User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Anyone interested in reading about the validity of the dichotomy-centric side of the MBTI — and about several other issues often raised by people claiming to "debunk" the MBTI — will find a lengthy two-post discussion starting here, and further discussion of the scientific respectability of the MBTI in this post (also linked to in the first linked post).

Mole owes Isabel Myers an apology, not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    The topic of fantasy and its role in the psyche is interesting. Some more questions:

How can fantasy, especially imagined selves, be healthy? If they can be.

How can they hurt a person?

How much fantasy is excessive, and what does overdoing fantasy indicate in a person?

What does it mean if a person uses fantasy much less than normal?
    The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

And learning to distinguish between fantasy and reality is an important life task.

However some us are only able to partially complete our life tasks, and so we are left with a partially completed psyche.

As adults we still long to complete our life tasks and so we regress in the hope of finally completely our all important life tasks, in this case learning to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

Unfortunately such regression doesn't work but we keep on trying, and after a while it becomes compulsive.

In this case we regress to fantasy, we find it satisfies a need, and is comforting, but because it doesn't work, we must keep repeating it over and over.

This is why the fantasy of mbti is so popular.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Mbti is based on fantasy and so naturally attracts damaged psyches.

The damaged psyche typically presents a false self to the world.

And so naturally we find that many present false selves on Central.

And interestingly it is considered bad manners to draw attention to, or to expose, a false self on Central.

By contrast a well run encounter group will not tolerate a false self, and insists that we try to integrate our psyche.

So mbti panders to damaged psyches.
    Oh good.
    I'm going to be an elf.
    Because I like them, as far as false (s)elves go.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
    Watch lights fade from every room.
    Bedsitter people look back and lament,
    Another day's useless energy spent.
    Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
    Lonely man cries for love and has none.
    New mother picks up and suckles her son,
    Senior citizens wish they were young.
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
    Removes the colours from our sight.
    Red is grey and yellow white.
    But we decide which is right.
    And which is an illusion

The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

And learning to distinguish between fantesy and reality is an important life task.

However some us are only able to partially complete our life tasks, and so we are left with a partially completed psyche.

As adults we still long to complete our life tasks and so we regress in the hope of finally completely our all important life tasks, in this case learning to distinguish between fantesy and reality.

Unfortunately such regression doesn't work but we keep on trying, and after a while it becomes compulsive.

In this case we regress to fantesy, we find it satisfies a need, and is comforting, but because it doesn't work, we must keep repeating it over and over.

This is why the fantesy of mbti is so popular.
    I honestly get the impression you take MBTI far more seriously than many others here do.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes GarrotTheThief, BadOctopus, Cellmold, Hard liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Mbti is based on fantasy and so naturally attracts damaged psyches.

The damaged psyche typically presents a false self to the world.

And so naturally we find that many present false selves on Central.

And interestingly it is considered bad manners to draw attention to, or to expose, a false self on Central.

By contrast a well run encounter group will not tolerate a false self, and insists that we try to integrate our psyche.

So mbti panders to damaged psyches.
    Anyone without a wound is a child. I mean we have an inner child but to be an adult we must have some sort of wound which lasts our entire lives. We can't be whole until we have this wound. It's ancient secret knowledge passed down to me on an ancient scroll pinned to my wall by a five pointed Chinese star thrown by a ninja-philosophy-zen-master-sage.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    It's ancient secret knowledge passed down to me on an ancient scroll pinned to my wall by a five pointed Chinese star thrown by a ninja-philosophy-zen-master-sage.
    Your life sounds awesome.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Your life sounds awesome.
    It's been good the last couple months. I won't lie...but before that it was like being on a plane during a storm because I was in the bat cave doing lots of work.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

There once was a member named Mikey
    Whose EEG readings were spiky.
    It seems he was high
    On the MBTI
    'Cause of damage deep down in his psyche.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    There once was a member named Mikey
    Whose EEG readings were spiky.
    It seems he was high
    On the MBTI
    'Cause of damage deep down in his psyche.

A poetical side to reckful. Cool...I love seeing the new sides of forum members I didn't know existed.
    it was open
    -the end"

Typology Central recruits school children. Even the brains of school children are not fully grown until 22 years of age. But many if not most school children want to be grown up when they are not. So they adopt a false self that pretends to be grown up.

This false self of many school children here is shallow and fragile and a conscious construction, held together by the immature ego.

This false self tries to manipulate others but is very easily manipulated by the cult of mbti.

And frankly I find such immature false selves, the manipulating and the manipulated, to be distasteful.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Typology Central recruits school children. Even the brains of school children are not fully grown until 22 years of age. But many if not most school children want to be grown up when they are not. So they adopt a false self that pretends to be grown up.

This false self of many school children here is shallow and fragile and a conscious construction, held together by the immature ego.

This false self tries to manipulate others but is very easily manipulated by the cult of mbti.

And frankly I find such immature false selves, the manipulating and the manipulated, to be distasteful.
    All I hear is "waaaaaah everyone here is below my maturity level, I'm better than you all. MBTI is a cult! A cult I tell you! It's a cult because I hate it! If you don't agree you are just a child!"

Aka, more utter vaccuous moral superiority comments that aren't substantiating beyond an unsupportable opinion.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari