User Tag List

123 Last

Default Type most likely to be racist

After looking at answers given on OkCupid, the following is how likely each type is to be racist:

Females
    Males
    ESTJ 14.16%
    ESTP 11.81%
    ESFJ 11.53%
    ISTJ 11.33%
    ISTP 10.83%
    ESFP 10.63%
    ISFJ 10.51%
    ENTJ 9.71%
    INTJ 8.98%
    ENTP 8.81%
    ISFP 8.64%
    INTP 8.04%
    ENFP 7.71%
    ENFJ 7.20%
    INFJ 7.04%
    INFP 6.26%
    ESTJ 18.55%
    ESFJ 18.38%
    ISTJ 18.32%
    ESTP 18.19%
    ISTP 16.42%
    ISFJ 16.35%
    ISFP 15.95%
    ENTJ 15.75%
    INTJ 15.18%
    ESFP 14.48%
    ENTP 13.68%
    INTP 13.41%
    ENFJ 13.07%
    INFJ 12.31%
    ENFP 12.11%
    INFP 10.78%

Straight and gay users were 1.88x more likely to be racist than bisexuals, males were 1.71x more likely to be racist than females, thinkers were 1.34x more likely to be racist that feelers, sensors were 1.29x more likely to be racist that intuitors, judgers were 1.13x more likely to be racist that perceivers, and extroverts were 1.01x more likely to be racist that introverts.

Sensors and thinkers had the highest likelihood of being racist (14.82% and 13.76%). Perceivers and feelers had the lowest (11.24% and 10.25%).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ok... but how did you type people and determine if they were racist?
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ok... but how did you type people and determine if they were racist?
    They (tens of thousands) stated their types, and I looked at how they answered certain questions.

A few of the questions:

- Would you consider dating someone who has vocalized a strong negative bias toward a certain race of people?
    - Is interracial marriage a bad idea?
    - Do you believe that there exists a statistical correlation between race and intelligence?
    - Are you racist?
    - If you were going to have a child, would you want the other parent to be of the same ethnicity as you?
    - Do you have a problem with racist jokes?
    - Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?
    - Should people of a particular race be allowed to adopt children of another race?
    - Do you use racial slurs when you are around friends or family whom you trust?
    - Is it acceptable for an older person to make a racial slur because the term was used commonly when they were young?
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

what's the type most likely to be typist?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Hard, 93JC, BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    - Would you consider dating someone who has vocalized a strong negative bias toward a certain race of people?
    - Do you believe that there exists a statistical correlation between race and intelligence?
    - Are you racist?
    - If you were going to have a child, would you want the other parent to be of the same ethnicity as you?
    - Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?
    - Should people of a particular race be allowed to adopt children of another race?
    - Is it acceptable for an older person to make a racial slur because the term was used commonly when they were young?
    These are actually pretty good questions to gauge it with imo, but my guess is that the types that scored lower on racism probably are more covertly racist than openly racist. Ran into an INFP on this forum using the word hermaphrodite in a mocking tone (not even just that, but as a way of making jokes about men who have more traditionally feminine qualities). Actually I had a debate with one of my closest friends IRL (who I believe is a clear ENFP but tested as INFP) because she didn't think it was racist for white people to use the N-word. Some people's oppressive viewpoints and prejudices are buried deeper, and they may not even know that their beliefs/actions can be harmful since they're usually coming from a position of greater privilege. So, even though it's probably already obvious, I think trying to scale levels of racism with type is interesting but not completely telling.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    what's the type most likely to be typist?
    @RandomINTP
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Hard, yama, Bush Did 9/11, BadOctopus, Ivy and 1 others liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    They (tens of thousands) stated their types, and I looked at how they answered certain questions.

A few of the questions:

- Are you racist?
    This is pretty fascinating and lines up with one of the first studies published by OkC on messaging response rates
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    These are actually pretty good questions to gauge it with imo, but my guess is that the types that scored lower on racism probably are more covertly racist than openly racist. Ran into an INFP on this forum using the word hermaphrodite in a mocking tone (not even just that, but as a way of making jokes about men who have more traditionally feminine qualities). Actually I had a debate with one of my closest friends IRL (who I believe is a clear ENFP but tested as INFP) because she didn't think it was racist for white people to use the N-word. Some people's oppressive viewpoints and prejudices are buried deeper, and they may not even know that their beliefs/actions can be harmful since they're usually coming from a position of greater privilege. So, even though it's probably already obvious, I think trying to scale levels of racism with type is interesting but not completely telling.

@RandomINTP
    Can you really blame me? The Top 3 Types in both men and women are SJs. (except for Females, #2, ESTP)
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Can you really blame me? The Top 3 Types in both men and women are SJs. (except for Females, #2, ESTP)
    Somehow it doesn't seem like racism and other forms of systematic oppression are big reasons you've used to justify your visceral hatred towards SJs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    This is pretty fascinating and lines up with one of the first studies published by OkC on messaging response rates
    "Blacks get fewer responses."
    "Whites respond by far the least to anyone."
    "White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else."
    "Men don’t write black women back."

Not surprised, but still disgusted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Somehow it doesn't seem like racism and other forms of systematic oppression are big reasons you've used to justify your visceral hatred towards SJs.
    My reason for hatred against SJs is their elitism. They bullied me daily for the sole reason that I was different. Might also be the kill-or-be-killed instinct still in their heads. BTW, I'm an Fe-Inferior and a slight 4.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

People -- not types -- bully people.

I've been bullied by NTs, SJs, SPs, and probably a few NFs. (Probably the worst bully I experienced in my life was my ESTP father, tbh.)

---

As far as the OP's table goes, is it really that significant a difference?

The spread on both, for men or women, is only 8%, and the huge majority of people of any type (80% or more of every type!) are not considered racist according to the questions that were asked.

It all kind of comes off as a petty blame game, honestly.

If we're looking at a particular type that was 25-30% or more racist than the next type, maybe that would seem more significant, but this? No, not really.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Chanaynay, Ivy, yama liked this post