User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Type compatibility (according to answers on OkCupid)

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    It's interesting... I am unsure about the OKC's algorithm from my limited experience. I am supposedly dating a 95% match. We have a lot of spark in our belief systems (some sort of INXX type) but it's hard to tell if it will go platonic vs. relationship with the level of similarity.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    It's interesting... I am unsure about the OKC's algorithm from my limited experience. I am supposedly dating a 95% match. We have a lot of spark in our belief systems (some sort of INXX type) but it's hard to tell if it will go platonic vs. relationship with the level of similarity.
    What was your enemy match percentage? How many questions did you each answer (have in common)?

  3. #33
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    What was your enemy match percentage? How many questions did you each answer (have in common)?
    I am not sure... probably at least 300 and about 14% enemy. He said he got INTJ but sometimes gets INFJ, INTP. All I know is that he can read between the lines of what I am saying EXTREMELY well

  4. #34
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7sx
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Intriguing summary!

    My mind is puzzling over the bold. I need to give that more thought and compare against IRL accumulated data-experience
    Let me know what you find through your comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    There's more data for the INxx types than the ESxx types, as there are more INxx types online. The lower overall match percentage for ESxJs is probably telling of how disagreeable they are (give answers not liked by others and unaccepting of answers commonly chosen by others).
    Thanks for clearing that up! Makes sense.

    On an important side note, does anyone know why OKC ditched the MBTI thing? I would find it way more interesting to go through matches if all had their type listed. Or maybe not. Would make it a hell of a lot easier, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Well, this is pretty good proof that type compatibility is a bullshit theory.
    Why do you think this? Relating OKC with type doesn't give the whole picture, but it gives something. And more likely that type compatibility theories are rather good, they just don't fit that well with the OKC algorithm. Judging from my personal IRL experiences, the OXXO theory (Xs are the same, Os different) works so well with S people. In group dynamics, developed "best friends" relationships have this dynamic in most cases. This comes to the N side as well with INFJ ENFP. Also, NTPs and separately ISTPs friend with each other and ENXPs with each other. And we're talking friendships here. But what relationship doesn't do well with a good friendship dynamic as a base?

    And which type compatibility theory do you mean? I don't think there is a universally accepted theory about this. Would gladly like to develop one, though. Sorry if I'm coming on too strong, your opinion was so strong I wanted to "attack" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    I am not sure... probably at least 300 and about 14% enemy. He said he got INTJ but sometimes gets INFJ, INTP. All I know is that he can read between the lines of what I am saying EXTREMELY well
    How can you get 95% match and 15% enemy. I've never seen anything like this, seems rigged. Judging from only this, he seems like an INTJ main type. What type are you the closest to? ENFJ or INFJ?

  5. #35
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post

    How can you get 95% match and 15% enemy. I've never seen anything like this, seems rigged. Judging from only this, he seems like an INTJ main type. What type are you the closest to? ENFJ or INFJ?
    ENFJ with lower extroversion.

  6. #36
    alchemist Array Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Why do you think this? Relating OKC with type doesn't give the whole picture, but it gives something. And more likely that type compatibility theories are rather good, they just don't fit that well with the OKC algorithm. Judging from my personal IRL experiences, the OXXO theory (Xs are the same, Os different) works so well with S people. In group dynamics, developed "best friends" relationships have this dynamic in most cases. This comes to the N side as well with INFJ ENFP. Also, NTPs and separately ISTPs friend with each other and ENXPs with each other. And we're talking friendships here. But what relationship doesn't do well with a good friendship dynamic as a base?
    Well, if there was actually compatibility between certain types over others, then this should almost surely show up in OkCupid match percentages, but given that the different between best and worst matches was only like 5%, this is not indicated.

    In my opinion, type doesn't matter for friendship but there can be more romantic "chemistry" between people who are completely different (so an IJ with EP for example is like to have decent chemistry).

  7. #37
    Senior Member Array erg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    None
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Those statistics don't seem very useful. It is interesting to note that the best compatibility as per Socionics (my holy grail) is between duals. For example, my dual as an ENTj is an ISFj, and these two types are as different from each other as they can be. Opposites not only attract as they say, but they are the best potential relationship two people can have.

  8. #38
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7sx
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Well, if there was actually compatibility between certain types over others, then this should almost surely show up in OkCupid match percentages, but given that the different between best and worst matches was only like 5%, this is not indicated.

    In my opinion, type doesn't matter for friendship but there can be more romantic "chemistry" between people who are completely different (so an IJ with EP for example is like to have decent chemistry).
    But the compatibility does shows in OKC matching. In the form of similarity. There is still clear differentiation between matches of different types. Some are better and some are worse. IJ EP chemistry is great, especially with N people, but that doesn't apply to OKC logic either. OKC is another type matchmaking that isn't designed to directly apply to type compatibility, or chemistry for that matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by erg View Post
    Those statistics don't seem very useful. It is interesting to note that the best compatibility as per Socionics (my holy grail) is between duals. For example, my dual as an ENTj is an ISFj, and these two types are as different from each other as they can be. Opposites not only attract as they say, but they are the best potential relationship two people can have.
    I haven't found this to be true. An ISFJ, even though as cute as they can be, we drive each other crazy in a relationship, and not in an opposites attract good way. And there just isn't anything to go on. An ISTJ, which is functionally even further from me, would be my worst match. Not sure if your typing works better with non-N-dominant people but for me, its a no go.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array erg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    None
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    I haven't found this to be true. An ISFJ, even though as cute as they can be, we drive each other crazy in a relationship, and not in an opposites attract good way. And there just isn't anything to go on. An ISTJ, which is functionally even further from me, would be my worst match. Not sure if your typing works better with non-N-dominant people but for me, its a no go.
    Conflictors are also opposites (ISFj and ENTp are conflictors).

  10. #40
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7sx
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erg View Post
    Conflictors are also opposites (ISFj and ENTp are conflictors).
    I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you giving me another opposite to go on? ISFj as in ISFP to my ENTP doesn't work either. Same with ESFJ.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Type Me According to the Information Provided Below
    By Romello in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
  2. who wants to take on the challenge of determining my type?
    By catherinegoode in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 06:33 PM
  3. Know of any research on type compatibility?
    By KarenParker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM
  4. What personality types tend to cheat on exams?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 01:57 PM
  5. Which questions on personality tests do you find the most difficult to answer?
    By Such Irony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •