• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Supremacy

Cygnus

Only an abject idiot believes that all people are equal.

Humans do not clone. They mix genes when they reproduce, and they mix phenotypes as these genes are activated. Some people are born with certain genetic traits that affect their proneness to hair color, voice pitch, or whether a limb develops healthily or withers and dies. And some genes influence diseases. CJD. Failure of certain organs. Schizophrenia. And, most importantly, personality traits.

And in the same way you can be born with a shriveled limb, you can break your limb in your life experiences. Similarly, just as some personalities are created damaged or prone to damage, personalities can receive damage. Some damage to personality cannot be corrected.

And in the same way we do not expect a crippled man to climb a staircase, we do not expect someone with the personality type of an athlete to develop the first antimatter warhead in his basement. We can't expect an ESTP to behave like an INFP, or an ILE like ann ILI. Or an Enneagram 3 like an Enneagram 8.

No matter how much effort you put into a work, an ESFP in his prime will never be able to outperform an INFJ in his prime at an INFJ trade or skill. An Si-user cannot sustainably live an Se-favoring lifestyle. You will always be limited to the confines of your personality type.

At the same time, a Te-user cannot expect to succeed in even a Te-field if he depends solely on his talent while letting his effort falter. He may continue to outperform a slacking Ti-user in a Te-field, or even a striving, dedicated Fe-user in a Te-field, but there will always be other striving Te-users in this field putting in more effort and moving up past you.

So, whether cognitive functions are inborn or acquired, a person with an unfavorable, relatively useless cognitive function must still be expected to work as hard as one with a more useful cognitive function. He is a servant in the social structure, he will always be a servant, his greatest talents are in being a servant, and he will meet with destruction if he tries to be anything but a servant. He must learn to accept the fact that he is inferior.

And a person with a powerful function will still need to perform, or he will fall just as quickly.

So, the true danger involved in typology is that 1) the learner of typology will blame his failures on his functions, and give up, because his personality type is that of the servant, not the ruler, or 2) the learner of typology will fall to narcissism, he will deprive himself of future successes because he chooses to reap the moderate rewards of a useful cognitive function he uses indolently, rather than using it to its greatest potential and making the greatest contribution he possibly can.

However, while knowledge of bleak truth can lead to nihilism, it's often your only way to avoid destruction.
You will never learn your full potential without understanding typology. You will realize your weaknesses and your strengths, however much you hate them, but they are all you have to use. You must face your fears. You must realize you are worthless, you must realize you are a peon, you must realize that you are everything that you say you hate, and you must realize that you will always be a slave to your fears, as all good little animals are.

If you ignore the bleak truth revealed by typology, you will never understand why or how you failed in the past, and you will never get the fullest extent of an answer, you will never have a plan to rise and succeed. Know yourself, otherwise you will lose most of the battles you enter. Deny it all you want, but you are this type, you have the strengths and weaknesses of this type, it will affect everything you do, and it will be with you all your life.

Swallow your pride. You're worthless, no one loves you, you were born to be a mindless zombie slave and you're going to like it.

TopCatLSD

I despise the MBTI community, they're worthless-well atleast the ones you mentioned which happen to be the majority.

I know I'm an ISFP, but I don't let that silly four letter code decide who I am. I can go days if not weeks where I don't once think "Oh I can't believe I said that horrible thing; Well its okay I'm an ISFP after all!"

To me having pride in your 'Personality Type' is the same as having pride in your race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. its weak and pathetic. You should pride yourself in your accomplishments, and what you have done to better yourself and others.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not enough hate in this thread.

Please step up the bile quotient or we'll have to lock you in a pit with a horde of honey-covered warm fuzzy gerbils or something.

Jaguar

Sounds like Jerry Falwell bitching about teletubbies.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To me having pride in your 'Personality Type' is the same as having pride in your race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. its weak and pathetic. You should pride yourself in your accomplishments, and what you have done to better yourself and others.
I agree with this. It makes no sense to be proud of something you have no control over. Even if you're a "rare" type, like an INFJ, who cares? You're still not the only one, and it doesn't make you special.

