• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best names for the types

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I've seen many different names assigned to the 16 myers-briggs types, some quite accurate and others not, and I thought it might be fun to host a discussion here about what the best name for each MBTI would be.

Here are the ones that I have settled for until better suggestions are made. (A couple of them are given side-notes like this to explain an unusual name choice).

ISTJ- The Stabilizer

ESTJ- The Soldier (perform their duties to perfection, masters of efficiency, shine in high-pressure situations)

ISFJ- The Caregiver

ESFJ- The Companion

ISTP- The Worker

ESTP- The Adventurer

ISFP- The Counselor (caring toward friends, enjoy showing other people how to navigate life, gentle and spiritual)

ESFP- The Inspirer

INTJ- The Scientist

ENTJ- The Executive

INFJ- The Artist (masters of imagery and symbolism, approach every task as a work of art, see the deeper meanings in things etc.)

ENFJ- The Diplomat

INTP- The Analyst

ENTP- The Revolutionary (instigators of change, dislike routine, always looking for a better way, etc.)

INFP- The Dreamer

ENFP- The Champion

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It sounds like each type has its own role to play in society. How fascinating that humans would be built like this. Each group having strengths that the other group lacks, and together forming a well functioning society. Whichever group you are in, you are in it for good, and you should play to your own strengths and accept your weaknesses. Someone else will have a different set of strenghts which almost perfectly complement yours.

Now, why would someone closed to new experiences enjoy adventuring?

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
It sounds like each type has its own role to play in society. How fascinating that humans would be built like this. Each group having strengths that the other group lacks, and together forming a well functioning society. Whichever group you are in, you are in it for good, and you should play to your own strengths and accept your weaknesses. Someone else will have a different set of strenghts which almost perfectly complement yours.

Now, why would someone closed to new experiences enjoy adventuring?

You know, I've always been struck by how well-contoured the MBTI types are to each other. That's an amazing subject that deserves a thread of its own.

While I don't think that the personalities play specific roles (not all ISTPs are manual laborers, for example), I DO think that these names are a good description of how each type approaches life, whatever path they choose to take.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
ISTJ- The Stabilizer Walking repository of information

ESTJ- The Soldier (perform their duties to perfection, masters of efficiency, shine in high-pressure situations)Drill Sergeant

ISTP- The Worker Craftman

ESTP- The Adventurer Salesman

ESFP- The Inspirer Comedian

INTJ- The Scientist Panda (Eats, shoots and leaves...ie may partake in dinner, tell you it was lacking in several areas but edible nonetheless and then strolls off)

ENTJ- The Executive Field Marshal (gives orders but rarely follows them).

ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)

INTP- The Analyst Engineer (fascinated by "why" and "how" things work and re-engineering them for other purposes)

ENTP- The Revolutionary (instigators of change, dislike routine, always looking for a better way, etc.) Smartass (tends to have an answer and a way out of anything)

ENFP- The Champion Reformer (tend not to slay their opponents but rather make them not an opponent any longer, also prone to deep thought before a decision)
Altered the above quote for a few which I believe are more accurate. I guess, having done that, I should have gone with INTP - Definer :)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think most female ISFPs are named Katie.[/deliberately missing the point] :D

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yeah... yeah that's a thing. When we're on a mission we can be a bit scary.

I didn't fail to take that into account.

My basis for this name is that ENFJs are masters of human relations/affairs, but that doesn't mean they're always nice. They sometimes go about it in forceful or aggressive ways.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sounds like some more keirseyesque labels

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I didn't fail to take that into account.

My basis for this name is that ENFJs are masters of human relations/affairs, but that doesn't mean they're always nice. They sometimes go about it in forceful or aggressive ways.

They are referred to in such a light on some type books but in my experience despite their talent for learning everyone's woes and sympathising with them they are more easily recognised by their crusading and self sacrificing (often done with ire) ways.