User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    C'mon there are a small group of new members who want their self esteem boosted, naturally they don't like me and want to get rid of me.

On the other hand, I have learnt to think critically and I rather like it. I do recognise it is an acquired taste, and indeed critical thinking is a threat to self esteem, so I quite understand their dislike of me. But I don't wish to follow suit.

It is what it is.
    I'm one of the few people who thinks your posts serve a purpose. Seriously. I wish you'd change things up from time to time, but I get your deal. In short, I have no interest in seeing you blown out of here.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Awww Jag has gone and gotten all warm and fuzzy on us.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    The site is called "Typology Central". That's essentially its main focus. If you don't like typology, the most sensible course would be to leave.
    An equally respectable alternative would be to make an actual case for the limits, faults, or dangers of typological systems, which here have included more than MBTI for years. Then we all might learn something.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes asynartetic, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The thing is, most of the people here understand that typology is not strictly scientific, and that it is not infallible. Humans are too complex to categorize into just a handful of types.

For instance, MBTI seems to indicate that I, as an INTJ, should be a whiz at math. Nothing could be further from the truth. I suck at math. Always have. Does this mean that I am mis-typed? No, it just means that typology isn't perfect. Duh. It's an indicator, not a guaranteed predictor of how a person will behave.

It's an interesting, somewhat useful tool in understanding those whose thinking differs from our own. That's all. I'd venture to say that very few people here have a cult-like devotion to it, as Mole seems to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    An equally respectable alternative would be to make an actual case for the limits, faults, or dangers of typological systems, which here have included more than MBTI for years. Then we all might learn something.
    When I give a detailed history and analysis of mbti it invariably gets relegated to The Graveyard where it can't be read by most who come to Typology Central.

This is the behaviour of those who identify with mbti as an institution and so naturally they seek to protect the reputation of mbti.

And interestingly when I analyse the history of mbti the response is personal attacks on myself.

So when I impune the reputation of mbti, they impune my reputation in turn.

The intellect is not met by the intellect but by ad hominem attacks.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

When I give a detailed history and analysis of mbti it invariably gets relegated to The Graveyard where it can't be read by most who come to Typology Central.
    Because when you do, it is either off topic, hostile, or just factually wrong.

This is the behaviour of those who identify with mbti as an institution and so naturally they seek to protect the reputation of mbti.
    No, you just wish it to be this way because you have an axe to grind.

And interestingly when I analyse the history of mbti the response is personal attacks on myself.
    Yes, because you are often doing so in an patronizing, hostile, factually wrong, off topic, or mean spirited manner.

Yup, because you go about it poorly, and you know that that is exactly what you're doing. You're entire goal here is to cause discord, you've overtly said it multiple times. So really, you're complaining for the sake of complaining. Luckily, the vast majority of us see right on through it and you don't even get close to acheiving your little goals. Great isn't it?

There is no intellect, just people calling you out on your BS.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

For instance, MBTI seems to indicate that I, as an INTJ, should be a whiz at math. Nothing could be further from the truth. I suck at math. Always have.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Yes, because you are often doing so in an patronizing, hostile, factually wrong, off topic, or mean spirited manner.
    Just because Mole, Betty, Bob, or Mr. Wizard posts something you don't like doesn't give you (or anyone) the right to launch personal attacks. Attack the post. Attack the theory. Attack the premise. Not the person. Ironically, your post could easily generate a wave of personal attacks on Mole which could result in a spate of infractions being handed down. Is that what you want? Your post could easily be construed as an intent to get a bunch of people to gang up on him, and in turn, destabilize an entire forum. If you don't like his posts, you don't have to read them.

Alternatively, you can put him on your ignore list. Problem solved.
    Likes Mole liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Au contraire, mon frere! In at least three exchanges you and I have had here at TC about the MBTI, you're the one whose posts have represented an all-but-complete unwillingness on your part to "meet intellect with intellect" (as you put it).

Here's a post where I called you out on your uninformed MBTI horseshit — attacking your assertions, not your person — and you failed to meaningfully address any of the substance of my post or the sources I linked to.

Here's another example of me calling you out on another silly anti-MBTI claim of yours — and another example of you failing to meaningfully address the substance of my posts.

A-a-and here's more of the same: Mole spouts nonsense; reckful calls him out; Mole has no meaningful reply.

If you've ever posted anything remotely close to a reality-based "detailed history and analysis of MBTI," I sure haven't seen it. Perhaps you could link me.

PS: impune --> impugn
    Likes asynartetic, Hard, BadOctopus liked this post

The thing is, most of the people here understand that typology is not strictly scientific, and that it is not infallible. Humans are too complex to categorize into just a handful of types.

For instance, MBTI seems to indicate that I, as an INTJ, should be a whiz at math. Nothing could be further from the truth. I suck at math. Always have. Does this mean that I am mis-typed? No, it just means that typology isn't perfect. Duh. It's an indicator, not a guaranteed predictor of how a person will behave.

It's an interesting, somewhat useful tool in understanding those whose thinking differs from our own. That's all. I'd venture to say that very few people here have a cult-like devotion to it, as Mole seems to think.
    A lot of the misconceptions about NTs being math whizzes also derive from the Keirsey school of thought. Any NT lacking perfect math skills or who didn't receive straight A's (or whatever grading system they follow in their country) during their education might read those type descriptions and find it impossible to relate.