MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Default Calling All Ni-Users!

Hey guys!

So I was just noticing that all the dominant Ni-users I know (or even those with Ni in their function stack in general) tend to keep repeating themselves over and over. They're circle to the same topic again and again and won't really respond in a... meaningful or effective(?) (can't find the right words) way unless whatever's being introduced by the other person is strictly and obviously related. Is there any way to get these people out of this loop? If you've experienced it yourself, did you did any effective ways to get out of the rut, so to speak?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

There is a "negotiation of context" that is being made, here. I.e., "What question are we answering?" Usually the loops are a result of both parties trying to answer different questions that sound similar but aren't.

Another possibility is that the Ni dom is repeating things to you because you have yet to acknowledge what was said and repeat it back in your own words. This is a form of active listening (that INFPs happen to be very good at!).

It isn't just Ni doms. In general, you need to figure out what the other person is saying and acknowledge it before you can get the other person to acknowledge what you are saying.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I'm sure @uumlau has a dancing analogy for this.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I'm sure @uumlau has a dancing analogy for this.
    In order to dance together, both leader and follower must respond to each other. That mutual response is called "connection."
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Ni is geared toward one thing: finding the deeper meaning behind everything.

I may prefer to speak about subjects in-depth, but for social purposes I make exceptions (although it's not my comfort zone). Now, if the speaker bounces from unrelated subject to unrelated subject, as ESxPs occasionally do, I find it difficult to maintain interest. There's just no topic-exploration or discussion.

That's why I love Ne doms: all of the subjects they bring up are somehow related, which helps me keep pace with the conversation.
    Likes Sinmara liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    bad
    Socionics
    ENTp

I have had INTJ (Ni-Te) partners (business & private), because I like them a lot.
    Their advantage is that they focus a lot, on the goal they reserve for themselves.
    But every advantage has a disadvantage.
    The disadvantage is that they tend to be very stubborn if you introduce something new, even if it would be helpful to them & their goal. If your suggestion doesn't fit quickly, they will not bother. They will keep their thoughts clear, they won't make them muddy with new unnecessary stuff. Even if it could be helpful, but it is simply "unnecessary" it is considered a waste of time and thus you bump into their stubbornness. Mainly they will just not answer, giving no confirmation of even hearing out your unnecessary stories. You will be talking to a wall.
    The only way to open them up from stubborn-mode, is to make it shine so incredible (showing off the competitive advantage in practice) that they get kind-of-jealous and want it, that always works, then they will actually come and ask you.

As for INFJs (Ni-Fe), they are not so stubborn. Because they can hear you out and acknowledge your story, out of Fe-politeness&self-sacrifice, something the INTJ is not burdened with.

This has nothing to do with repeating though. Annoying logical repetitions is a Ti-trait. Maybe your INTJs are actually INTP?
    (Or maybe you are not talking about logical repetitions, but other kind of repetitions?)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
    This has nothing to do with repeating though. Annoying logical repetitions is a Ti-trait. Maybe your INTJs are actually INTP?
    (Or maybe you are not talking about logical repetitions, but other kind of repetitions?)
    Exactly. INTJs I know (myself included) have little patience for repetition, or for dragging out a topic unnecessarily. We may be willing to converse for hours on an interesting topic, but the discussion will not be repetitive. Of course if the topic is not of interest to you, it may all start to sound the same and be boring. Topic changing can indeed be annoying. Interestingly my INTP sometimes accuses me of doing this when in fact I have simply decided to take a completely different approach to the same discussion/topic to overcome what appears to be an impasse.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...