2w5 sx

Default Se vs. Ne

Could you explain the difference?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Extraverted Sensing

Extraverted iNtuiting (Ne)

Ne thinks of possibilities. What if the moon landing what a fake? What if there's a big bang within each black hole? What if George Washington is a white dog?

Extroverted sensing notices the details of the outside world.

Default Se vs. Ne

I think Se and Ne help at a structural level at both points 5&1 for things to be recognised for cognitive evaluation in a five part structure working along with not separate from functions: I , E , J ,and P .

Both Se and Ne are focused towards recognising processes it's beginning and completion what took place and how it took place.

Se and Ne at point five seems to work in a NT--SP recognition and compline to translate as know late obtained.

Se is linear focused. Recognising, Ne is lateral focused. Both Cognitive Processes Focus Upon Recognising; Ideas and concepts relating to people and things within now time narrative.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Se hears what was said.
    Ne hears what was meant.

(best I can do when hyper analysing such small facets of a being)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

So would Ne be more paranoid, as they have Si and Ne working together to both help them remember the past and predict future outcomes?

Or would Se be more paranoid because they have Ni and are more liable to have hard hunches about what they pick up in someones present behavior?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    So would Ne be more paranoid, as they have Si and Ne working together to both help them remember the past and predict future outcomes?

Or would Se be more paranoid because they have Ni and are more liable to have hard hunches about what they pick up in someones present behavior?
    First of all, paranoia is a terrible thing to waste. Make the most of it. Secondly, paranoia is irrational and as such wouldn't be so easily classified.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Could you explain the difference?
    Se: what is actual, what is present
    Ne: what could potentially be, what is possible

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Enneagram

I've read that S-types are actually more likely to be capital 'P' Paranoid, because their inferior N can flare up and spiral into crazy worst-case scenarios. They're much less optimistic about the future, which is probably why they're always so prepared for everything.

I think Ne-doms are more likely to see things that aren't there, but I don't know if that's paranoia per se. I would probably describe myself as hyper-alert and overly imaginative, but I'm not really paranoid. I usually imagine things are going to go very well and don't take the necessary precautions. I'm very trusting of other people, and the world at large. My ESTP dad thinks I'm a real rube.
    Likes Xander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Does Fe influence paranoia?

So Se types have better sense of direction because they are better at picking up visual clues from their environment? Or do Ne types havw better sense of direction because they have better control over Si and can remember where they have been more accuratley?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

It depends on where the Ne is. Ne-inferiors like ISxJs' Ne mostly manifests as a fear of the future/change/etc. I have tertiary Ne, which occasionally does this, but not always. I don't know much about Se as I don't use it so it's hard for me to relate to, but I would say that the Ne/Si relationship works like this: Si-doms tend to prefer traditional things so their Ne will occasionally cause them intense fear or panic over the future/changes, and Ne-doms with inferior Si will prefer that which is novel and new and will occasionally feel their inferior Si tug at them to do something "nostalgic". Inferior functions that have not yet been developed mostly only occur in times of stress, or are used for fun. Developing these inferior functions is what leads to a "healthy" type.
    Likes Mane liked this post