Or I could just be in a bad mood today. I'm going to be thirty tomorrow. Ugh.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
This thread is unlikely to inspire anybody :(

No matter how much effort you put into a work, an ESFP in his prime will never be able to outperform an INFJ in his prime at an INFJ trade or skill. An Si-user cannot sustainably live an Se-favoring lifestyle. You will always be limited to the confines of your personality type.

Mozart was probably an ESTP; Beethoven was probably an INTP, and Bach was probably an ENTJ. Most certainly none of them were E4s. I make this point to show you that the stereotypes we have on the forum are untrue. Personality type is not actually that correlated to creative ability, and this is just one example I am familiar with.

To expand: while certain types may undoubtably be more suited to physical work, I do not think this is the case when one moves towards the abstract. It is a huge mistake to believe that you shouldn't pursue a passion because it's not expected for someone with your personality.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't think they are the same "type" of pride; I think it's good to have a healthy self-acceptance of the things you mention, rather than being ashamed of them. (So I think this is what is meant by the word "pride" there -- the opposite of feeling shame over what you are and had no control over.)

But as you say, I think it's more about what you do with who you are -- the things you fight for, the things you sacrifice for, the things you give, your strength of character (which transcends type).

Or I could just be in a bad mood today. I'm going to be thirty tomorrow. Ugh.

I'm sorry. Life does keep kicking us year after year when we're already down, doesn't it?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, one of these again. Pointing out that nobody is special is pretty tired.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

yup i mean it's true but saying that no one can over come challenges is complete bs that no one should try. you if you're not good at something or have some deficient you have less of a chance of succeeding, but just because someone or some test tells you can't shouldn't be the sole reason for not trying. or maybe i'm really fucking stupid. oh that's it i'm a complete moron.

TopCatLSD

I thought it was quiet refreshing actually.

People these days are to busy sucking each other off, instead of actually getting somewhere.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
How do you know what skills relate to what functions?

Do certain jobs really cater to certain Jungian personality types?

I ask for selfish reasons.

Cygnus

yup i mean it's true but saying that no one can over come challenges is complete bs that no one should try. you if you're not good at something or have some deficient you have less of a chance of succeeding, but just because someone or some test tells you can't shouldn't be the sole reason for not trying. or maybe i'm really fucking stupid. oh that's it i'm a complete moron.

I thought it was quiet refreshing actually.

People these days are to busy sucking each other off, instead of actually getting somewhere.

How do you know what skills relate to what functions?

Do certain jobs really cater to certain Jungian personality types?

I ask for selfish reasons.

It still feels like I explained this poorly, but types fall into Quadra based on the sets of cognitive functions they have. Your dual has all the traits that are too strong in you, but reversed. If you put your maximum effort into changing and developing as a person, the highest level of "type-change" you can ever achieve will be a resemblance to your dual. Even then, you can never leave your own quadra, no matter how hard you try.

If you are, for example, an ESTP, and you devote all your waking life to developing your weak Fe and Ni, you have a good enough chance of resembling an INFJ at the end of your life; if you're an Enneagram 3 and you put up a similar effort, you'll integrate into a 6 by the end of your life. But remember, integration and duality are like Nirvana: you can't just slap them around like your dick whenever you feel like it.
If he makes no effort to change, he'll just live his whole life being an stereotypical ESTP jerk.

And even then, you'll never have strong Si or Fi if you weren't born in a quadra that has them. Quadra are permanent. So a strong Ne-user might have trouble with using his Si, and he can work to overcome it, but he'll never have strong Se. In other words, all the INFPs in the world will always get beat up by ESTPs because society isn't properly separated into Quadra.

TL;DR: using Typology, you can trace about half of your life's problems to some sort of cognitive functions dissonance, but you can't fairly blame the functions for anything, or else nothing will change -- you have to find other members of your quadra and learn to develop your SuperId functions.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The O.P. is soo very achievement oriented. I don't relate and thus refuse to wallow in my own inadequacy.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only an abject idiot believes that all people are equal.

