• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question to the individuals that choose to conceal their MBTI type

Your reason to keep your MBTI type undisclosed

• I'm unsure of my type

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • The MBTI system doesn't seem to work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I grow tired of being a target for MBTI correction Nazi's

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm on a voyage to learn about my true type

• I'd rather keep it confidential

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I just came to watch and look around

• There's too many stereotypes on typing that I don't want to be a part of

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I have no type, I am who I am

• Other

• Total voters

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the longest time, before joining the forums, I've wondered why anyone would keep their type undisclosed. There's quite a portion of the forum that have either made changes or have chosen to stay anonymous from the get-go. I figure everyone has their own reasons to remain this way. It's been bugging me since... forever, and it would be great to get it off my chest. So what's your story?

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Good thread, I'd like to know too tbh :p

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Weird. I made a comment in this in this thread, but the thread didn't have a poll and now my comment doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps it was an accidental duplicate.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
first off, I didn't HIDE my type... I just didn't post it... there's a difference

secondly, I have several reasons for not caring to post it...

a. I'm still settling into myself as I age
b. whatever you put down someone's going to argue about it with you, as if they know you better than you do, which is super annoying
c. I don't think that one's type is a be all, end all description like some people seem to
d. stupid stereotypes that uneducated people have about types
e. IT'S NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS :thelook: it's NOT a required field, so you shouldn't expect someone to fill it out...

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
90% of the people who hide their type are sensors.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
or perhaps i got tired of having to defend my type every 3 posts, and people saying i'm a different type as an insult. and not being sure. and why is it your business? if you're judging people on here based off of that, congrats you are probably a typist. that being said, when your type is up you get treated very differently than when it isn't.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
90% of the people who hide their type are sensors.

it's not something I've tried to hide... sensor-ness that is... some members of this site make me quite proud of identifying that direction :2ar15:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I took my type down when I doubted my type. I liked the feeling of it not being displayed. I found myself mentioning my suspected type though a fair bit. Now my type is basically displayed again, simply because I felt like putting it up.

Weird. I made a comment in this in this thread, but the thread didn't have a poll and now my comment doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps it was an accidental duplicate.

Yes, I saw that. It was a duplicate thread indeed.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
first off, I didn't HIDE my type... I just didn't post it... there's a difference

I agree. Which is why I created this thread/poll to have a better understanding of those that chose this route.

or perhaps i got tired of having to defend my type every 3 posts, and people saying i'm a different type as an insult

There are many phony INFP's floating around, and you're not one of them. Although, I wouldn't point fingers to any who I believe aren't the real thing, as it is not in my right to assert my suspicion on others.

There's forum members in here (and I'm sure also in other personality forums) that live on this attitude that it's alright to warrant their correction on your type because this is what we all signed up for. Which is total BS.

You did. I apologize as it was a good post and I made the error of duplicating the thread when I added a poll.

Chthonic

I don't paste it all over my profile because....

It's not that important to me and not like it's one of the cool ones anyway. It's not as if I try and hide it, I've mentioned it in several threads. Typology is an inexact social science, I think my astrology birthchart explains me better. I'd much rather use that space in my profile for whimsical self expression.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

b. whatever you put down someone's going to argue about it with you, as if they know you better than you do, which is super annoying
c. I don't think that one's type is a be all, end all description like some people seem to
e. IT'S NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS :thelook: it's NOT a required field, so you shouldn't expect someone to fill it out...

I used to do the same for similar reasons, even the one I've got now isn't necessarily right. But it would be interesting to see how changing type changes others interactions on typology forums in a measured way, then again that could just be looked at as paranoia.

Its also been done to death as a subject too.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Some people sound so defensive...? When a simple question was asked in a non-threatening manner. :unsure:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Some people sound so defensive...? When a simple question was asked in a non-threatening manner. :unsure:

Projections! Agendas! You're triggering my trigger warning! Watch out, the glukkons are killing the Mudokans for profit. Everything is a conspiracy!

Jaguar

Just put INFP in your profile. I did that to fuck with someone who was whining about the same thing, years ago.

Cygnus

I'm too much of an unsentimental Machiavellian douche for ENFP and too much of a whiny bitch for ENTP. I don't relate to either one among the people who post here.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I list Enneagram because it fits pretty well, but I'm not represented well enough in the others to bother.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

iiop9.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

it wasn't the question it was the poll the fact you can only select 1 option and like 20 apply. she should've done a better job on the poll

Noon

I don't know. Part of it is I couldn't be bothered to yet and part of it is I'm not sure how far back into type I want to return. At this point I think the appeal of typology to me is that it simply remains a convenient common ground to think about & discuss things on, and outside of it this forum is just a pretty great place. Kind of like the forum is a regular forum where posters just happen to know about typology too.

LonestarCowgirl

I don't want to be misjudged [as being like other people of my type], so I keep it confidential; however, I've shared it with people that inquired privately.