User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 22

  1. #1
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default The 7 Deadly Sins and MBTI Correlation

    I decided to do this with the Jungian Cognitive Functions.

    Si: Sloth (the opposite of Se, not wanting something physical to do)
    Se: Lust (obvious)
    Ni: Gluttony (because you don't consider how much food is there or how full you are)
    Ne: Pride

    T: Greed (or Deceit) (irrelevant of I and E because Ts do what makes sense most)
    Fi: Envy (or Fear)
    Fe: Wrath

    Read this section before looking at the types! Otherwise it won't make sense.
    About the duplicate sins: I'll deicde which one fits better, and you can still comment if you disagree.
    Before we type, let me explain something. The dominant sin isn't the strongest one. It's just the one you have in control the most.
    Vice versa with the inferior sin. The inferior sin would be the one you have the least control over.
    Also, not every type has every sin in there, and some types might have different sins as well. This is just a rule in general if yo know what I mean.
    Now: let's start.

    ISTJ
    Dominant Sloth (they're called workaholics because they have that sin under control very well)
    Auxiliary Greed
    Tetriary Fear
    Inferior Pride

    ISTP
    Dominant Greed
    Auxiliary Lust
    Tetriary Gluttony
    Inferior Wrath

    ESTP
    Dominant Lust
    Auxiliary Greed
    Tetriary Wrath
    Inferior Gluttony

    ESTJ
    Dominant Greed
    Auxiliary Sloth
    Tetriary Pride
    Inferior Envy

    ISFJ
    Dominant Sloth
    Auxiliary Wrath
    Tetriary Deceit
    Inferior Pride (this doesn't really fit, does it... ?)

    ISFP
    Dominant Fear
    Auxiliary Lust
    Tetriary Gluttony
    Inferior Deceit (I mean white lies, not selfish ones)

    ESFP
    Dominant Lust
    Auxiliary Envy
    Tetriary Deceit (or possibly Greed)
    Inferior Gluttony

    ESFJ
    Dominant Wrath
    Auxiliary Sloth
    Tetriary Pride
    Inferior Deceit (cause I don't know about Greed...)

    INFJ
    Dominant Gluttony
    Auxiliary Wrath
    Tetriary Greed
    Inferior Lust

    INFP
    Dominant Envy or Fear (I don't know INFPs, despite me being IN_P as well, well enough to decide here...)
    Auxiliary Pride
    Tetriary Sloth
    Inferior Greed or Deceit (can't decide again... INFPs, help meee!)

    ENFP
    Dominant Pride
    Auxiliary Envy or Fear (wow, I'm indecisive...)
    Tetriary Greed or Deceit (wtf is wrong with me?)
    Inferior Sloth (not sure about this one...)

    ENFJ
    Dominant Wrath
    Auxiliary Gluttony
    Tetriary Lust
    Inferior Greed

    INTJ
    Dominant Gluttony
    Auxiliary Greed
    Tetriary Envy
    Inferior Lust

    INTP
    Dominant Greed (although I'm more Gluttony)
    Auxiliary Pride (oh hell yeah, Ima narcissistic fucka)
    Tetriary Sloth (ow gawd yes, I'm really lazy)
    Inferior Wrath (OMG yess, I have aggression problems)

    ENTP
    Dominant Pride
    Auxiliary Greed
    Tetriary Wrath
    Inferior Sloth (not necessarily Sloth, but I know an ENTP with a really high pain tolerance.)

    ENTJ
    Dominant Greed
    Auxiliary Gluttony
    Tetriary Lust
    Inferior Envy or Deceit (not sure...)

    There you have it. The 7 Deadly Sins in MBTI, Jungian Cognitive Functions. What do you think? Was it accurate? Comment below.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  2. #2
    Senior Member senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    First of all, there's the whole 7 sins, 8 functions mismatch thing.

    Second, to suggest that human cognition is inherently sinful seems completely absurd to me.

    Third, both systems are probably just made up.

    So yeah, fun though it may be to correlate everything, sometimes, there is no point.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

  3. #3
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    First of all, there's the whole 7 sins, 8 functions mismatch thing.

    Second, to suggest that human cognition is inherently sinful seems completely absurd to me.

    Third, both systems are probably just made up.

