User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by big sexy View Post
    I see people say stuff like this to justify Keirsey's temperaments, is there any actual reason to believe it?
    Dunno, maybe its just observation that keirsey and most likely other MBTI experts and amateurs have made. But so is the whole Jungs idea of dividing people and their most important mental functions affecting personality.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

I'm not the biggest fan of Socionics, but I'm a fan of how the system defines temperaments as IJ, IP, EJ, and EP. Puts a focus on subject/object and rational/irrational, which actually makes sense.

I think that a discussion would flow more naturally from that partitioning and. Since we're squeezing blood out of a human heart rather than out of a turnip, there's more talking and less speculating; and that could lead to less stereotyping.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of Socionics, but I'm a fan of how the system defines temperaments as IJ, IP, EJ, and EP. Puts a focus on subject/object and rational/irrational, which actually makes sense.

I think that a discussion would flow more naturally from that partitioning and. Since we're squeezing blood out of a human heart rather than out of a turnip, there's more talking and less speculating; and that could lead to less stereotyping.
    This. If just for the fact that I relate to other EJ types far more than I do with NF types. In experience, I'll sooner find more commonality and connection with an ESTJ than I will with an INFJ, and the latter is supposed to be more close in relation. Though I do relate to INFJs. I have very little relation to ENFPs.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

The four sections (I believe you're teaming them temorraments) are the easiest to describe and classify. The rest of someone's type fleshes out those crude stick men.

For example, NT, tends to ask "What for?". NJ has no real definition by itself other than the technical one. To say that an INTJ is similar in temperament to and ENFJ is to miss the point.

You must see the difference between SP and SJ? Sometimes it's like night and day. One sets up rules that the other blatantly ignores. The same with NT and Nf where one tends to think the other has something missing from them and tries to help at best or denigrate as a degenerate at worst.

I'm not supporting or decrying Keirsey but I wholly support any effort to break the stereotyping and assumption which runs rampant on this forum.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    The other thing to remember about Keirsey is that he is pretty distant from MBTI. At one point he even thought about dropping the E/I, N/S, T/F, J/P stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    IIRC he didn't use the MBTI codes in Please Understand Me I. This system was adopted in Please Understand Me II.
    And they were finally dropped in the last book, Personology.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas