User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    my order (first three types) would probably be INFP>INFJ>ENFP

introverted intuition as a dominant wouldn't be as good as introverted feeling because it's not conscious. but it (Ni) does make connections and filter data to fit the internal standard, so much of the work is already done when Fe gets the data.

Fi doms, though, are driven by consciously judging whether data is good according to their own standard. Fi+Ne seems more direct than Ni+Fe. slightly.

then again, Fi's judge themselves on their own standard, so even if they're quite self aware, they aren't usually that aware of how others view them. if we defined self-awareness by seeing how close an individual's thoughts on themselves match what others think, INFJs would probably be 1st.
    Heh, I see what you are saying, and with an INFP it is usually hard to tell what they are thinking, but it is true from my perspective that the younger ones often don't seem to be very aware of what is happening to them or how their decisions will affect them. One example I have is a story told to me by an older INFP friend of mine. He said that when he was young he volunteered to join the army for 4 years, but after about 2-3 years he became a conscientious objector, and he finished his 4 four years that way. Now I understand that a lot of people are going to be surprised about how much they like the army when they join, but he went from one extreme to the other. I can't really imagine an INFJ making that kind of mistake. Instead I see an INFJ having a very accurate idea of whether they will like the army or not before they join.

This is just one example, but in general I observe INFP's are not aware of things that are happening to them. Instead they seem to be able to convince themselves of things that are not true. INFP's have this ability to build a false reality for themselves. Some choose to live there, and some don't. Either way though I wouldn't describe INFP's as the most self aware type overall. The IJ types as a whole are very aware of their strengths, weaknesses, desires, motivations and in general have a clear idea of what they want out of life. They may not have a good idea on how to accomplish their goals, but they know what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan
    I don't see why Introverted Perception has to be more vital to self awareness than Introverted Judgement does. All Si does is let you remember details and experiences. Ni just lets you imagine things.

Only Ti and Fi can let you have true/false and good/bad ideas of yourself. Ji is what let's you actually know what you believe, and what you are.(EDIT: Fe and Te actually let you know what you believe, too, but they are not concerned with the self.)
    I suppose it depends on if you subscribe to the idea that you are what you believe. I would say conscious beliefs are only one part of a person. Awareness of something in general does not come from judgement. It comes from perception. Judgement merely gives that awareness meaning (true/false or good/bad). EP types are the most aware of their environment. IJ types are the most aware of what they focus on, and this will include the self.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Is seeing your experiences, and seeing your imagination, really the same as seeing yourself?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Is seeing your experiences, and seeing your imagination, really the same as seeing yourself?
    To IJs, yes. It might be difficult for an IP to understand.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Guess for EP's that would mean that seeing something is real at all.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, if we are going to get that subjective, then every type is the most self-aware.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well, if we are going to get that subjective, then every type is the most self-aware.
    Then what, was that meant to be a rhetorical question?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

No that was the truth

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It wasn't a rhetorical question, I'm just saying your answer is too relative to be satisfying. Just because I'm asking an actual question doesn't remotely mean I have to like the answer I'm given.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

He speaks in mysteries
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFJ

It wasn't a rhetorical question, I'm just saying your answer is too relative to be satisfying. Just because I'm asking an actual question doesn't remotely mean I have to like the answer I'm given.
    It more depends on one's definition of self-awareness... it's such a vague term.

Most of what IJs do is perceive and respond. It doesn't really matter what they're perceiving, could be anything -- the stock market, the world outside a window, themselves -- and then they try to respond adequately. Because of this observation, they often learn how to manage themselves quite well. This could be considered awareness, as having an extensive knowledge of one's strengths, weaknesses, habits needs, wants, likes, dislikes, neuroses, etc.

IJs don't have the same sort of 'root' system that IPs have. Is this a prerequisite to self-awareness, as defined here?