• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I met an ISFP today, but thought she was INTJ.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How did I go so far off?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How did I go so far off?

You probably need to tell us that, especially if you want to make this an MBTI discussion. Otherwise, this is like casual chat.

What behaviors did you read as INTJ, and how did you figure out the person was ISFP?

(As a side note, the two types share functions: Se, Ni, Fi, Te)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You probably need to tell us that, especially if you want to make this an MBTI discussion. Otherwise, this is like casual chat.

What behaviors did you read as INTJ, and how did you figure out the person was ISFP?

(As a side note, the two types share functions: Se, Ni, Fi, Te)

She started talking about all of this deep analysis of all these different shows and books she read, and I interpreted this as Ni. She was a quirky girl and she talked in a sorta awkward way (I actually encounted her sketching the study hall scene in front of her from her corner. She has quite the eye for detail.

We talked for about an hour, with myself dominating the conversation (which is unusual, as I am usually more the listener.).

She then talked a bit about her experiences in a conservative Christian household, and how, though she is more liberal, and has trouble intellectually with Christianity, she feels a strong emotional pull towards Christianity.

We eventually started to talk about personality types, and how she has not heard much about it, but was interested. I got her to try the similar minds Jung test, which I feel is pretty accurate. She got ISFP. I mentioned how ISFP often has some cause they feel strongly about. She started crying and listing all of these examples from her friends who where homeschooled who dealt with educational neglect and all manners of abuse. I felt so bad for her, because she has all these feeling and has no idea on even how to begin to make things better. At that point, I brainstormed for her a few possible ways to further her ideals. I suggested we could have an on-campus event highlighting her concerns so that there was greater awareness of these issues. I got really excited talking about all the possible ways we could use this as leverage to end the educational neglect and increase protections for the children. She stopped crying and smiled slightly. I promised her I would help her, then left.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are both introverts within the same quadra (gamma).

(In socionics).

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
She started talking about all of this deep analysis of all these different shows and books she read, and I interpreted this as Ni. She was a quirky girl and she talked in a sorta awkward way (I actually encounted her sketching the study hall scene in front of her from her corner. She has quite the eye for detail.

We talked for about an hour, with myself dominating the conversation (which is unusual, as I am usually more the listener.).

She then talked a bit about her experiences in a conservative Christian household, and how, though she is more liberal, and has trouble intellectually with Christianity, she feels a strong emotional pull towards Christianity.

We eventually started to talk about personality types, and how she has not heard much about it, but was interested. I got her to try the similar minds Jung test, which I feel is pretty accurate. She got ISFP. I mentioned how ISFP often has some cause they feel strongly about. She started crying and listing all of these examples from her friends who where homeschooled who dealt with educational neglect and all manners of abuse. I felt so bad for her, because she has all these feeling and has no idea on even how to begin to make things better. At that point, I brainstormed for her a few possible ways to further her ideals. I suggested we could have an on-campus event highlighting her concerns so that there was greater awareness of these issues. I got really excited talking about all the possible ways we could use this as leverage to end the educational neglect and increase protections for the children. She stopped crying and smiled slightly. I promised her I would help her, then left.

Is this girl your type?

You talked for an entire hour and it sounds like she opened up to you.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty far, but Introverts can be harder to read. As much as INFJ's are called unicorns, it's ISFPs that really feel like they are magical woodland creatures. INFJ's feel like they're from distant stars.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're actually quite alike, ISFP/ESFP/ENTJ/INTJ all in the same quadra in socionics like others have mentioned which means they all have the same functions. You aren't terribly far off. Confusing her for an ISFJ would have been tremendously so.

Cygnus

Pretty far, but Introverts can be harder to read. As much as INFJ's are called unicorns, it's ISFPs that really feel like they are magical woodland creatures. INFJ's feel like they're from distant stars.
ESIs are hardasses more often than not, IME.

They're actually quite alike, ISFP/ESFP/ENTJ/INTJ all in the same quadra in socionics like others have mentioned which means they all have the same functions. You aren't terribly far off. Confusing her for an ISFJ would have been tremendously so.
I will love you forever for that quote alone.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESIs are hardasses more often than not, IME.

That's the horn. (had to translate, I don't speak socionics, the whole face-typing thing trips my B.S. alert)

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's the horn. (had to translate, I don't speak socionics, the whole face-typing thing trips my B.S. alert)

To be fair, something that only builds on something that already is established is bound to be a bit more extensive and demeaning skepticism only breeds ignorance.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be fair, something that only builds on something that already is established is bound to be a bit more extensive and demeaning skepticism only breeds ignorance.

I deal with systems every day. When applying them to real-world situations, the more complex and 'extensive' they get with regard to real-world complex information (people), the more you have to work at shoe-horning your expectations into it. Face reading is the equivalent to what we call in my industry as 'bad code smell'.

Code smell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In computer programming, code smell is any symptom in the source code of a program that possibly indicates a deeper problem. According to Fowler,[1] "a code smell is a surface indication that usually corresponds to a deeper problem in the system".

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I deal with systems every day. When applying them to real-world situations, the more complex and 'extensive' they get with regard to real-world complex information (people), the more you have to work at shoe-horning your expectations into it. Face reading is the equivalent to what we call in my industry as 'bad code smell'.

Code smell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fight me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
we got way off topic

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe you saw two different facets of a person's personality.. ?