• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question to the individuals that choose to conceal their MBTI type

Your reason to keep your MBTI type undisclosed

• I'm unsure of my type

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • The MBTI system doesn't seem to work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I grow tired of being a target for MBTI correction Nazi's

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm on a voyage to learn about my true type

• I'd rather keep it confidential

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I just came to watch and look around

• There's too many stereotypes on typing that I don't want to be a part of

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I have no type, I am who I am

• Other

• Total voters

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
it wasn't the question it was the poll the fact you can only select 1 option and like 20 apply. she should've done a better job on the poll

Understandable reason, but then why don't people just say that about the poll instead of getting so defensive. I don't even think the poll thing was mentioned up till your post here.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it wasn't the question it was the poll the fact you can only select 1 option and like 20 apply. she should've done a better job on the poll

You don't need a poll to express yourself in a forum. I thought it would be fun to run a statistic on those willing to participate. If poll's aren't for you, simply ignore it.

Some people sound so defensive...? When a simple question was asked in a non-threatening manner. :unsure:

People will find any way to justify their hostility/venting by undermining others, especially online (where they can get away with it), to make better their own image. It wouldn't matter if it's on the subject of MBTI or stamp collecting. All the cool kids know who they are.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You don't need a poll to express yourself in a forum. I thought it would be fun to run a statistic on those willing to participate. If poll's aren't for you, simply ignore it.

People will find any way to justify their hostility/venting by undermining others, especially online (where they can get away with it), to make better their own image. It wouldn't matter if it's on the subject of MBTI or stamp collecting. All the cool kids know who they are.

thanks for putting words in my mouth. I said the poll sucked because i generally like polls but you did not make it so multi selection is possible which is very important in this scenerio.

Lark

For the longest time, before joining the forums, I've wondered why anyone would keep their type undisclosed. There's quite a portion of the forum that have either made changes or have chosen to stay anonymous from the get-go. I figure everyone has their own reasons to remain this way. It's been bugging me since... forever, and it would be great to get it off my chest. So what's your story?

The more you disclose the more information the forum trolls have at their disposal.

Lark

it's not something I've tried to hide... sensor-ness that is... some members of this site make me quite proud of identifying that direction :2ar15:

I dont know why anyone would have a problem identifying that way, it is supposedly what made Sherlock Holmes the master detective, it was also what Jung supposed was the superior cognitive set to iNtuition but on this forum and other forums it has a bad reputation, sort of the concrete thinker who loathes abstract thinking or abstraction, in the short hand, of the arch conservative or "think with the blood" fascist variety.

In any case its just a term of rebuke or prejorative term on this forum.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I'll take this with a grain of salt. As I'm not the first or will be the last person you'll accuse of doing this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'll take this with a grain of salt. As I'm not the first or will be the last person you'll accuse of doing this.

then you should stop. you claimed that i hated polls which i never said therefor words in my mouth

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
then you should stop. you claimed that i hated polls which i never said therefor words in my mouth

I said:
You don't need a poll to express yourself in a forum. I thought it would be fun to run a statistic on those willing to participate. IF poll's aren't for you, simply ignore it.

keyword is "If"

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I said:

keyword is "If"

sounds like when people go backwards to change what they mean so they don't have to admit they're wrong. it's fine i'm done arguing i have better stuff to do.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
or perhaps i got tired of having to defend my type every 3 posts, and people saying i'm a different type as an insult..

b. whatever you put down someone's going to argue about it with you, as if they know you better than you do, which is super annoying.
Is this a common problem - having other members argue with you about your posted type? (Question is directed at anyone, not just the members quoted here.) I haven't had that happen, so would not have considered it an issue, but then I hesitate to generalize from my own experience.

LonestarCowgirl

Is this a common problem - having other members argue with you about your posted type? (Question is directed at anyone, not just the members quoted here.) I haven't had that happen, so would not have considered it an issue, but then I hesitate to generalize from my own experience.

When I posted my type, a couple of members approached and encroached, so I kindly told them to buzz off and they did.

Jaguar

It was so bad at one point, some people were getting temp-banned for it. Then there were the odd ducks who would meet people in person at meetups and then come back to the forum and bitch that they couldn't possibly be the type they claim to be. A friend of mine (ENTJ) was accused of being ISFJ since she didn't want to talk to many people at the meetup. Did it ever occur to some people that they were just plain boring and she didn't have anything to talk about with them? Of course not, that would be too easy.

wolfy

awsm
I think it looks better without it. I also don't think a single type captures me.

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I refused to post my true type once because I used to be one of those stereotypists and I linked Se/Si dom with lack of creativity or imagination, which isn't true, because mbti is based off of which information you trust more and the way you perceive things, not your ability to appreciate ideas or even come up with them. I think the mistake many people make is that since sensors trust facts over theory, they think that they will only be good at retaining facts rather than inventing. Sensors are still creative, they will just base their ideas off of fact and apply them to the here and now.