Humans do not clone. They mix genes when they reproduce, and they mix phenotypes as these genes are activated. Some people are born with certain genetic traits that affect their proneness to hair color, voice pitch, or whether a limb develops healthily or withers and dies. And some genes influence diseases. CJD. Failure of certain organs. Schizophrenia. And, most importantly, personality traits.

And in the same way you can be born with a shriveled limb, you can break your limb in your life experiences. Similarly, just as some personalities are created damaged or prone to damage, personalities can receive damage. Some damage to personality cannot be corrected.

And in the same way we do not expect a crippled man to climb a staircase, we do not expect someone with the personality type of an athlete to develop the first antimatter warhead in his basement. We can't expect an ESTP to behave like an INFP, or an ILE like ann ILI. Or an Enneagram 3 like an Enneagram 8.

At the same time, a Te-user cannot expect to succeed in even a Te-field if he depends solely on his talent while letting his effort falter. He may continue to outperform a slacking Ti-user in a Te-field, or even a striving, dedicated Fe-user in a Te-field, but there will always be other striving Te-users in this field putting in more effort and moving up past you.

So, whether cognitive functions are inborn or acquired, a person with an unfavorable, relatively useless cognitive function must still be expected to work as hard as one with a more useful cognitive function. He is a servant in the social structure, he will always be a servant, his greatest talents are in being a servant, and he will meet with destruction if he tries to be anything but a servant. He must learn to accept the fact that he is inferior.

And a person with a powerful function will still need to perform, or he will fall just as quickly.

So, the true danger involved in typology is that 1) the learner of typology will blame his failures on his functions, and give up, because his personality type is that of the servant, not the ruler, or 2) the learner of typology will fall to narcissism, he will deprive himself of future successes because he chooses to reap the moderate rewards of a useful cognitive function he uses indolently, rather than using it to its greatest potential and making the greatest contribution he possibly can.

However, while knowledge of bleak truth can lead to nihilism, it's often your only way to avoid destruction.
You will never learn your full potential without understanding typology. You will realize your weaknesses and your strengths, however much you hate them, but they are all you have to use. You must face your fears. You must realize you are worthless, you must realize you are a peon, you must realize that you are everything that you say you hate, and you must realize that you will always be a slave to your fears, as all good little animals are.

If you ignore the bleak truth revealed by typology, you will never understand why or how you failed in the past, and you will never get the fullest extent of an answer, you will never have a plan to rise and succeed. Know yourself, otherwise you will lose most of the battles you enter. Deny it all you want, but you are this type, you have the strengths and weaknesses of this type, it will affect everything you do, and it will be with you all your life.

Swallow your pride. You're worthless, no one loves you, you were born to be a mindless zombie slave and you're going to like it.

True. I guess we are worthless in some ways, but great in others. No one is unique. There are too many people in this world to be unique.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The O.P. is soo very achievement oriented. I don't relate and thus refuse to wallow in my own inadequacy.

It's not wallowing if it's constructive. It's true. We are all stupid worthless idiots who are selfish and mean and stupid. All that we want is for ourselves to be great, and not for others. It's hard not to wallow in inadequacy.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah. We are stupid in some ways, but smarter in others. It always sseems so stupid to me that people think that they're smarter than others, but in reality, we are all just smarter at different things.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
What evidence do you have that we are a certain type, or that we can't develop in functions we supposedly don't have in our quadra values?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aren't the quadras all about what we tend to value, rather than necessarily what we're good at? Take the LIE. He'll excel with his good ol' Te and Ni, but he values and seeks improvement in Se and Fi areas. He is said to not value, or even undervalue, Si and Fe. He may see those areas as annoying, grating, nagging, or inferior.

So dualization, to him, means improvement in Se and Fi. He values those qualities, but they don't come naturally to him.

But there's absolutely nothin' saying that he can't begin to see value in the others, though, right? Even though he's predisposed to not see that value?

So the first step is to recognize values outside of one's own quadra. Second is to develop the areas around those values.