang out time to alone time. But if you don't count the immediate circle as 'social interactions' the. I have a very low need to ever go out and meet people. Maybe once every month or so.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Completely? About two days then I really need to meet somebody. With mails, phonecalls etc a bit longer.

I depends. I don't really need to be alone, I need the time to think calmly to recharge. On the trips I like bonfires or walks at the night (when everybody is tired and rather lost in their minds) and then I can think. Talking one-to-one is good enough too. I do sometimes go to sleep later than everyone when I need some calm time. Generally it's usually not a problem. But it depends on people. When somebody is following me all the time and talking to me all the time and asking me questions all the time it's tiring to me.

I would say parties drain me the most. I don't mind crowds and talking to a lot of people, I like it (although I'm rather shy), but then when I come back home I'm very tired. On the other hand I don't like most when nothing is happening, it makes me loose energy too (and honestly it's the worst).

What energizes you?
    Getting involved into something I'm interested in, learning new things, meeting interesting people.

A day is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Depends on your definition of "alone time". If I can fit in 5-10 minutes here and there, and if the people I'm with don't annoy me, than I can go for days and days. Maybe weeks.
    Oh, so this is what it means to be etrovert, I'm beginning to understand.

Btw I think that socially it's easier to need time with people than to need time alone. What a person who needs some lonliness can answer for the question:"Do you prefer sit alone than spend time with me?"... People sometimes don't get it.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Re-reading my previous post here, I'd like to change "5-10 minutes" to "30 minutes to 3 hours". At least if we're talking about more than a day or two.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard liked this post