• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to quickly type people in the real world.

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
After reading this thread, I got even more interested in typing people on sight. Interested enough to decide to post this topic.

So, start off with primary functions. Once you discover a person's primary and secondary functions, the others fall into place. How do you decide what a person's primary function is? How do you tell the difference between the primary and the secondary, particularly when you are in situations where they are using their secondary function a lot? I know E and I are very simple, but what's the difference between Fi and Fe? etc . . . use lots of examples and anecdotes for us S types.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
take a paper, build an airplane out of it and then throw it against their head. If they complain they are propably not entp

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh Jesus. I'd love to help, and I have the capacity to do so, but I don't know if I'm up to it right now. :(

Maybe this is the kind of thing I'd handle better in a private conversation, instead of trying to lay it out all at once.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
dont tell him how to quickly type people, I already did.

Germany needs soldiers :)

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Get "The Art of Speedreading People" by Paul Tieger. He's a top type author and trains people to do this. Very carefully. It's really, really hard to type I's because their dominant is hidden. It's really hard to type E's because their auxiliary is hidden.

He's frequently hired as a consultant for jury selection...

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Get "The Art of Speedreading People" by Paul Tieger. He's a top type author and trains people to do this. Very carefully. It's really, really hard to type I's because their dominant is hidden. It's really hard to type E's because their auxiliary is hidden.

Jury selection based on type? how does that work?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Jury selection based on type? how does that work?

A feeler would be more likely to respond positively to an emotional argument, while a thinker would be more likely to respond positively to a logical argument.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm extremely good at reading people, but I only put their type into letters if necessary to relay to another person (or internet forum). That requires conscious thought.

Sling

MBTI Type
N358

Yeah. I've got this book on my FTP server if anybody wants it. PM for link.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
How much of the book is actually about "speed" reading and not general MBTI/other?