• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my "boss" an ENTJ?

black

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm currently working under a professor, in the chemistry department. He's the head of the department, is very good at managing people and mediating informations and knows how to get things done.

He usually gets his way with everyone, talks a lot about random stuff (to the point of being annoying to others) and sometimes he's bordering the molest, lol. When he thinks that someone is wronging him or challenging him, he gets relentless and cunning. For example, once he was fined a 1k bill because the car he rented had a broken glass. He explained that the glass was broken before he took the car but they didn't believe him. He started reading everything about the related laws, finding holes in the law and in the end he actually sued them and won the cause lol. They paid everything back plus some other money.

This other time a small company didn't want to continue the collaboration with the university, cutting funds. He took this as a challenge and focused all his personal resources on producing something that would have appealed them to invest again in the uni. He managed to make a patent for something and when the company showed interest again, he played hard to get. He made them pray to start again the collaboration and they had to increase the fundings.

Whenever he wants something, he gets it. He's very persuasive and good at "bartering": I give you this, you give me this. He also like his job. He personally requested the position of director. He told me that he actually likes managing people, it's funny to him. Despite his age (65), he sometimes acts childish and playful, even when the stakes are high.

Oh, and he's also good with money. He knows well how to manage them and save up money. Some people regard him as a "pig" because he was able to save up 2 times the money the previous director saved. In all of this, he's very kind and available with me (oh well, I directly work under him) but I can see how cunning he is when he wants something. Many in our department despise him, many consider him a jerk, but I only see a winner here. I can only admire him and when I asked to be taught, he was more than willing to share some secret in managin people.

Taking into account his strategic planning and people skills, I came to the conclusion he was an ENTJ but I don't know, could he be an INTJ or an ESTJ?

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ or ENTP. If you say he's "he's bordering the molest" and mean that he's sort of touchy feely with people, that's connected to Si and comfort generation (though with society's current culture, that would be considered sexual harassment).

In my experience, intuitive people touch others far less, and very likely not in a workplace.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ESTJ or ENTP. If you say he's "he's bordering the molest" and mean that he's sort of touchy feely with people, that's connected to Si and comfort generation (though with society's current culture, that would be considered sexual harassment).

In my experience, intuitive people touch others far less, and very likely not in a workplace.

Mmm idk if I would say touchy feeliness is necessarily Si. A couple xSTJs I know are not really touchy feely... Nor would I say intuitives touch far less from my experience.

But I agree with the suggestions of ESTJ/ENTP.

black

MBTI Type
INTJ
He's "molest" in the way that he makes very dirty jokes even in front of girls, not giving a shit about it. He's also something like 65-70. It wasn't meant literally. He doesn't touch anyone, if not the occasional pat on the shoulder and reassurance that you are doing good (His way of manipulating you, one of his tricks). He's very professional in his job, a master of administering and also a big mind in his field; when we were deciding what to do with my thesis, he was coming up with all kind of ideas to test many substances and then he implemented an optimal strategy to conduct the many tests within a month. It's just that he occasionally shares these "puns" with his subordinates. What amazed me the most is how cunning he gets when he wants something. If he wants it, he gets it no matter how much annoying he has to be and there is always this "trade/bartering" involved with him whenever you have to ask something out of him. He's always like "Okay, but if I give you this what do you give me in return?", but in a subtle way. He insinuates it and he confessed me that he actually enjoys when someone barters with him.