• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Introverts Energized By Solitude?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not sure I'd use the word "energized". It's more like a de-stressor, or a chance to deflate a bit. It's more that when I'm around a lot of people I'm on "high-alert", and getting some time to myself lets me relax and just... be myself.

It doesn't apply to all situations - when I'm around a small number of friends and can stay pretty quiet, I do okay, chatting one-on-one I do fine, and in public places like on a bus or when I'm "on task", and can focus on what I'm doing and not anyone around me, I'm fine. But put me in any sort of high-energy social-type situation with lots of people around, and I burn out very quickly, get anxious, and start looking for an exit.

Being mentally relaxed doesn't mean that you have no energy. On the contrary, it is when I'm feeling the most relaxed that I have the most mental energy. If a situation makes me anxious, it will inevitably drain my mental and physical energy.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Trin... I'm guessing it's kind of like exercise.

Feels nice, but you need to give your muscles time to recover.

yes!!. solitude is like stepping into a hot tub after exercise for me. relaxing physically and gives me a great chance to just sit an think.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'd say socializing can be highly stimulating but the stimulation exahusts me and then I desperately need time alone.

I cant relate that to introvertism. Cause there are social gatherings that drain the energy out of me aswell.

Guess that is more a "what-kind-of-people-you-hang-around-wth" thing.

entropie has a look around... I feel drained...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can I fight pirates with you (with the intention of marrying one later)? :)

Oooh absolutely. I love fighting pirates! I'm not adverse to marrying one either though so we're sweet.

Trin... I'm guessing it's kind of like exercise.

Feels nice, but you need to give your muscles time to recover.

I find if I spend too much time on my own I become withdrawn, being around others helps keep things light and enjoyable... then I need to recover, yup, kinda like social exercise.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The most important fact with introverts is, the really important things, they never hear xD

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oooh absolutely. I love fighting pirates! I'm not adverse to marrying one either though so we're sweet.

*zen chimes*

I find if I spend too much time on my own I become withdrawn, being around others helps keep things light and enjoyable... then I need to recover, yup, kinda like social exercise.

I seek out people sometimes, but then I don't speak to them. I just like being near the human energy. I have to have a lot of private time to feel even remotely able to confront the external world. My Se is a very weak leg.

heart

heart on fire
The most important fact with introverts is, the really important things, they never hear xD

Like what? :huh: Can you be specific?

I cant relate that to introvertism. Cause there are social gatherings that drain the energy out of me aswell.

Guess that is more a "what-kind-of-people-you-hang-around-wth" thing.

entropie has a look around... I feel drained...

The only person whose company doesn't drain me is husband, but if he's into a super Fe rant type period, he'll drain me too and I'll irritate him when I am into a hyper Ne period. But other than that, even if I enjoy the people's company very much, there's only so much I can take.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Just how many beers have you had, Entropie? *laughs* Tie this man to a chair! We shall go through his pockets!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Kind like this:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You sure it wasnt eSfJ you tested ? xD

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kind like this:

I think the difference is I v E in terms of MBTI is how we perceive the world. Traditional introversion and extraversion is different, an I in terms of MB can be quite social and an E can be withdrawn.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
and what do you think in terms of yourself ?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sure it wasnt eSfJ you tested ? xD

:steam:

N doesn't equal mind reader. :D

It doesn't?! :D

I think the difference is I v E in terms of MBTI is how we perceive the world. Traditional introversion and extraversion is different, an I in terms of MB can be quite social and an E can be withdrawn.

Exactly. E/I frequently gets boiled down too far into "e = flying up out of a cake and doing jumping jacks at midnight" (which I hear Entropie does a lot :D) and "i = belligerent mute".

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In my opinion, relaying introvertism to be that "in need of solitude", is a call for someone to beat the crap thinking out of this little introverted head.

I know a special person, who is introverted, she is a hell of a people's person as an infj and she can rock until the morning light.

She has no problems with searching solitude. But she has a membrane and understanding of how things work I envy.

And that is, how I define entropie... I mean introvertism