User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 44

  1. #1
    Lost in the Multiverse Bknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    203

    Default Can a Person's MBTI Type Change as a Result of Severe Trauma?

    I've been wondering recently, especially after having read Ender's Game and watched parts of Iron Man 3 about whether or not a person's MBTI type can change as a result of serious trauma, physical, mental, or emotional.

  2. #2
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    No it cant

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  3. #3
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No it cant
    Wrong.

    Personality can and does change from illness. It's WELL documented. Here is just one example: Whickham grandmother swears like a trooper after stroke changes her personality - Chronicle Live

    By extension, MBTI can change too from such a thing.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #4
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Wrong.

    Personality can and does change from illness. It's WELL documented. Here is just one example: Whickham grandmother swears like a trooper after stroke changes her personality - Chronicle Live

    By extension, MBTI can change too from such a thing.
    Well, in that case, the stroke has effected her ability to inhibit behaviors... but I am not 100% percent sure that means her whole MBTI can change. I feel like because she is aware of her change there is still something of her personality (and possibly MBTI) that is intact.

    ...idk.
    You are so arbitrary.

  5. #5
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    Well, in that case, the stroke has effected her ability to inhibit behaviors... but I am not 100% percent sure that means her whole MBTI can change. I feel like because she is aware of her change there is still something of her personality (and possibly MBTI) that is intact.

    ...idk.
    Another more thorough example. Chris Birch: Rugby player who 'woke up gay' after stroke says he's happiest he's ever been | Daily Mail Online
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  6. #6
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Wow, I had no idea that there where neural patternings that could decide if you where straight or not.
    it is even more interesting that I never thought as sexuality as part of "personality".
    You are so arbitrary.

  7. #7
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Wrong.

    Personality can and does change from illness. It's WELL documented.
    Correct

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    By extension, MBTI can change too from such a thing.
    Not correct.

    Your logic is flawed. Feel free to provide any credible evidence. You'll have a hard time finding it.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  8. #8
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Correct

    Not correct.

    Your logic is flawed. Feel free to provide any credible evidence. You'll have a hard time finding it.
    I posted two examples. If you don't think changes that drastic wouldn't result in a different MBTI then you really don't have an understanding of how something like a stroke can deeply change someones personality.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  9. #9
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that there where neural patternings that could decide if you where straight or not.
    it is even more interesting that I never thought as sexuality as part of "personality".
    It's the changes of his interest, way of carrying himself, outlook on life, those he chooses to surround himself with, etc. that's important. In the context of the discussion his sexuality change isn't important, but it also highlights how drastic it is.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  10. #10
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    It's the changes of his interest, way of carrying himself, outlook on life, those he chooses to surround himself with, etc. that's important. In the context of the discussion his sexuality change isn't important, but it also highlights how drastic it is.
    Or it was good timing for him to come out. But I'm not sceptical that this could happen of course.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Why Does MBTI Type Change Over Time?
    By JClassic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 07:52 PM
  2. Your MBTI Type changes while drinking?
    By JClassic in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 06:20 AM
  3. MBTI type changing over time
    By sincerelysasquatch in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-18-2014, 08:17 PM
  4. Daily MBTI Type Changes
    By CuriousFeeling in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 05:29 PM
  5. Orchestra Personality and MBTI Type
    By Haphazard in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO