User Tag List

12 Last

Default What function is this?

So what function is responsible for a tendency to make huge, sweeping, generalizing rules for everything on the spot? That sound like rules, but are really unintentionally exaggerated and trying to get across a correllation, relationship, point? Sounding really concrete and hyperbolic but intended to show a model?

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    So what function is responsible for a tendency to make huge, sweeping, generalizing rules for everything on the spot? That sound like rules, but are really unintentionally exaggerated and trying to get across a correllation, relationship, point? Sounding really concrete and hyperbolic but intended to show a model?
    I don't know, but let me know when you find out because it sounds a lot like mi padre.

So, you want to take a function and make a sweeping generalization about it on the spot. I'll get back to you on that.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I think that might be Ni throwing caution to the wind. Because no function operating properly would do that.

In real life, I've noticed that sometimes Se users do that when talking about abstract things. It might be inferior Ni talking through dominant Se. That's where you would get the concrete part, anyway.
    Formerly Lion4!5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    So, you want to take a function and make a sweeping generalization about it on the spot. I'll get back to you on that.
    Find me one constructive post by you in your entire history on this site and I'll take your word for it.

Find me one constructive post by you in your entire history on this site and I'll take your word for it.

No, I wanted a detailed analysis, one that accounts for all extenuating circumstances and includes all factors.

Also -- constructive doesn't mean only whining about something you find incompetent. It also includes offering a solution, which you have never done.

No, I wanted a detailed analysis, one that accounts for all extenuating circumstances and includes all factors.
    I want.
    I want.
    I want.

You are capable of doing some work on your own are you not? Then go do it. Trying to take every little behavior people exhibit and thinking it's a function means you are way off the mark. Accept the real possibility that you are exhibiting the very same behavior you're trying to blame on a function. So, rephrase your thread: What function is responsible for my own behavior of which I am completely oblivious? At least then it will be truthful.

I want.
    I want.
    I want.

You are capable of doing some work on your own are you not? Then go do it. Trying to take every little behavior people exhibit and thinking it's a function means you are way off the mark. Accept the real possibility that you are exhibiting the very same behavior you're trying to blame on a function. So, rephrase your thread: What function is responsible for my own behavior of which I am completely oblivious? At least then it will be truthful.
    The whole reason I attributed this behavior to a function in the first place is because I exhibit it. This is something I do and I'm trying to functionally explain it.

The whole reason I attributed this behavior to a function in the first place is because I exhibit it. This is something do and I'm trying to functionally explain it.
    Correction: Blame it.

Then you won't have to do anything about it. It's the function's fault!