• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SPs vs. NJs

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How specifically can NJs and SPs be told apart? The Ni/Se distinction isn't that helpful because both MBTI families are goal-oriented and seek external stimulation. Heck, I'm an INFJ and I get bored with inactivity as much as any SP (which has made me question my type more than a few times). There needs to be a more specific description of how SPs and NJs use Ni and Se differently; something deeper than "Ni: goal-oriented" and "Se: sensation-seeking".

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
My guess would be SP's are going to be more focused in the present and less on abstractions, where as NJs will be more focused on the future and the big picture. But thats not to say NJs can't be present or SPs cant think long term, but rather the culmination of their behavior over time, what do those patterns reveal?

The SP's and NJ's I know both can have a goofy sense of humor, but SP's generally appear more laid back than NJ's. NJ's can appear very deliberate, and somewhat more serious (even INJ's who are dominant introverted perceivers, they get stressed more easily; at least the ones I know.)

SP's I know - typically say things like "why worry about the future, enjoy the present moment, live life for today."

NJ's I know - typically they know what they want to do, and even though they might not talk about it, they have it planned out far into the future. (this is with everything, including relationships) NJ's also often talk about "humanity as a whole" or make an already generalized topic even more generalized.

-SP's, especially ISP's (IP's in general, are going to want to delve more into specifics and details.)

*Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or have stereotyped :)

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My guess would be SP's are going to be more focused in the present and less on abstractions, where as NJs will be more focused on the future and the big picture. But thats not to say NJs can't be present or SPs cant think long term, but rather the culmination of their behavior over time, what do those patterns reveal?

The SP's and NJ's I know both can have a goofy sense of humor, but SP's generally appear more laid back than NJ's. NJ's can appear very deliberate, and somewhat more serious (even INJ's who are dominant introverted perceivers, they get stressed more easily; at least the ones I know.)

SP's I know - typically say things like "why worry about the future, enjoy the present moment, live life for today."

NJ's I know - typically they know what they want to do, and even though they might not talk about it, they have it planned out far into the future. (this is with everything, including relationships) NJ's also often talk about "humanity as a whole" or make an already generalized topic even more generalized.

-SP's, especially ISP's (IP's in general, are going to want to delve more into specifics and details.)

*Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or have stereotyped :)

I think your analysis is right on the money, actually.

In particular, your distinction between their attitudes is extremely important. SPs are able to cope with defeat rather easily, shrugging their shoulders and moving on to something else, whereas NJs can become highly distressed over their failures.

LonestarCowgirl

I think your analysis is right on the money, actually.

In particular, your distinction between their attitudes is extremely important. SPs are able to cope with defeat rather easily, shrugging their shoulders and moving on to something else, whereas NJs can become highly distressed over their failures.

Why do you delete your posts?

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Why do you delete your posts?

Stalker, eh? ;)

I remove my posts when I realize that my comment was either

1) inaccurate

2) potentially offensive

3) pointless

4) debate-fueling (I've found that online debates are an enormous waste of time)