User Tag List

First 56789 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh don't sell yourself short. Ni+Fe is first. Ne on the other hand does an extremely poor job of making one self aware. I speak from personal experience.
    You are TRIPPIN'!!!

Listen, I too, speak from personal experience, but I am telling you, from a self-aware, ENFP's standpoint, that Ne+Fi lead to and foster both self-awareness and empathy.

You, as an ENTP, who admittedly was/is not very self aware are essentially making bold and unfounded claims due to your ignorance.

I am very close friends with an ENTP and he is damn near absent of self-awareness, and this makes sense if you look at your cog. functions, Ne/Ti/Fe/Si.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ni + Fe is first?!?!?!?

On what basis are you founding that on?

Ne on the other hand does an extremely poor job of making one self aware. I speak from personal experience
    No, Ne + Ti does a horrible job at making one self-aware.

Have you ever even read an ENFP profile?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You are TRIPPIN'!!!

Listen, I too, speak from personal experience, but I am telling you, from a self-aware, ENFP's standpoint, that Ne+Fi lead to and foster both self-awareness and empathy.

You, as an ENTP, who admittedly was/is not very self aware are essentially making bold and unfounded claims due to your ignorance.

I am very close friends with an ENTP and he is damn near absent of self-awareness, and this makes sense if you look at your cog. functions, Ne/Ti/Fe/Si.
    So you are saying that by changing Ne+Ti to Ne+Fi, then you change someone from the least self-aware type to the most self-aware type? That doesn't make much sense at all. How can changing an auxiliary function put two types at the opposite ends of the spectrum?

Ni + Fe is first?!?!?!?

On what basis are you founding that on?
    Are you even reading my posts? I've said repeatedly that introverted perception is the most important factor in self-awareness.

Have you ever even read an ENFP profile?
    Yep. When I was first trying to type myself ENFP was a type I had to consider. It describes me almost as well as ENTP. The two types are very similar in fact.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Heh don't sell yourself short. Ni+Fe is first. Ne on the other hand does an extremely poor job of making one self aware. I speak from personal experience.
    my order (first three types) would probably be INFP>INFJ>ENFP

introverted intuition as a dominant wouldn't be as good as introverted feeling because it's not conscious. but it (Ni) does make connections and filter data to fit the internal standard, so much of the work is already done when Fe gets the data.

Fi doms, though, are driven by consciously judging whether data is good according to their own standard. Fi+Ne seems more direct than Ni+Fe. slightly.

then again, Fi's judge themselves on their own standard, so even if they're quite self aware, they aren't usually that aware of how others view them. if we defined self-awareness by seeing how close an individual's thoughts on themselves match what others think, INFJs would probably be 1st.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

So you are saying that by changing Ne+Ti to Ne+Fi, then you change someone from the least self-aware type to the most self-aware type? That doesn't make much sense at all. How can changing an auxiliary function put two types at the opposite ends of the spectrum?
    I have no idea what the "least" self-aware type happens to be.

But I do know, that Ne+Fi is DRAMATICALLY different than Ne+Ti

Going with your "logic", INFPs with their Fi+Ne would be incredibly similar to INTPs with their Ti+ Ne.

But alas, they are not.

ENFPs and INFPs are not similar to their ENTP and INTP counterparts!!!!

The differences inherent to those who have primary or secondary feeling function as opposed to those who have thinking ones is vast.

Are you even reading my posts? I've said repeatedly that introverted perception is the most important factor in self-awareness.
    You have never explained WHY!!!

Yep. When I was first trying to type myself ENFP was a type I had to consider. It describes me almost as well as ENTP. The two types are very similar in fact.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't see why Introverted Perception has to be more vital to self awareness than Introverted Judgement does. All Si does is let you remember details and experiences. Ni just lets you imagine things.

Only Ti and Fi can let you have true/false and good/bad ideas of yourself. Ji is what let's you actually know what you believe, and what you are.(EDIT: Fe and Te actually let you know what you believe, too, but they are not concerned with the self.)
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

Bluewing, help us out here.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Considering the way Ni works

I'm pretty sure an INTJ would have very little conscious knowledge of themselves (at least... in the same sense judging doms would), but would be good at figuring out and doing what keeps them happy.

As in, they may not be able to describe who they are, but with just a little observation, they're obviously acting in congruence to something, even though they're not entirely aware of it.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    my order (first three types) would probably be INFP>INFJ>ENFP

introverted intuition as a dominant wouldn't be as good as introverted feeling because it's not conscious. but it (Ni) does make connections and filter data to fit the internal standard, so much of the work is already done when Fe gets the data.

Fi doms, though, are driven by consciously judging whether data is good according to their own standard. Fi+Ne seems more direct than Ni+Fe. slightly.

then again, Fi's judge themselves on their own standard, so even if they're quite self aware, they aren't usually that aware of how others view them. if we defined self-awareness by seeing how close an individual's thoughts on themselves match what others think, INFJs would probably be 1st.
    Honestly, I want more ENFPs to join this discussion, because I think I might rip my hair out.

A.) I am *very* much an ENFP.

B.) My self-awareness has been a salient feature of mine that has contributed to my empathic nature and has ultimately shaped my VALUES of others and human beings in general.

Why do you think ENFPs are able to truly *connect* with people, friends and strangers alike?!??!?

Those that don't understand this "phenomenon" attribute it to being some type of superficial mirroring mechanism, but it is not, rather it is due to our ability to take someone in, as they are, and then by scanning our catalog of "universal self", we find a part of our self that identifies with what they are saying/feeling and where they are coming from.

Only when one truly knows/understands/accepts themselves can they attempt to know and understand other people.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I tried to avoid this thread. INTJ's (the Hawk) have got their talons going five a penny ... just does me in.

They are completely OK if they operate in the open sky, but when they start hovering they are dangerous. But if they engage their feeling, they turn into Pigeons.

Self aware: YES! Street-wise; NO!

Her father would emphasize you got to be more than street-wise but he practiced
    what he preached from the heart.
    A full-blooded Cherokee, he predicted to me the time and the place that
    the trouble would start.
    There's a babe in the arms of a woman in a rage
    And a longtime golden-haired stripper onstage
    Freud is 80% fraud, all except the E for Ego
    The difference between the Psi Cops (psychiatrists)
    and the Psi Corps (psychologists) is the R for Relationship.

Perseus

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Self aware: YES! Street-wise; NO!
    Actually, I think that's backwards. All mature INTJs I know are incredibly streetwise. I think they care so much about becoming streetwise because it's just something they really aspire to. INTJs HATE feeling like they've been fooled and taken advantage of. HATE it. Being streetwise is primarily about being nobody's fool. Young INTJs may not be streetwise because they are INXX types which puts them at a disadvantage. I think it's something they are driven to work on though as a result of their type. Te helps a lot there.