User Tag List

First 234

I do think the obsession with punctuality is a bit ridiculous, eps people who judge someone's worthiness as a friend/human being based off that. If I am hosting something or if we are meeting somewhere, and I know the other person tends to be 1/2 or 1hr late, I just take that into account, sometimes it's really relieving to know they aren't going to judge me either. If I had my way, punctuality (esp the kind where it is is down to 5 min) wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as it currently is.

However, unfortunately it seems to be a part of our culture, so you gotta learn to deal with it esp if you want to get/keep a job etc.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I am super anal about being on time, and I still get pissed if I am late for things. I've learned to relax about it though and only react when it is appropriate, and take an understanding from it and factor the reason for why someone is late.

I was much worse about it when I was a teenager. Once, when my mom was being late on purpose, I threw her purse out the front door of the house to compel her to go. She wasn't too pleased with that.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I am super anal about being on time, and I still get pissed if I am late for things. I've learned to relax about it though and only react when it is appropriate, and take an understanding from it and factor the reason for why someone is late.

I was much worse about it when I was a teenager. Once, when my mom was being late on purpose, I threw her purse out the front door of the house to compel her to go. She wasn't too pleased with that.
    Hahaha. Wow. If I did that, my mom would've grounded me for my entire teenage years. Yeah, I try to be on time, but I get annoyed if I'm too early or too late. If I am late, I just apologize and realize that I can't do anything about it and move on. As for the organization factor, I was never naturally organized. My room is somewhat messy, but not too bad. If I had time I would clean. I've actually become much more organized over the years, though. If you aren't naturally organized, does that mean you are a perceiver?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w0 sx
    Socionics
    duno

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    Why do you think the narrow box that is your point of view should be imposed on everyone else? What's the obsession with annoying others about lateness, grammar, and with interrupting them, as though they are idiots, then trying to force them to do what you want? What's the obsession with living in your delusions rather than reality? Why would you rather shit on the world than admit you're wrong? Why are you always getting in the way, annoying, insulting, making BS accusations, and forcing yourself onto others?
    Clearly someone shat in his morning coffee.

Personally i fail to see the difference between him spouting off at us, and our reputdated spouting off at the rest of the world. I dont think he realizes that the fact an intj is remarking, should be taken to signify our deepest concern for anothers' well-being. I mean, how can someone expect to succeed in life if they consistently refuse to engage in standard protocal?

Hell. Who am I kidding. Better mark me guilty as charged, then stfu and tell someone who cares. And someone pass the earphones please??
    Active, successful natures shun the dictum 'Know Thyself' and follow the commamdment 'Will Thyself' ~nietzsche

"Willing is the intj's evolutionary consequence of Knowing present and future as the everpresent livestream of yesterminute." ~reg~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Chickennugget View Post
    Hahaha. Wow. If I did that, my mom would've grounded me for my entire teenage years. Yeah, I try to be on time, but I get annoyed if I'm too early or too late. If I am late, I just apologize and realize that I can't do anything about it and move on. As for the organization factor, I was never naturally organized. My room is somewhat messy, but not too bad. If I had time I would clean. I've actually become much more organized over the years, though. If you aren't naturally organized, does that mean you are a perceiver?
    I think it's partially natural. The rest is a learned thing because there are always better ways to organize and your organizing needs change as well. None of the P's I know are naturally organized but some really work at it. I'm very organized but it's because I'm too lazy to take the time to look for things.

If I am late, I just apologize and realize that I can't do anything about it and move on.
    Ok this is incredibly annoying to hear. Yes you can do something about it - be on time. If you get somewhere 10 minutes early, you can't look at your phone or read a book for that time? Do you think about the people on the other end, the people you are arriving to meet with or work with, other appointments, whatever? If they told you they were sorry and there was nothing they could do about it, wouldn't that piss you off?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Some people give a crap about whether you're punctual, and others don't. For the sake of courtesy and respect, I default to acting as if they do. If they show that they're more loose, I'm down with that. I personally care more than some. I'm impatient like that.

On grammar, the whole point of language is communication. It's easier to communicate if you use syntax/wording/grammar that's halfway comprehensible. Being worried about syntax for its own sake, though, is just stick-up-the-ass pedantry.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics