User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 105

  1. #21
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Yeah, um INTPs have a dormant Fe function.
    I don't think self-awareness requires too much emotional intelligence...are you telling me monks that make it there goal to be free from desire and emotion aren't self-aware?

  2. #22
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't think self-awareness requires too much emotional intelligence...
    Pssht, you are soooooooooooooo wrong buddy, sooooooooo wrong.

    Emotional intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #23
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Being a J gets in the way of self-awareness. INTP's and INFP's are the most self-aware.
    This is oblique generalization.

    How did you arrive at this conclusion?

  4. #24
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Pssht, you are soooooooooooooo wrong buddy, sooooooooo wrong.

    Emotional intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Being aware of your emotions is one thing, but being aware of your thoughts and actions is another. Locke describes self-awareness (self-consciousness as he put it) as the later.

  5. #25
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    This is oblique generalization.

    How did you arrive at this conclusion?
    J's can be closed minded in that they seek to close things off and have matters settled, and can be unsettled by a gray world. I believe open-mindedness and the mental tendency to open doors instead of close them is key to achieving self-awareness. Self-awareness also requires a grip on reality, which isn't in black and white but shades of gray.

  6. #26
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    J's can be closed minded in that they seek to close things off and have matters settled, and can be unsettled by a gray world. I believe open-mindedness and the mental tendency to open doors instead of close them is key to achieving self-awareness. Self-awareness also requires a grip on reality, which isn't in black and white but shades of gray.
    The argument can be pointed both ways.

    Your underlined point illustrates why a P shouldn't necessarily rule out a J on the basis of closure seeking behavior.

    More to the point, self-awareness seems an intimate creation, divorced from external standard. As such, the soil from which this understanding develops needn't be limited to predispositions concerning one's appreciation for finality.

  7. #27
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    The argument can be pointed both ways.

    Your underlined point illustrates why a P shouldn't necessarily rule out a J on the basis of closure seeking behavior.

    More to the point, self-awareness seems an intimate creation, divorced from external standard. As such, the soil from which this understanding develops needn't be limited to predispositions concerning one's appreciation for finality.
    I wouldn't rule out a J as possibly being self-aware, but I'd surely bet on a P being more likely to be self-aware compared to a J.

    Closed mindedness isn't the best way to go about self-awareness, one must be open.

  8. #28
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I wouldn't rule out a J as possibly being self-aware, but I'd surely bet on a P being more likely to be self-aware compared to a J.

    Closed mindedness isn't the best way to go about self-awareness, one must be open.
    To each his own.

    On a sidenote, I find the irony in your last statement to be quite amusing.

  9. #29
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    On a sidenote, I find the irony in your last statement to be quite amusing.
    yeah i know...didn't have any other way to put it.

  10. #30
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    No, see, if you go to INTPc you'll see there conclusive evidence through the course of many quality* threads that INTP's are actually the most enlightened, self-aware and all-round perfect people in the world and generally, the hope of the human race and saviours of us all.

    I might've put a bit of a wager on INFP's personally, though there is that tendency they often have to piss more people off through their unwillingness to say no to one person and cause more trouble and inconvenience that way than if they just said no/upset that one person. I cite my wonderful INFP friend whose entire life (and therefore those of her friends and anyone who has dealings with her) revolves around her headcase of a mother and her spoilt dogs.


    *quality comedy that is
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Is INTJ the most 'evil' type?
    By RaptorWizard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 03:20 PM
  2. Which type is the most self aware?
    By Paris34 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2014, 05:54 PM
  3. [ENFP] Are ENFPs the most sensual male personality type?
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM
  4. Which types are often the most animated?
    By IndyGhost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
  5. [ENTP] Are ENTPs the most likely type to cheat?
    By theplacesyoullgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 07:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO