User Tag List

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Default Anyone else get mistyped often?

I am ENFP, but I'm always typed as a thinker by the people closest to me because I am an analytical feeler. I also often get typed SP by others because of my thrill seeking and adventurous attitude (which isn't limited to just Se users), and even my counselor who is a total whiz at puschology typed me as an SP because she claims that I mention facts more than possibilities, but really I'm just talking about facts because She's a counselor and everyone should talk about the facts if they want to get anything out if the appointment. Overall the most common mistype is ESTP, followed by ESTJ, and ENTP. I even got mistyped as ISTJ before by a Bachelor's degree holder that claimed that I was quiet and anxious. Quiet? ENFP's are one of the most imtroverted extraverts. Anxious? She claimed that because of my tapping on things in which I really do just because I am AD-HD and I am constantly having dome sort of song stuck in my head, and my imagination tells me I am actually listening to it, so I drum to what I am imagining. I was wondering if anyone else has been mistyped sometime in their life, how far off it was, and for what reason. I'm hoping this will start a reminder thread to make sure people on this forum don't make the same mistakes in typing.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Some people mistype me as INFP or ISFJ. My first experience with MBTI tests scored me as ISTJ.

ENFPs can seem quiet at first with those that they don't know well enough. More Fi influence than Fe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

No one I know cares much about MBTI enough to know how to type me.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Yeah ikr? People are always mistyping INFJ's as ISFJ's and ISFJ's as INFJ's, which is why N's seem to make up 99% of the population when really it's the sensors that are dirt common. I
    My brother is a perfect example. On any shorter test he woyld get INFJ, but when I made him take the 72 question mind boggler, he ended up as ISFJ. For a while I actually believed he was INFJ also because he trusts his gut and enjoys creative activities, but apparently he enjoys his senses just a wee bit more than he trusts his gut. Was the ISTJ typing resulted from a BS iPhone app, a pyschologist who doesn't know what he's talking about, an online cognitive function test, or an actual 60+ questionairre that gives you an in depth way of testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Some people mistype me as INFP or ISFJ. My first experience with MBTI tests scored me as ISTJ.

ENFPs can seem quiet at first with those that they don't know well enough. More Fi influence than Fe.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Kinda. At first glance I look like an ESTJ, but it doesnt take long to figure out that is not the case.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I exist to be mistyped.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Yeah from some of your posts I see on other threads, you do seem ESTJ, but then again I don't know you :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Kinda. At first glance I look like an ESTJ, but it doesnt take long to figure out that is not the case.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    No one I know cares much about MBTI enough to know how to type me.
    Mostly this. I do have two friends who are familiar with MBTI. Upon learning of my interest in it, they both said, "You're an INTJ, aren't you?"

Online, it's only the people who don't know me well who mistype me. I suppose it's because I'm not as blunt or tactless as a stereotypical INTJ. They think I must be an F type of some kind. The reality is that I often struggle to choose my words carefully.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Ugh, I've been typed ENTP too many times on the internet. Irl no one cares as others above me have touched on.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I usually mistype as ISFJ because I'm very low-energy due to depression. Other than that no real mistypes. None of my friends care about MBTI so even though I'm always trying to get their opinions on my type, it's kind of pointless if they resist me