• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If you were to create a personality test, what questions would you ask?

Cygnus

How you react to situations in terms of specifics, rather than general "worldviews" or "preferences."

Example: "Do you make decisions based on logic or emotion?" is a bad question. No human being to live hasn't used both of them.

"If someone laughs at you, throws rocks at your head, and insults you, how do you react?" is a good question. Reactions are telling of true personality.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How you react to situations in terms of specifics, rather than general "worldviews" or "preferences."

Example: "Do you make decisions based on logic or emotion?" is a bad question. No human being to live hasn't used both of them.

"If someone laughs at you, throws rocks at your head, and insults you, how do you react?" is a good question. Reactions are telling of true personality.
This is the language in which I understand personality.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I would create a test based on true cognitive functions, like the use of various brain regions and processes involving multiple brain regions. I would have to learn this first. It seems to make more sense to concern about real ability, rather than the linguistic generalisation of personality which typology is famous for.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I would make the questions as black-and-white as possible.

Examples:

"Are you overall..... A) Outgoing or B) Reserved?"

"Are you more interested in the...... A) Concrete (people and things) or B) Abstract (concepts and ideas)?"

"Is it more important for you to be..... A) Logical or B) Concerned?"

"Do you prefer to be..... A) Structured or B) Spontaneous?"

Will there still be mistypes? Of course. But I still think that a brief, ultra-precise questionnaire would save people a lot of confusion and time.

Alea_iacta_est

I think more use would come from framing questions in accordance to how a person views others' behaviors, perhaps allowing more insight into that person's semantic awareness of the information elements without having to go through pesky biases surrounding the self.

Example: Which best describes how you view people who are forceful and assertive, even physically intense by nature?

• [Proactive, Motivating, Enjoyable, etc.] +:Se: Super-Id
  • [Intrusive, Invasive, Uncomfortable, with Anxiety, etc.] +:Se: Super-Ego
  • [Friendly Competition, Like-Minded, Agreement, etc.] +:Se: Ego
  • [with Apathy, Simple-Minded, Slightly Off] +:Se: Id

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

This 100%. I use emotions and logic to make decisions depending on the scenario. And I'd really be hard-pressed to pick one I use over the other. No human being is a total robot or a blubbering pile of emotion.

Well, at least I'd hope they aren't...

Cygnus

"Are you overall..... A) Outgoing or B) Reserved?"

"Are you more interested in the...... A) Concrete (people and things) or B) Abstract (concepts and ideas)?"

"Is it more important for you to be..... A) Logical or B) Concerned?"

"Do you prefer to be..... A) Structured or B) Spontaneous?"

Abstractions like this breed the Forer Effect. People don't know themselves, but they know how they've behaved in the past. That said, some of the test should take into account other factors, such as mental illness, age, lifestyle, etc.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Abstractions like this breed the Forer Effect. People don't know themselves, but they know how they've behaved in the past. That said, some of the test should take into account other factors, such as mental illness, age, lifestyle, etc.

I understand what you mean. But if people want a mind-penetrating personality diagnosis, they should see a psychologist.

As far as MBTI is concerned, never add more complexity than you have to. It's just a simple, fun, common-sensical way for people to understand each other.