User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I largely find to Fe to get "in the way" of something that actually truly makes me happy. I've yet to really figure out a manner in which I can use Fe "in service of" Ti, rather than having something be the choice between the two.

Essentially, nearly ever poor decision in my life I can boil down to letting my emotions getting the best of me and overriding my sense on what I think I should do in a given situation. The general sentiment is, that if I just follow my head, everything will be okay.

Fe can continue to take a back seat.

The real problem is, I still treat Fe and "Fe-like" behaviors with complete disdain and absolute disrespect. I simply cannot accept anything that feels influenced by that attitude and I will reject it, or at least, try to grin and bear it while it eats away at my very soul.
    You sound like me when I was younger. I agree that you shouldn't make decisions purely on impulse -- strong emotion screws up your judgment big time -- but I find my best decisions are not just well considered, they also feel right. Feelings are facts.

MBTI
    IsTP
    Enneagram
    954 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Most of what my Fe does seems to be dictated by my enneagram rather than Ti, or maybe Ti just manifests itself through my enneagram. Either way, it either goes full on or full off, and there's rarely an in-between. Either it's off and I'll make a critique that ends up sounding more like "you suck go jump off a cliff" or crack a joke at the wrong time, or it's on and I defer to what everyone else wants because I don't want to speak for myself usually because Ti knows that, in that situation, what I want is inconsequential (that is to say, it doesn't/shouldn't matter). If I know it's off, I'll try to retreat into myself and shut everyone out.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oooh... I'm the first Fe tertiary to answer!

I'd call it charm really... Fe lets me collect more information than I would otherwise by getting people to tell me things that they might not otherwise... it also is very helpful in getting people to do things my way once I've made a decision. I'll admit that I tend to explain things to people in a very Ti way to get them to do things (with numbers and facts and figures), but Fe makes people CARE about those things when they might not otherwise... it allows me to make that something that they are personally invested in because I can chat with them in a very human way and make it about them if necessary.

I don't always trust it and I try to always stop myself from following it on an unanalyzed whim because I don't like to take action that I don't know for sure will go how I want for it to and because I have gotten burned by following it in the past and I suppose that I should trust it a bit more... it has, as I've gotten older, made me a bit more able to get along with people and find common ground and have the tendency to genuinely like most people... even the ones I'm told that I shouldn't.

in other words, Fe is my superpower and will likely be my undoing
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes FutureInProgress, castigat liked this post

Sleeply............. Cat Brainz's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    973 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

For me Ti/Fe acts as a kind of regulating system. I often think of some Ti idea or observation that may be perceived as cruel or heartless then Fe comes along and makes me consider how it will be viewed by others. For instance i may think say something along the lines of "it would be effective to use homeless as community labour" then Fe makes me consider how that would be seen by people at large and how the homeless would feel about. In other words Fe is just to help me express Ti to the world without being seen as sociopathic or uncaring and also to help me connect with others via genuinely caring about them.
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

Tell me is this a grin of joy or is it a grimace of pain?

Taking a cat nap
    9w1 7w6 3w4
    Likes Snickie liked this post

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

phony
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

First I decide on an analytical thought or feeling I want to communicate with Ti. Ne tells me if the people around me are interested in hearing it, or indeed if it's relevant to anything they might care about at all, i.e. if it's worth saying.

Once I've decided if it's worth saying I'll look around the room/situation and wait for Fe, which either gives me a green light, red light, or yellow to slow down and just rethink everything once more.

Fe supports Ti to the extent that it's able to keep Ti lighthearted and sociable, in spite of a tendency toward heaviness and seriousness inside. Ti supports Fe by learning to be quiet long enough for Fe to speak and then listening to what it says.

Sometimes Fe will bring up some embarrassing statement from my unconscious that contradicts everything I just said, so I try to always subject Fe to Ne whenever possible. Letting Fe have free reign with only Ti to stand up to it is never pretty.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    You sound like me when I was younger. I agree that you shouldn't make decisions purely on impulse -- strong emotion screws up your judgment big time -- but I find my best decisions are not just well considered, they also feel right. Feelings are facts.
    Feelings are facts just like water is brown.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    541 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII None

Ti is focused on understanding structures, observing patterns in how they work.

But, Ti doesn't dabble in anything external. Effectively, I use Fe to understand the patterns in how a structure works, what makes it tick. Being a Ti-dom, the Fe is very limited and heavily weighted by logical judgments.