User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default A compliment from each type

A conversation elsewhere on TypeC about compliments has led me to recalling incidents with various types in real life. The following people are real and their words are too. After reading them, think about what things in others tend to bring out your approval? And if you were to compliment someone on something how would it sound? Also, be sure to state your type. