User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

How long can you go without social interaction?
    I've never gone a day without social interaction of some sort. For me, it doesn't have to be face to face. I am constantly updating my closest friends (ISTJ and ISFJ) on what I'm thinking/doing over facebook IM as if it were twitter or something. As for hanging out physically, well, all but 2 of my friends have left town for college, so I can go weeks without it. I work in customer service at work so I get a lot of interaction anyway.

How long can you go without alone time?
    A day? It depends. With friends it can be longer, but if I'm dealing with people at work or people I'm not partial towards, a day of bieng around them and I need a few hours to recover.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc?
    I don't go to clubs or parties--not my thing. My idea of a "party" is inviting all my introvert friends over for a movie marathon or something (100% of my irl friends are introverted). I don't think I'd like going to block parties or clubs or anything like that.

What energizes you?
    Doing things that are FUN and not work. Playing my wii u, either alone or with friends. Browsing this forum, watching tv, hanging out with friends. Anything, as long as it's not going to work!

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation?
    Depends on HOW draining it is. It could range from a couple hours to a day.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp

How long can you go without social interaction? - Indefinitely? I don't think I've ever had enough alone time. I have no concept of loneliness in the sense of just wanting to be around people in general. As long as I had an Internet connection I could probably quite happily become a hermit.

How long can you go without alone time? - Like an hour? That's about when I start searching for a bathroom to hide in for 5 minutes in most social settings. Somewhat longer in the case of my very short list of people I REALLY love (my husband, children, parents, and best friend), but even them I can only take for a few hours without wanting to scream.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc? - Parties, especially parties of mostly extended family are the worst! My 3y/o son having an extra clingy extra touchey super Fe day takes it out of me fast. A weekend truly and entirely alone sounds like my idea of heaven.

What energizes you? - completely alone in the house and knowing it will be that way for hours.

Anytime I've taken a dichotomous mbti type test I have never scored lower than 95% on introversion and often higher. It's dreadfully annoying to need this much alone time but I've tried faking it and I just can't do it. I mostly survive by not sleeping much and using the middle of the night to be alone. It's not ideal but it is what it is. I have high hopes that having my kids in school will be a revelation to my social energy levels, we shall see.

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation? - I don't remember the last time I felt entirely recharged, definitely pre-kids. (My oldest is 6 in October)
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    826 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

My family and friends are very important to me. We do things together all the time. I count myself blessed for that. I'd be depressed if I went more than a few days without seeing them. Work socializing, however, I do need a break from. I'm a teacher and I love my job, but I couldn't do it without those breaks.

I can go a fairly long time without true "alone time." A few hours here and there is always nice, though.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc?
    They're all nice in moderation. Any of them would drain me if they went on for too long.

What energizes you?
    Somebody else already said it, but doing things that are FUN and not work.

A good run or motorcycle ride usually clears my head. I bounce back quickly.

MBTI
    yupp

a week than i go out immediatly regret it, go home watch netflix
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The effects of socializing seem to be cumulative with me. The more I do it, the more my energy is depleted, and the more irritable and anxious I get, and then I need a day or two alone. It also seems to be worse in the summer, because there are more social gatherings. More pressure to be around people.

I could probably go months without human interaction. I shouldn't, and I doubt I will ever be in the position where I would, but I could do it. Just give me my dog and a stack of books, and I would be fine.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    The effects of socializing seem to be cumulative with me. The more I do it, the more my energy is depleted, and the more irritable and anxious I get, and then I need a day or two alone. It also seems to be worse in the summer, because there are more social gatherings. More pressure to be around people.

I could probably go months without human interaction. I shouldn't, and I doubt I will ever be in the position where I would, but I could do it. Just give me my dog and a stack of books, and I would be fine.
    i have not interacted with people for months at a time, at first its great but eventually the isolation wears on you and it really sucks.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I tend to find that when I date extroverts, they kind of expect me to socialize. Even worse, they tend to be looking over my shoulder and correcting me whenever I do or say something improper. I feel as though I'm constantly being judged.

I liked doing things in smaller groups with extraverted partners, but they tend to prefer the larger gatherings.

I enjoy family gatherings more, because I feel that people aren't judging me so much. Sometimes that gets exhausting, too.

I can go days without really chatting with my coworkers, although I'm trying to be better at this because I generally like most of then.

I usually spend my weekends alone. It's probably not healthy, but I haven't found a workable alternative.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP

A day or two. It depends greatly how much I've been socializing recently.

It depends who I'm with. If I'm just at home with my husband and there are times when we are just doing our own things without talking to each other much I'm just enjoying it. On the other hand certain type of people suck me empty really quick and it can take days to recover.

Situations when I have to actively take part in communication with people who are challenging. An intense meeting at work with clients for example.

What energizes you?
    Daydreaming, reading, seeking new information about an interesting topic, sleeping, just being around my loved ones.

After a day at work I don't usually want to be around anyone else besides my husband. I just want to be at home and not to go anywhere. It I can do that, I've usually charged my batteries until the next day.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by MyCupOfTea View Post
    A day or two. It depends greatly how much I've been socializing recently.

It depends who I'm with. If I'm just at home with my husband and there are times when we are just doing our own things without talking to each other much I'm just enjoying it. On the other hand certain type of people suck me empty really quick and it can take days to recover.

Situations when I have to actively take part in communication with people who are challenging. An intense meeting at work with clients for example.

What energizes you?
    Daydreaming, reading, seeking new information about an interesting topic, sleeping, just being around my loved ones.

After a day at work I don't usually want to be around anyone else besides my husband. I just want to be at home and not to go anywhere. It I can do that, I've usually charged my batteries until the next day.
    You sound exactly like me!
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes MyCupOfTea liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by tardismama View Post
    How long can you go without social interaction? - Indefinitely? I don't think I've ever had enough alone time. I have no concept of loneliness in the sense of just wanting to be around people in general. As long as I had an Internet connection I could probably quite happily become a hermit.

How long can you go without alone time? - Like an hour? That's about when I start searching for a bathroom to hide in for 5 minutes in most social settings. Somewhat longer in the case of my very short list of people I REALLY love (my husband, children, parents, and best friend), but even them I can only take for a few hours without wanting to scream.

What situations drain you the most--clubs, seminars, a weekend alone, parties, etc? - Parties, especially parties of mostly extended family are the worst! My 3y/o son having an extra clingy extra touchey super Fe day takes it out of me fast. A weekend truly and entirely alone sounds like my idea of heaven.

What energizes you? - completely alone in the house and knowing it will be that way for hours.

Anytime I've taken a dichotomous mbti type test I have never scored lower than 95% on introversion and often higher. It's dreadfully annoying to need this much alone time but I've tried faking it and I just can't do it. I mostly survive by not sleeping much and using the middle of the night to be alone. It's not ideal but it is what it is. I have high hopes that having my kids in school will be a revelation to my social energy levels, we shall see.

How long does it take to recover from a draining situation? - I don't remember the last time I felt entirely recharged, definitely pre-kids. (My oldest is 6 in October)
    You sound like a true ESFJ.

(I'm kidding, by the way.)
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes tardismama liked this post