• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types have you had problems with irl?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
But ten thousand threads on "type my cat" and "What type is batman" don't?

Remove the stereotyping and generalisations and most would have little to say.

Why do you have problems with these threads? I have no problem when people are dicking around with the wrong sort of idea if it's all in harmless fun. I DO have a problem when people do this just to shit on others.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Why do you have problems with these threads? I have no problem when people are dicking around with the wrong sort of idea if it's all in harmless fun. I DO have a problem when people do this just to shit on others.

One tends to lead to the other. It follows the "bullshit in, bullshit out" system except that instead of it referring to a computer, it's someone's brain.

I always go back to the thunking in MBTI.
"All ENFPs are like all other ENFPs.
Some ENFPs are like some other ENFPs.
No ENFP is like another ENFP. "

The level of assumption and pure lack of thinking applied to typing some fictional character followed by the" Me too" brigade seems to only serve to make the ill educated more brazen instead of more attentive.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What types have you had problems with irl? What do you think was the cause of the issue? What types are most likely to not get along?
There are trends in type relationships, but no universal rules. For example: S/N communication breakdowns, Si/Se Fi/Fe etc. opposing JCF type communication breakdowns. I have found that the people I immediately "click" with, and the people who I have a very difficult understanding of, can be just about any type. It depends more on other factors.

ESTJs. They seem to make a conscious effort to care about all of the wrong shit and none of the right shit. They're the least substantial people alive. I find it impossible to take them seriously, too -- like if I pushed one of them really, really hard, all at once, somehow they'd back down or I could get right through them. I don't know.
1) Thanks, pal! :)

2) If you're constantly trying to push them and provoke them, then why would they want to talk about anything of substance with you? ESTJs care deeply about respect -- almost above all else -- and they see that sort of behavior as extremely disrespectful.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't provoke these types. They see me behaving in a way that's perfectly natural and they somehow feel threatened or skieved by it, as if the whole world belongs to them and it's their job to fix things that didn't ask to be fixed.

That's the trouble with people. They always insist on busting down doors, making everything abide by the same set of rules even if they're completely different things. No one ever just stays out of things like they should.
:shrug: Dunno what to tell you. Everyone's annoyed by different things.

Remind me of the part where this thread, in any form, pertained to site members who fell under a certain type as opposed to the type in general.
The type in general includes everyone who falls into that type category.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Isn't telling someone how they shouldn't behave basically the same as telling them how they should behave?

Cygnus

Isn't telling someone how they shouldn't behave basically the same as telling them how they should behave?

It's worse. If you tell them how they should behave, you're at least offering a solution -- telling them what not to do is like knocking down their building and then forbidding them to construct a new one.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's worse. If you tell them how they should behave, you're at least offering a solution -- telling them what not to do is like knocking down their building and then forbidding them to construct a new one.
But isn't that kind of what you're doing when you tell an ESTJ not to tell you what to do?

Crap, I'm so confused.

17300069.jpg

DreamBeliever

At college, I've had problems with an ESTJ, an INTJ, & 2 INFPs. I have no negative biases towards others from these experiences, though.

My best friends there, so far, have been an ESFP 6w7 & an ENFP 9w8 sx/so. I also have a good ENFJ friend & got along very good with an INFJ.

Just thought I'd share my own too.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
while reading this, ESTJ flashed through my head.
Oh, my, god. I can't describe my hatred to this type.
They're not just antisocial, but also usually not very bright.
For some reason, I have no problems with ENTJs, quite the opposite.

The other type I have problems with: ESFJ.
They're the opposite of me, so I won't explain.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Oddly enough, INTP. Two people coming up with definitions can be a complex environment if you want to emerge without a fight. Mind you, there's not that many of us... Certainly not to talk to!!!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oddly enough, INTP. Two people coming up with definitions can be a complex environment if you want to emerge without a fight. Mind you, there's not that many of us... Certainly not to talk to!!!
Your excessive use of exclamation points seems superfluous and... highly illogical.

á´…eparted

passages
while reading this, ESTJ flashed through my head.
Oh, my, god. I can't describe my hatred to this type.
They're not just antisocial, but also usually not very bright.
For some reason, I have no problems with ENTJs, quite the opposite.

You should talk to [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], and [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]. I suspect you'll have a more diverse opinion after that.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

One of my best friends is an INTP. He's very much my opposite, but he's one of my favorite people. What's really fun is every once and awhile when he Fe is showing. Under all our layers of differences we wrestle with a lot of the same things, we just express ourselves very differently.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
ESTP & more than a few ESTJ's off the top of my head.

Also NTP's.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I think the most negative relations across Myers-Briggs would be Superego, conflict relations, and supervision. I have to admit I have to compromise myself a lot with ESFJ's. I never actually got them to dislike me though or cause conflict but interaction with them is very difficult.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Without a doubt ESTP's followed closely by ISTP's. I see them as the 'enforcers' of Fe and by enforcers I mean more likely to engage in hand to hand combat :tongue10:. Strangely however, 2 irl friends have been ESTP's. Followed ESFJ's and ESTJ's.