• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] ENTJ's are susceptible to toxic relationships

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
About a year ago I posted on a message board that ENTJ's are susceptible to toxic relationships. I posted my own experiences chronicling this adventure with my own psychoanalyst on a forum.

Immediately I received positive feedback from all posters who were not self-typed as ENTJ - for the record I am not self typed...I am typed by a Jungian analyst as an ENTJ.

Now my biggest issue in life, an issue which has gotten me up the creek if you know what I mean, is bad relationships. In my life, I have in the past hung out with those who were of a dubious disposition, degenerates, who, at the time I believed were holy saints.

Now I was not splitting them in a bipolar sense, but I was in an inferior FI sense...and today, for the 100th time, reading Jungian literature I have come across a great quotation to demonstrate the depths of my insights, to share, with, all, of, you.

So here is the quotation:
"Therefore the feeling function could better be called the valuing function. It is the function in the psyche that has the job of recognizing values in people, things, and ideas and distinguishing what has high value from what has low value. It is your feeling function that tells you whether certain people are good for you, "nourishing" for you, in a feeling sense, or poisonous for you. If your feeling function is working consciously, it tells you what is right for you and what would be destructive with you."

So I stand vindicated once again against the trolls who in a former life have tried to usurp the wisdom I have stumbled on or to venerate(enervate) *sarcasm* me with their insults...all of which I weathered and took (with a grain of salt) somewhat personally and today prove their foolishness - rest their souls for their ignorant and harmful stance.

It is a shame, shame, shame, crying shame......that such ENTJ's are on a fast track for divorce, drug addiction, career addiction and will not heed the guidance of their internal subjective parallel to me, and instead criticize themselves by criticizing a projection of me in their psyche...but alast...such is the game of thrones...

Only a Jedi can rule.

ENTJ's who fit this stereotype: The doctor who marries a spend thrift and who only loves him or her for their money, the Lawyer who works for 30 years gets to the top and then has a melt down as he binges on cocain, the ENTJ who has friends that shit on him while he shits on strangers at work....

All of these are symptoms of weak FI...as all those who know, know....if you are not in the know...now you know...

Selah, Selah, Selah....

Forever hold my peace.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure the inferior FI has nothing to do with it

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm sure the inferior FI has nothing to do with it

I just quoted a Jungian analyst, probably the most prominent today considering he has five books published, who stated that inferior FI has everything to do with it...that's like meeting a pro basketball player and him teaching you how to shoot and you saying, "yeah but I'm sure you don't even know how to shoot."

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just quoted a Jungian analyst, probably the most prominent today considering he has five books published, who stated that inferior FI has everything to do with it...that's like meeting a pro basketball player and him teaching you how to shoot and you saying, "yeah but I'm sure you don't even know how to shoot."

i don't think my sarcasm could have been any more blatant

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION] the quote only mentioned Feeling functions in general. Couldn't it easily be said that IxTPs and ExTJs are all prone to this issue? What aspect do you see as specific to inferior Fi (especially in ENTJs)?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
[MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION] the quote only mentioned Feeling functions in general. Couldn't it easily be said that IxTPs and ExTJs are all prone to this issue? What aspect do you see as specific to inferior Fi (especially in ENTJs)?

Good point...I left out half the page where it was clearly delineated as FI if I recall correctly, but if not, I see your point and I've considered that too.

I would think that FI inferior creates personal blind spites where as FE inferior creates trasnpersonal blindspots...so an FE inferior would be more susceptible to being betrayed by an external value where as the FI would be an internal one...but both would have issues with blind trust. They would have trouble trusting their gut on who meant them good or harm and they would have trouble realizing when they were harming someone else in terms of being toxic in a relationship of course...

I could be wrong about it being introverted feeling as I've put the book down for a few days now but if you'd like I'll get the rest of the quotation up...would you like that?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i'm sorry...lol...

I do have asbergers so it's hard for me to pick up on sarcasm.

I find that sarcasm doesn't come across as easily when you're not talking with them face to face.