User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 51

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    1. Find a mole.

    2. Learn to emulate the mole's one track mind and tunnel vision, and follow him into his dark, constricted little burrow.

    3. Savor your newfound freedom.
    Whose side are you even on?

  2. #12
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default The Escape Committee

    Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    So how do you propose we get out? :p
    I have referred the matter to our Escape Committee. And although I am not at liberty to reveal the names of the members of the Committee, nor am I at liberty to reveal operational matters, I can give an overview of strategy.

    The strategy of the Escape Committee is a two pronged attack. The first is reason and the second is trance.

    Some members of the Committee favour reason, but other members say that what is believed without reason can't be defeated with reason, but rather the cult members are entranced by mbti, and the only way to defeat a trance is with another trance.

    And of course there are those members who think we need both reason and trance to escape. So for political and diplomatic reasons the Escape Committee has settled on a two pronged attack of reason and trance.

    We wish them God speed.
    Likes BlackDog liked this post

  3. #13
    good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I have referred the matter to our Escape Committee. And although I am not at liberty to reveal the names of the members of the Committee, nor am I at liberty to reveal operational matters, I can give an overview of strategy.

    The strategy of the Escape Committee is a two pronged attack. The first is reason and the second is trance.

    Some members of the Committee favour reason, but other members say that what is believed without reason can't be defeated with reason, but rather the cult members are entranced by mbti, and the only way to defeat a trance is with another trance.

    And of course there are those members who think we need both reason and trance to escape. So for political and diplomatic reasons the Escape Committee has settled on a two pronged attack of reason and trance.

    We wish them God speed.
    My heart goes out to those faithful members of the committee. There has never been a greater cause, please work hard and find the solution to our dire position.

  4. #14
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    He has a very good point. Type is a self-reinforcing view of the world, if you learn enough about it. It is mostly immune to refutation because it can always be corrected from within its own terms by reinterpreting the data; in other words "I was mistyped" or "He was mistyped" or "I made this prediction based on the x x functional loop, but I didn't realize this other factor was more important".

    Reinterpreting data is unscientific, more akin to a religious cult than a serious field for study.

    I think a broader knowledge of psychology besides just Jungian cognitive functions, and also a willingness to look at what is actually happening around you are good correctives to this trap. The framework is still useful as long as we can acknowledge the limitations.
    Formerly Lion4!5
    Likes Cellmold, Eilonwy liked this post

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Mole's persistent derails and threads to directly smear typology are what killed this site.
    Likes Hard liked this post

  6. #16
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    He has a very good point. Type is a self-reinforcing view of the world, if you learn enough about it. It is mostly immune to refutation because it can always be corrected from within its own terms by reinterpreting the data; in other words "I was mistyped" or "He was mistyped" or "I made this prediction based on the x x functional loop, but I didn't realize this other factor was more important".

    Reinterpreting data is unscientific, more akin to a religious cult than a serious field for study.

    I think a broader knowledge of psychology besides just Jungian cognitive functions, and also a willingness to look at what is actually happening around you are good correctives to this trap. The framework is still useful as long as we can acknowledge the limitations.
    Yes, mbti is like a religion in that as you say, it is immune from refutation because it is always corrected from within in its own terms.

    This is precisely the way religion defends itself using self referential logic, and in the same way religion accounts for other religions and dismisses them.

    And interestingly Central practices a subtle form of censorship lest mbti be revealed as an emperor with no clothes.

  7. #17
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Mole's persistent derails and threads to directly smear typology are what killed this site.
    Is that really your opinion?
    Formerly Lion4!5

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Is that really your opinion?
    I believe he contributed considerably to it.


    His whole purpose of being on this site is to slander typology. We can't ban him because he hasn't broken any rules, but he's behaving in a way directly antithetical to the very reason for this site's existence. Meanwhile, productive people like @Azure Flame/DJ Arendee, who made massive contributions to our understanding of typology, keep getting banned because they do violate the rules even though they were doing more to help the community than anyone else.







    This is why Te is bullshit and can never be relied upon.

  9. #19
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default Cock Robin and Typology Central

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Mole's persistent derails and threads to directly smear typology are what killed this site.
    Who killed Cock Robin? Who killed Typology Central?

    It was Mole! Black furred, black hearted Mole.

    See -

    Who killed Cock Robin?I, said the Mole,with my bow and arrow,I killed Cock Robin.

    Who saw him die?I, said the Fly,with my little eye,I saw him die.

    Who caught his blood?I, said the Fish,with my little dish,I caught his blood.

    Who'll make the shroud?I, said the Beetle,with my thread and needle,I'll make the shroud.

    Who'll dig his grave?I, said the Owl,with my little trowel,I'll dig his grave.

    Who'll be the parson?I, said the Rook,with my little book,I'll be the parson.

    Who'll be the clerk?I, said the Lark,if it's not in the dark,I'll be the clerk.

    Who'll carry the link?I, said the Linnet,I'll fetch it in a minute,I'll carry the link.

    Who'll be chief mourner?I, said the Dove,I mourn for my love,I'll be chief mourner.

    Who'll carry the coffin?I, said the Kite,if it's not through the night,I'll carry the coffin.

    Who'll bear the pall?We, said the Wren,both the cock and the hen,We'll bear the pall.

    Who'll sing a psalm?I, said the Thrush,as she sat on a bush,I'll sing a psalm.

    Who'll toll the bell?I said the Bull,because I can pull,I'll toll the bell.

    All the birds of the airfell a-sighing and a-sobbing,when they heard the bell tollfor poor Cock Robin.**


    ** The death of a robin by an arrow is depicted in a 15th-century stained glass window at Buckland Rectory, Gloucestershire.

    And a number of theories have been advanced to explain the meaning of the rhyme:

    The rhyme records a mythological event, such as the death of the god Balder from Norse mythology, or the ritual sacrifice of a king figure, as proposed by early folklorists as in the 'Cutty Wren' theory of a 'pagan survival'.

    It is a parody of the death of William Rufus, who was killed by an arrow in the New Forest (Hampshire) in 1100.

    The rhyme is connected with the fall of Robert Walpole's government in 1742, since Robin is a diminutive form of Robert and the first printing is close to the time of the events mentioned.

    The rhyme is associated with Robin Hood.

    And now the rhyme is a parody of the killing of Typology Central by Black Mole in 2015.
    Likes BlackDog liked this post

  10. #20
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    I believe he contributed considerably to it.


    His whole purpose of being on this site is to slander typology. We can't ban him because he hasn't broken any rules, but he's behaving in a way directly antithetical to the very reason for this site's existence. Meanwhile, productive people like @Azure Flame/DJ Arendee, who made massive contributions to our understanding of typology, keep getting banned because they do violate the rules even though they were doing more to help the community than anyone else.







    This is why Te is bullshit and can never be relied upon.
    DJArendee left typology for good. Have you seen his last video?

    He would have left soon anyway; no one makes videos for more than two years consecutive, and he was by far the longest running. But I see the larger point; he was one of the best if not the best contributor on YouTube, and he generated genuinely new material which was sometimes accurate.

    I like Mole, though. I don't agree with his project, but you can't dislike someone who came up with that Cock Robin post.

    Te ensures fairness and free exchange of information within the rules.
    Formerly Lion4!5

Similar Threads

  1. The psychology of forum and online dynamics
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 05:45 PM
  2. The Psychology of Blink
    By Salomé in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 08:29 PM
  3. The psychology of choice for President
    By LostInNerSpace in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 07:04 AM
  4. Heuristics and Biases:The Psychology of Intuitive Judgment
    By ygolo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 02:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO