User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you "need things to hate"?

22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fe dom - yes

2 9.09%
  • Fe dom - no

0 0%
  • Fi dom - yes

2 9.09%
  • Fi dom - no

3 13.64%
  • Te dom - yes

0 0%
  • Te dom - no

1 4.55%
  • Ti dom - yes

0 0%
  • Ti dom - no

5 22.73%
  • Ne dom - yes

0 0%
  • Ne dom - no

3 13.64%
  • Ni dom - yes

0 0%
  • Ni dom - no

6 27.27%
  • Se dom - yes

0 0%
  • Se dom - no

0 0%
  • Si dom - yes

0 0%
  • Si dom - no

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Need To Hate

5w4 sx

Hate sort of includes lack of understanding(and/or unwillingness to understand). With understanding it would merely be a disagreement about some moral or what ever issue and with the understanding you would also understand why the other person disagrees with you and you would merely see him as a victim of lack of knowledge, improper upbringing or what ever. I try to seek and spread understanding instead of hating.. Hate is blind and i prefer to see and get others to see as well.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

Yeah, I try to be like no, but yeah I do.
    by @magpie

Not at all.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I don't really relate to this, but I do have a lot of things to complain about.
    This more than actually hating anything.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I cultivate an indifference rather than hatreds.

Which includes being indifferent to whether or not certain persons draw breath. Or a further three generations of their line. As the clan feuds used to go
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Hard you should have put CP 6s in that list and we would have gotten a winner.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

I don't really like hating things (I feel like I've lost control of myself), nor do I usually hate them. Even people I realize I dislike, I don't hate them; and if they needed my help and/or there is a situation where the reasons for dislike were not applicable or their demeanor changed, I find that I naturally change to accommodate. [Yeah, that wonderful "mirroring" behavior thing.]

Negative energy drains me (and even too much positive energy can do the same), I like to be in a more neutral position. I'd also rather see potential in something and explore it.

But that's very much my "type" -- looking for equanimity.

I think if you're a type of person that feels the need to believe in things, make them happen, right wrongs, fix injustices, avenge the fallen, etc., you might feel like you "hate" far more and you find yourself looking for those kinds of scenarios into which you can leap. The Pop Hero version of "William Wallace" was a "hater," at least if you did not agree with his values.

EDIT: As for me, "My hate... will die... with brussel sprouts." *

*"And beets. And cauliflower. And cat pictures in funny outfits."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

4w5 sp/sx

I rarely hate. When I do hate it's, stereotypically, how unideal the world can be or my personal failures. I can see direct correlation in my lack of hate to my function order and my enneatype. As a function of always being focused on the big picture (Ne), an empathetic understanding on why people do what they do (Fi), and how important it is for me not to close my eyes to ugly things (E4), I feel that hatred is too much of an indulgence. I also feel that denying impulsive and circumstantial emotional drives makes me stronger (sp/sx) and detracts the focus from doing things to reacting to things.

173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Hard you should have put CP 6s in that list and we would have gotten a winner.
    Huh. Interesting.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned Array

After some thought: I do experience anger, resentment, and even hate.
    • When it's merely anger, it's usually on a personal level: My reaction to hurt, harm or sympathy towards someone else's, and I usually get angry at the behavior itself, not the person. Many people take it as a personal insult, but to me that is completely counter intuitive. Anger to me is like a hammer. It attempts to mold, to change the environment. It is the primal instinct to try to intimidate the problems away, but taken to a higher level. If the person just had no choice but expressing the behavior, there is no point in trying to "hammer" my anger at them. As counter intuitive as it might seem to others, anger requires faith in people, to believe that they are capable of choice and generally have good intentions.
    • When it's resentment, it's usually on a higher level of abstraction: I am reading into the "game" of the dynamic I find myself to be part of, I see how inter-personal dynamics and systems emerge with various roles and how the people within it develop perspectives within those roles, and the more anger I find myself experiencing while playing it, the more I feel like I am playing a loosing hand. It's a combination of hurt & anger intertwined with a sense of helplessness, feeling lonely in having to deal with the hand your dealt with in the particular dynamic.
    • For that resentment to become loathsome personal hate towards someone, the other side needs to be self-righteous about it, either justifying themselves or refusing to acknowledge the perspective in which the behavior has had negative aspects to it, even after I try explaining the problem in the dynamic. Remember - the core reason for anger is hurt, either personal or sympathetic. So if someone justifies there behavior that caused it, then they are essentially communicating to me, "I was right to cause the harm, I had my reasons, and you can expect more such harm from me in the future, whenever I might have more reasons". To me, that expectation is the building block of hate. You become preoccupied with it because whenever they have an impact to make in your life or a role to play, directly or indirectly, you have to be on your toes, expecting more harm to come from them at any moment.

I don't think it would be fair to say I seek or need hate - hate is a failure. I am also not sure if anger, hate and resentment mean the same things to you as they do to me.
    Likes EJCC liked this post