User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 106

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default Ask me ANYTHING!!!

    All these 'Ask an ESFJ','Ask an ENFP', & such threads seem like fun. Well, I'm not sure on my type (maybe this is a good way to figure it out), but go on & ask me some questions guys! I'm down for a little Q&A. They can be about practically anything. Promise I'll answer as best as I can. Who's brave enough to start?
    Likes Anomoly, themightyfetus liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    How long do you hold grudges?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    How long do you hold grudges?
    Sometimes pretty long. I'll hold them for months or years against some people. If it's petty enough I can move on in a few days or less. I try not to be mad at old friends to their face, though. I'll say 'hi' or have a short conversation, the kind you'd have with a stranger, but I'd never let them get close again. Good question btw! It's very relevant to my life atm.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    if you were stranded on a desert island with nothing but a string, a rubber bag, a helium pump, berries, a feather, and a piece of flat bark, how would you attempt to get off the island?
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    if you were stranded on a desert island with nothing but a string, a rubber bag, a helium pump, berries, a feather, and a piece of flat bark, how would you attempt to get off the island?
    Hmm... what a bazaar combination of things. Berries? Is that just for food supply? Guess i'll eat those! I'd use the helium pump to try to inflate the bag & then use the string to tie it closed & attach it to the wood & try to ride on the wood across the water. I don't understand the use of the feather? Am I missing something? Are those the only things I can use, or can I make use of the terrain around me? Really, it doesn't sound like too good of an idea, though. I suppose I'd be stuck on that island for a very long time.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Lol good try, but no. There's no way a little balloon could carry a person over water, but here's my answer: make a balloon out of the string, bag, and helium; make dye out of the berries, and write an SOS message on the bark, attaching it to the balloon, and letting it float to the nearest island, where someone will hopefully find it. There was really no right or wrong answer to that question though, it was just to engage creative thinking, which was acheived, and even though you didn't get the same answer as me, you still got it right, simply because you said something that you didn't find in a survival manual. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    Hmm... what a bazaar combination of things. Berries? Is that just for food supply? Guess i'll eat those! I'd use the helium pump to try to inflate the bag & then use the string to tie it closed & attach it to the wood & try to ride on the wood across the water. I don't understand the use of the feather? Am I missing something? Are those the only things I can use, or can I make use of the terrain around me? Really, it doesn't sound like too good of an idea, though. I suppose I'd be stuck on that island for a very long time.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Lol good try, but no. There's no way a little balloon could carry a person over water, but here's my answer: make a balloon out of the string, bag, and helium; make dye out of the berries, and write an SOS message on the bark, attaching it to the balloon, and letting it float to the nearest island, where someone will hopefully find it. There was really no right or wrong answer to that question though, it was just to engage creative thinking, which was acheived, and even though you didn't get the same answer as me, you still got it right, simply because you said something that you didn't find in a survival manual. Good job.
    Thanks. Your way sounds better. Although, I guess both would depend on the currents in the water, because it could end up never reaching anywhere nearby & just float back to where you originally let it go. It reminds me of this screen saver my dad had on his computer, when I was little, of this guy stuck on an island who would put letters in a bottle, throw them in the ocean, & they'd always float back to him.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Hah good point, you'd have to find a way around the laws of physics. You could wait until the current changes, or just throw the balloon in the direction of the current. You could also make a smoke signal by starting a fire with the bark and then fanning it with the helium, of course you better hope the plane finds you before you burn alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    Thanks. Your way sounds better. Although, I guess both would depend on the currents in the water, because it could end up never reaching anywhere nearby & just float back to where you originally let it go. It reminds me of this screen saver my dad had on his computer, when I was little, of this guy stuck on an island who would put letters in a bottle, throw them in the ocean, & they'd always float back to him.

  9. #9
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    All these 'Ask an ESFJ','Ask an ENFP', & such threads seem like fun. Well, I'm not sure on my type (maybe this is a good way to figure it out), but go on & ask me some questions guys! I'm down for a little Q&A. They can be about practically anything. Promise I'll answer as best as I can. Who's brave enough to start?
    What do you think of Albert Einstein?
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    What do you think of Albert Einstein?
    He seems like he was a very interesting man. I know he's made some great achievements in physics. I also heard that he had dyslexia, & it seems his teachers didn't understand him well in school. I think it's great to see that troubles don't have to hold you back, & they don't define how intelligent you are or how far you're capable of going. I can see from your quotes that you must be quite fond of him.

Similar Threads

  1. Ask me anything
    By TheNewGuy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM
  2. Ask me anything!
    By MonkeyGrass in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
  3. I am a female! Ask me anything :)
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
  4. I am a male! Ask me anything!
    By Nillerz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Ask Me Anything
    By FFF in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO