User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

ESTJ's are likely to be racist

“Men with higher levels of hostile sexism describe themselves using adjectives associated with masculinity, i.e. physically strong, brave, sure of themselves, determined, admirable, etc” said Garaigordobil.

Study Suggests Some Kinds of Prejudice May Be Personality Trait | Psych Central News

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    They (tens of thousands) stated their types, and I looked at how they answered certain questions.

A few of the questions:

- Would you consider dating someone who has vocalized a strong negative bias toward a certain race of people?
    - Is interracial marriage a bad idea?
    - Do you believe that there exists a statistical correlation between race and intelligence?
    - Are you racist?
    - If you were going to have a child, would you want the other parent to be of the same ethnicity as you?
    - Do you have a problem with racist jokes?
    - Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?
    - Should people of a particular race be allowed to adopt children of another race?
    - Do you use racial slurs when you are around friends or family whom you trust?
    - Is it acceptable for an older person to make a racial slur because the term was used commonly when they were young?
    LMAO, those questions seem like pretty good indicators...lol Direct and to the point
    Im out, its been fun

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

In my opinion, NTs are the most racist of all types. It is covert, but it's there, with all their Darwinian leanings and what not.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    In my opinion, NTs are the most racist of all types. It is covert, but it's there, with all their Darwinian leanings and what not.
    Guess I'm an exception. It makes absolutely no sense in my mind to judge people based on something arbitrary and completely out of their control.

Besides, all races are equally inferior to robots.

MBTI
    INTP

Frankly this pretty much exactly is what I would have expected, for what that's worth. We know that S types are more likely to be conservative and traditionalist. They are also probably more plain-spoken about these issues and I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply more honest than the Ns. N types have a certain propensity for idealism in theory more than in practice. Unsurprisingly, it's even relatively easy for us to get idealistic about how MBTI types behave. Yes, it is possible that certain types may tend to be more racist, or have a lower IQ, or whatever. This isn't about feelings.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Guess I'm an exception. It makes absolutely no sense in my mind to judge people based on something arbitrary and completely out of their control.

I don't even know why I use concealer anymore.

ATTENTION TYPOLOGY CENTRAL POSTERS!

Your rob0tic overlords have reached a consensus with our superior rob0t-brains and will be labeling content deemed TOOL OF THE HUMANS. If a post you have submitted earns this label, here is the procedure you should follow...

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes BadOctopus, Ivy liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post

I agree. I should have prefaced my post with something along the lines of "playing along," etc. I find these stats put up by the OP quite ridiculous, to be honest.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Dopa View Post
    Frankly this pretty much exactly is what I would have expected, for what that's worth. We know that S types are more likely to be conservative and traditionalist. They are also probably more plain-spoken about these issues and I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply more honest than the Ns. N types have a certain propensity for idealism in theory more than in practice. Unsurprisingly, it's even relatively easy for us to get idealistic about how MBTI types behave. Yes, it is possible that certain types may tend to be more racist, or have a lower IQ, or whatever. This isn't about feelings.
    S types? You mean SJs? SPs seem like the anti tradition, too cool for school crowd. Of course I'm speaking in terms of horribly shallow steryotypes here, a language you seem to be most comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    Hey, you do tend to hear a lot of bullshit from "NTs" on the internet claiming that "their SJ oppressors are too closed-minded" and "humanity's outdated laws and customs are the fault of Feelers and NTs are gonna save us all with our forward-thinking mindsets" yada-yada-yada. From what I've seen, the trend seems to be that Ti-Creatives tend to harbor more "prejudiced" mindsets that are often attributed to Feelers. Remember, Ti can prune theories to be more consistent with themselves, but it also puts a user at risk of forms of Inductive reasoning that rationalize the entire world according to its own internal principles, internal principles that can't be disproven because they're about the way things are alledgedly supposed to be, not how they are according to empirical facts in the environment. If a theory isn't intrinsically impossible and you believe it, you can rationalize everything in one's environment to be explained by it.

So I could easily see some NT types with this mindset, especially with all these butthurt INTs who come on here claiming to be morally superior and brag about their Elliot Rodger-esque plans to put Feeling types into death camps.

On the other hand, ITJs, being Pi-dominant and Irrational, tend to be less grounded in their own inner systems of logic and more in their internal perceptions of reality -- a true INTJ wouldn't care much about the state of the world around him insomuch as an ITP.

DJA was a pretty good example of a Ti-Creative who was very susceptible to arbitrary biases with no apparent logical base, contrary to how many Ti-users claim to behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Your rob0tic overlords have reached a consensus with our superior rob0t-brains and will be labeling content deemed TOOL OF THE HUMANS. If a post you have submitted earns this label, here is the procedure you should follow...

LE MEME XXXXDDDDDD!!!!
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Your rob0tic overlords have reached a consensus with our superior rob0t-brains and will be labeling content deemed TOOL OF THE HUMANS.
    ONCE AGAIN WITHOUT EMOTION.