User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Supremacy

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm pretty sure that without the "wonders" of typology I'd be aware that I'm awesome in emergency situations and have great tits

and no, you may NOT see them

the brain is a delightfully adaptable thing... quit short selling it to everyone... doing that just makes the insistor appear ignorant (and if that's not already a word, it totally should be... insistor, not ignorant...)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Only an abject idiot believes that all people are equal.
    Only a narcissistic idiot doesent understand that

That is until they intentionally do something to lose their worth as human being.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

"To rend one's enemies is to see them not as equals, but objects—hollow of spirit and meaning."

- 13th Understanding, 7th Book of Sorrow

- - - Updated - - -

What's this thread about?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't really understand why I should be upset by OP's point. Yes, we're limited. No, we can't improve to the absolute highest possible ideal. We have limits. Humans have limits. So what? We decide individually what our limits are for ourselves, we strive for them, we achieve them or don't achieve them, and we set new limits, ad infinitum. We do the best we can. That's not just typology -- that's life, overall. That's the way humanity interacts with every ideology and worldview.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

QFT:

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The O.P. is soo very achievement oriented. I don't relate and thus refuse to wallow in my own inadequacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Aren't the quadras all about what we tend to value, rather than necessarily what we're good at? Take the LIE. He'll excel with his good ol' Te and Ni, but he values and seeks improvement in Se and Fi areas. He is said to not value, or even undervalue, Si and Fe. He may see those areas as annoying, grating, nagging, or inferior.

So dualization, to him, means improvement in Se and Fi. He values those qualities, but they don't come naturally to him.

But there's absolutely nothin' saying that he can't begin to see value in the others, though, right? Even though he's predisposed to not see that value?

So the first step is to recognize values outside of one's own quadra. Second is to develop the areas around those values.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    It is a huge mistake to believe that you shouldn't pursue a passion because it's not expected for someone with your personality.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    "To rend one's enemies is to see them not as equals, but objects—hollow of spirit and meaning."

- 13th Understanding, 7th Book of Sorrow
    Fun fact, I typed in "rend" in the search engine and nothing came up.

I started off with "You will never escape the weaknesses of your quadra; instead you must develop its strength, yet even this development will feel intensely difficult," but ended up ranting an incomprehensible shitstorm.

EJ explained it much better than I did:
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I don't really understand why I should be upset by OP's point. Yes, we're limited. No, we can't improve to the absolute highest possible ideal. We have limits. Humans have limits. So what? We decide individually what our limits are for ourselves, we strive for them, we achieve them or don't achieve them, and we set new limits, ad infinitum. We do the best we can. That's not just typology -- that's life, overall. That's the way humanity interacts with every ideology and worldview.
    The one caveat is that even developing your quadra-specific strengths will be unbearably painful at first, but you will suffer in the greater endgame if you try anything else. It's easy to mistake duality for a "perfect, easy relationship," but no lasting relationship can ever be forged without difficulty. High amounts of difficulty.

So some people made up a theory to explain why people appear both different and similar to each other and that now defines the capacity of every single individual on the planet? Yeah okay.....Typology has now reached the heights of being a universal absolute. No chance at all its an interesting but flawed theory, the product of the equally interesting but flawed human brain in it's capacity for understanding? No. Right oh.....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I started off with "You will never escape the weaknesses of your quadra; instead you must develop its strength, yet even this development will feel intensely difficult," but ended up ranting an incomprehensible shitstorm.
    A statement of opinion. Mine differs. Without challenge a person may stay in their "quadra" (hate that term) but life isn't like that.

To my mind you adapt and overcome. A man born with no legs may never walk as one who does but that doesn't stop him achieving similar things. You may say "ah yes but he'll always be a man without legs no matter how far he walks on his hands" but what are you really placing importance on other than compliance with a preset method of getting from a to b.

Lighten up. There's more than one way to toast bread.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    Whining.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne