User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Are we basing self-awareness on how quickly someone becomes self-aware? Is a 16 year old INFP more self-aware than a 60 year old ESTJ? Are we talking about a type's natural proclivities towards self-awareness? Are we asking about certain functions aiding self-awareness more than others? Are there functions that have nothing to do with self-awareness? How does one become self-aware in the first place?

The most basic definition of self-awareness is conscious knowledge of ones own character, feelings, motives and desires. I am very hesitant to say that one type over another is naturally more self-aware because I think too many environmental factors can skew this. If I were forced to say which types are more naturally prone to desire self-awareness I'd say ISFPs or INFPs. If they achieve it is up in the air.
    I would define self awareness as awareness of all things dealing with knowledge of the self. It includes all of the following:

-Knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, and desires
    -Knowledge of one's strengths and limitations
    -Detailed knowledge of ones own likes and dislikes
    -Knowing when one is stressed and what the cause is.
    -Kinesthetic sense
    -Ability to know if one will like or dislike a situation before being put into it
    -Knowing what one wants out of life and actively pursuing it

Overall I'd say the types that excel most in these areas tend to be the IxxJ types.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Imo searching for answers is different to being self aware. In terms of searching INTJ do lots of that but I don't understand why self awareness, as in awareness of one's traits, feelings, and behaviour would relate to type.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Overall I'd say the types that excel most in these areas tend to be the IxxJ types.
    Agreed. Introversion in particular.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This thread is killing me.

Those who are the most emotionally intelligent will be the most inclined to exhibit and possess a strong sense of self-awareness. Those who posses marked empathic abilities so too must necessarily possess a keen sense of self.

Strong use/presence of both Ne + Fi, in my opinion, lead one to accurately understand themselves as both part of, and separate from a larger human picture. The Fi is responsible for our understanding our inner worlds separate from other people, carving within us our deep sense of self, consisting of our personally-held moral, emotional and behavioral values. My Fi is like my private core identity, a self that persists and resists any external or environmental change. My Fi has been with me since age three, it is the me within me, that which is constant, it is my identity.

Ne allows this Fi identity to theoretically explore new problems, like, what would I do if such and such were to happen, how would I act in this or that particular situation and it also allows one to explore other people's situations and the problems that they might face. Ne + Fi leads to empathy.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^ Ni+Fe is a close 2nd, too.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Makes perfect sense.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ

Then what does Ni+Te do?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Then what does Ni+Te do?
    well, nothing to do with what an INTJ considers important. that's Fi's job (Ni does it automatically, too, but it's unconscious).

Te just efficiently implements Ni's vision.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Heh don't sell yourself short. Ni+Fe is first. Ne on the other hand does an extremely poor job of making one self aware. I speak from personal experience.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Then what does Ni+Te do?
    Writing as someone who is Ni+Te and spent lots of time on this.

Mostly uses intuition plus logic to figure themselves out. Sometimes even charts it out or makes lists. Example: Monday night and Tuesday night I was in a bad mood, but Wednesday night I was in a good mood. What happened Monday and Tuesday, but not Wednesday.

Probably not nearly as effective as the N + F combinations. Tries to figure out their feelings and values, but it is harder because Fi is third.

Ilah