User Tag List

First 1234 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    But ten thousand threads on "type my cat" and "What type is batman" don't?

Remove the stereotyping and generalisations and most would have little to say.
    Why do you have problems with these threads? I have no problem when people are dicking around with the wrong sort of idea if it's all in harmless fun. I DO have a problem when people do this just to shit on others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Why do you have problems with these threads? I have no problem when people are dicking around with the wrong sort of idea if it's all in harmless fun. I DO have a problem when people do this just to shit on others.
    One tends to lead to the other. It follows the "bullshit in, bullshit out" system except that instead of it referring to a computer, it's someone's brain.

I always go back to the thunking in MBTI.
    "All ENFPs are like all other ENFPs.
    Some ENFPs are like some other ENFPs.
    No ENFP is like another ENFP. "

The level of assumption and pure lack of thinking applied to typing some fictional character followed by the" Me too" brigade seems to only serve to make the ill educated more brazen instead of more attentive.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    [IMG]
    I'm not really sure how this comic is relevant unless it was directed at yourself for some reason.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    What types have you had problems with irl? What do you think was the cause of the issue? What types are most likely to not get along?
    There are trends in type relationships, but no universal rules. For example: S/N communication breakdowns, Si/Se Fi/Fe etc. opposing JCF type communication breakdowns. I have found that the people I immediately "click" with, and the people who I have a very difficult understanding of, can be just about any type. It depends more on other factors.

ESTJs. They seem to make a conscious effort to care about all of the wrong shit and none of the right shit. They're the least substantial people alive. I find it impossible to take them seriously, too -- like if I pushed one of them really, really hard, all at once, somehow they'd back down or I could get right through them. I don't know.
    1) Thanks, pal!

2) If you're constantly trying to push them and provoke them, then why would they want to talk about anything of substance with you? ESTJs care deeply about respect -- almost above all else -- and they see that sort of behavior as extremely disrespectful.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't provoke these types. They see me behaving in a way that's perfectly natural and they somehow feel threatened or skieved by it, as if the whole world belongs to them and it's their job to fix things that didn't ask to be fixed.

That's the trouble with people. They always insist on busting down doors, making everything abide by the same set of rules even if they're completely different things. No one ever just stays out of things like they should.
    Dunno what to tell you. Everyone's annoyed by different things.

Remind me of the part where this thread, in any form, pertained to site members who fell under a certain type as opposed to the type in general.
    The type in general includes everyone who falls into that type category.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Isn't telling someone how they shouldn't behave basically the same as telling them how they should behave?
    Likes SD45T-2, Chanaynay liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Isn't telling someone how they shouldn't behave basically the same as telling them how they should behave?
    It's worse. If you tell them how they should behave, you're at least offering a solution -- telling them what not to do is like knocking down their building and then forbidding them to construct a new one.
    Likes Video liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It's worse. If you tell them how they should behave, you're at least offering a solution -- telling them what not to do is like knocking down their building and then forbidding them to construct a new one.
    But isn't that kind of what you're doing when you tell an ESTJ not to tell you what to do?

Crap, I'm so confused.

Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

your resident asshole

wut

At college, I've had problems with an ESTJ, an INTJ, & 2 INFPs. I have no negative biases towards others from these experiences, though.

My best friends there, so far, have been an ESFP 6w7 & an ENFP 9w8 sx/so. I also have a good ENFJ friend & got along very good with an INFJ.

Just thought I'd share my own too.