    So yeah, fun though it may be to correlate everything, sometimes, there is no point.
    "First of all", there is no mismatch.
    2nd: I've never stated that any of the Cognitive Functions are intrinsically sinful. I just correlated them.
    3rd: You're just trolling, arent you...
    BTW: There is a point right here --> .
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  4. #4
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    (irrelevant of I and E because Ts do what makes sense most)
    Do do F's.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  5. #5
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Do do F's.
    Fs do what's morally right.
    there's a misconception that Fs are emotional (getting mad, sad, happy quickly) but that's not what F means.
    F stands for feeler. They make decisions based on what's morally right.
    T stands for thinker. They make decisions based on what makes sense.
    You aren't wrong though. According to the cognitive functions, everybody has T and F as well as S and N, which one is Introverted and the other Extroverted.
    Therefore, an F's logic would be either tertiary or inferior, but still existent. That would mean an F would only make a logical decision if it is also morally right.
    Vice versa, a T would only make a morally right decision if it makes sense to do so.

    But would you say your hypothetical sins are accurate?
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  6. #6
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Fs do what's morally right.
    there's a misconception that Fs are emotional (getting mad, sad, happy quickly) but that's not what F means.
    F stands for feeler. They make decisions based on what's morally right.
    T stands for thinker. They make decisions based on what makes sense.
    You aren't wrong though. According to the cognitive functions, everybody has T and F as well as S and N, which one is Introverted and the other Extroverted.
    Therefore, an F's logic would be either tertiary or inferior, but still existent. That would mean an F would only make a logical decision if it is also morally right.
    Vice versa, a T would only make a morally right decision if it makes sense to do so.

    But would you say your hypothetical sins are accurate?
    I am an F type and I do what makes sense. Most people, regardless of their type do what makes sense. You made a poor distinction between F and T, and as far as I can tell your grasp on what each type and function actually does is tenuous at best.

    I and A LOT of F types here consider themselves very logical rational people, and most actually are. The distinction between F and T is what information gets used, and what is deemed important.

    I think your list is based off silly stereotypes and a poor grasp on typology. If there is a correlation it would be very weak at best.

    My "sins" (which actually aren't) are not captured by this list of 7, and as it stands I have no interest in detailing what they are.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

    Likes BluRoses liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member BluRoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    I decided to do this with the Jungian Cognitive Functions.

    Si: Sloth (the opposite of Se, not wanting something physical to do)
    Se: Lust (obvious)
    Ni: Gluttony (because you don't consider how much food is there or how full you are)
    Ne: Pride

    T: Greed (or Deceit) (irrelevant of I and E because Ts do what makes sense most)
    Fi: Envy (or Fear)
    Fe: Wrath

    Read this section before looking at the types! Otherwise it won't make sense.
    About the duplicate sins: I'll deicde which one fits better, and you can still comment if you disagree.
    Before we type, let me explain something. The dominant sin isn't the strongest one. It's just the one you have in control the most.
    Vice versa with the inferior sin. The inferior sin would be the one you have the least control over.
    Also, not every type has every sin in there, and some types....[/B][/I]
    I don't really agree with the seven deadly sins on their own, and I don't see a lot of correlation to the types...but I think this was an interesting idea.

    Also, my sin (if i believed in this) would be pride. Not sure that would apply to other ENFJ's at all though...
    Last edited by BluRoses; 04-09-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: I accidentally quoted Hard and didn't mean to. phone issues..
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

    Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

    Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

  8. #8
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    I know you probably put a lot of thought into this, but they seem to have been chosen arbitrarily and at random.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

  9. #9
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    I don't really agree with the seven deadly sins on their own, and I don't see a lot of correlation to the types...but I think this was an interesting idea.

    Also, my sin (if i believed in this) would be pride. Not sure that would apply to other ENFJ's at all though...
    I may be an anomoly, but pride is rarely an issue for me. It can take time in some cases but I can almost always push through it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

    Likes BluRoses liked this post

  10. #10
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,775

    Default

    Ti: Sloth
    Se: Lust
    Si: Gluttony
    Te: Pride
    Se: Greed (or Deceit)
    Fi: Envy (or Fear)
    Fe/Te: Wrath

Similar Threads

  1. The Four Horses, PSI, and MBTI
    By Thalassa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 01:18 AM
  2. Seven Deadly Sins and Type
    By Grace in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 12:39 PM
  3. Humoral theory (temperament) and MBTI correlations?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
  4. Sin and MBTI
    By briochick in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 06:43 PM
  5. The Seven Deadly Sins [.as depicted by Dave Quiggle.]
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO