User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Ask an ENFP.

  1. #11
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    That sounds like a great career choice! I've always wanted to be a cop, because of the action and the mental challenge of investigation, but then after a took the mbti, I realized I am more suited for the careers that allow creativity, spontaneity, and frequent travel. I don't know what I'm going for yet, but it will probably something to do with the arts or psychology that allows me to pursue my own goals and experience action or travel ( a traveling entrepreneur, a private investigator, a journalist, etc) I think law is a great way to help people though, and I'm very good at convincing people, so I probably would've went into that field if it weren't for all the rules and regulations I'd have to follow in that specific career and that lack of spontaneity and travel. Sorry for the lengthy speech , I was just on a roll :p
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    I see...
    I've personally never had a girlfriend yet out of my own decision not to date because I have to concentrate more on preparing for my career as a lawyer.
    I personally like to become a lawyer. You help people by arguing against other people while doing detective work to look for evidence and getting paid alot for it.

    Another question (more personal): What's your job/career/occupation?
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

  2. #12
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    That sounds like a great career choice! I've always wanted to be a cop, because of the action and the mental challenge of investigation, but then after a took the mbti, I realized I am more suited for the careers that allow creativity, spontaneity, and frequent travel. I don't know what I'm going for yet, but it will probably something to do with the arts or psychology that allows me to pursue my own goals and experience action or travel ( a traveling entrepreneur, a private investigator, a journalist, etc) I think law is a great way to help people though, and I'm very good at convincing people, so I probably would've went into that field if it weren't for all the rules and regulations I'd have to follow in that specific career and that lack of spontaneity and travel. Sorry for the lengthy speech , I was just on a roll :p
    Talk as much as you want. Size doesn't scare me. I'll read it all, no problem!
    Though as a Defense Attorney, it's more spontaneous than you think.
    They have their own office, and the clients could come in at any time, even at night, when you're sleeping, if you're not closed by then.
    I think the best Defense Attorney by MBTI would be ENxP. The best prosecution would be xNTJ.
    being a Defense Attorney is in fact a spontaneous job. the only plans you stick to, are when you go to court, or having appointments with your clients, but other than that, there isn't much planning going on as a Defense Attorney.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  3. #13
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Really? I thought being a lawyer involved strict schedules and a ton of rules. It may be a good career to consider, I'm going to a career counselor in about a week, she could help me decide. So far I'm open to any career where I can meet some decent people, think creatively, and move around/exercise my spontaneity. Especially a career full of action and travel, like the FBI, except they don't own you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Talk as much as you want. Size doesn't scare me. I'll read it all, no problem!
    Though as a Defense Attorney, it's more spontaneous than you think.
    They have their own office, and the clients could come in at any time, even at night, when you're sleeping, if you're not closed by then.
    I think the best Defense Attorney by MBTI would be ENxP. The best prosecution would be xNTJ.
    being a Defense Attorney is in fact a spontaneous job. the only plans you stick to, are when you go to court, or having appointments with your clients, but other than that, there isn't much planning going on as a Defense Attorney.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

  4. #14
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    All of my experience with ENFPs would seem to indicate that this is an impossibility.

    Just kidding. Although that does lead me to my question. Do you find that talking aloud aids your thought process? Because I've found that to be the case with the ENFPs I know. And if so, why do you find it helpful?
    *swoops in on broom*

    Yes, it does. Sometimes I get really good "a-f'ing-ha" moments from talking aloud. I look at my listener and say, "I'm just as surprised as you!" I have no idea why this happens. It's like verbal/mental weaving and a pattern will take shape as I speak.

    It also happens to a lesser degree when writing. It's better if I'm actually writing rather than typing but I type more since I have RA.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

  5. #15
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Look who decided to join the thread! Welcome fellow ENFP. I've got a question for you. What is your ennegram? What do you want most out of life? And would you prefer great famine or an all out medieval age tech war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    *swoops in on broom*

    Yes, it does. Sometimes I get really good "a-f'ing-ha" moments from talking aloud. I look at my listener and say, "I'm just as surprised as you!" I have no idea why this happens. It's like verbal/mental weaving and a pattern will take shape as I speak.

    It also happens to a lesser degree when writing. It's better if I'm actually writing rather than typing but I type more since I have RA.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

  6. #16
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Really? I thought being a lawyer involved strict schedules and a ton of rules. It may be a good career to consider, I'm going to a career counselor in about a week, she could help me decide. So far I'm open to any career where I can meet some decent people, think creatively, and move around/exercise my spontaneity. Especially a career full of action and travel, like the FBI, except they don't own you.
    Nope, not for a Defense Attorney. There are schedules, in form of appointments, but YOU are the one making them, so you can really customize it how you want. You really should consider it, but first you should go to an actual defense attorney and see in how far this is actually true, since I'm not a 100% reliable source.
    You probably know the infamous INTJ-ENFP relationship pairing, right? The INTJ would be the prosecution, and the ENFP would be the defense.
    I understand why you thought it involved schedules that much, because it's like tnhat in the prosecution.
    Js would be worse defense attorneys because they couldn't handle people spontaneously coming into their office, and not having a planned salary.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  7. #17
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Yeah I'm definitely adding that to the list of like 40 possible career choices. It'd probably be easier to become an entrepreneur though, you need a doctorates to become a lawyer but no degree necessary for starting a business, but hey I can use the extra schooling and bring myself to the fullest intellectual potential. The only problem is if college is as bad as high school, that I wouldn't be able to put up with it for 8 years. From what I hear from other ppeople though, college will leave high school in the dust on the awesome scale. Also from what I've read before, high school is suited mainly for SJ's, but once you get to college the teaching procedures are much more suited for N's as you have more opportunity to think outside the box. I hope that's true, because I'm sick of putting up with a place where SP's dominate phys ed and SJ's dominate the brainy subjects. It might be a stereotype though idk, I've seen a lot of NJ's put up with high school, but then there's the fact that I'm NP. I guess I'll stand at the fact that sensors and judgers enjoy high school more than Ne users.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Nope, not for a Defense Attorney. There are schedules, in form of appointments, but YOU are the one making them, so you can really customize it how you want. You really should consider it, but first you should go to an actual defense attorney and see in how far this is actually true, since I'm not a 100% reliable source.
    You probably know the infamous INTJ-ENFP relationship pairing, right? The INTJ would be the prosecution, and the ENFP would be the defense.
    I understand why you thought it involved schedules that much, because it's like tnhat in the prosecution.
    Js would be worse defense attorneys because they couldn't handle people spontaneously coming into their office, and not having a planned salary.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Ask an ENFP
    By You in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 431
    Last Post: 08-03-2017, 10:38 AM
  2. Ask an ENFP anything
    By Lunar Light in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 08:00 AM
  3. [ENFP] Ask an ENFP
    By Raspberry_rain in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 12:50 PM
  4. [ENFP] Ask an ENFP.. For real!
    By HotpinkHeatwave in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 10:02 PM
  5. Ask an ENFP, get a flirty answer
    By Amargith in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO