• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Supremacy

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm pretty sure that without the "wonders" of typology I'd be aware that I'm awesome in emergency situations and have great tits :cool:

and no, you may NOT see them :nono:

the brain is a delightfully adaptable thing... quit short selling it to everyone... doing that just makes the insistor appear ignorant (and if that's not already a word, it totally should be... insistor, not ignorant...)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Only an abject idiot believes that all people are equal.

Only a narcissistic idiot doesent understand that

all-different-all-equal_en.png

That is until they intentionally do something to lose their worth as human being.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
"To rend one's enemies is to see them not as equals, but objects—hollow of spirit and meaning."

- 13th Understanding, 7th Book of Sorrow

- - - Updated - - -

What's this thread about?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really understand why I should be upset by OP's point. Yes, we're limited. No, we can't improve to the absolute highest possible ideal. We have limits. Humans have limits. So what? We decide individually what our limits are for ourselves, we strive for them, we achieve them or don't achieve them, and we set new limits, ad infinitum. We do the best we can. That's not just typology -- that's life, overall. That's the way humanity interacts with every ideology and worldview.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
QFT:

The O.P. is soo very achievement oriented. I don't relate and thus refuse to wallow in my own inadequacy.
Aren't the quadras all about what we tend to value, rather than necessarily what we're good at? Take the LIE. He'll excel with his good ol' Te and Ni, but he values and seeks improvement in Se and Fi areas. He is said to not value, or even undervalue, Si and Fe. He may see those areas as annoying, grating, nagging, or inferior.

So dualization, to him, means improvement in Se and Fi. He values those qualities, but they don't come naturally to him.

But there's absolutely nothin' saying that he can't begin to see value in the others, though, right? Even though he's predisposed to not see that value?

So the first step is to recognize values outside of one's own quadra. Second is to develop the areas around those values.
It is a huge mistake to believe that you shouldn't pursue a passion because it's not expected for someone with your personality.

Cygnus

"To rend one's enemies is to see them not as equals, but objects—hollow of spirit and meaning."

- 13th Understanding, 7th Book of Sorrow
Fun fact, I typed in "rend" in the search engine and nothing came up.

What's this thread about?

I started off with "You will never escape the weaknesses of your quadra; instead you must develop its strength, yet even this development will feel intensely difficult," but ended up ranting an incomprehensible shitstorm.

EJ explained it much better than I did:
I don't really understand why I should be upset by OP's point. Yes, we're limited. No, we can't improve to the absolute highest possible ideal. We have limits. Humans have limits. So what? We decide individually what our limits are for ourselves, we strive for them, we achieve them or don't achieve them, and we set new limits, ad infinitum. We do the best we can. That's not just typology -- that's life, overall. That's the way humanity interacts with every ideology and worldview.

The one caveat is that even developing your quadra-specific strengths will be unbearably painful at first, but you will suffer in the greater endgame if you try anything else. It's easy to mistake duality for a "perfect, easy relationship," but no lasting relationship can ever be forged without difficulty. High amounts of difficulty.

Chthonic

So some people made up a theory to explain why people appear both different and similar to each other and that now defines the capacity of every single individual on the planet? Yeah okay.....Typology has now reached the heights of being a universal absolute. No chance at all its an interesting but flawed theory, the product of the equally interesting but flawed human brain in it's capacity for understanding? No. Right oh.....

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I started off with "You will never escape the weaknesses of your quadra; instead you must develop its strength, yet even this development will feel intensely difficult," but ended up ranting an incomprehensible shitstorm.
A statement of opinion. Mine differs. Without challenge a person may stay in their "quadra" (hate that term) but life isn't like that.

To my mind you adapt and overcome. A man born with no legs may never walk as one who does but that doesn't stop him achieving similar things. You may say "ah yes but he'll always be a man without legs no matter how far he walks on his hands" but what are you really placing importance on other than compliance with a preset method of getting from a to b.

Lighten up. There's more than one way to toast bread.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh, one of these again. Pointing out that nobody is special is pretty tired.
I'm special. I'm very aware that I'm smarter than most..... I've always been special, cared for, groomed to be that "one", that leads, that's admired. I've been raised and socialized to discreetly dominate those around me. ;)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm special. I'm very aware that I'm smarter than most..... I've always been special, cared for, groomed to be that "one", that leads, that's admired. I've been raised and socialized to discreetly dominate those around me. ;)

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Tongue in cheek..... Regarding thread. I'm the smartest at being smart!!! Cheers. ;)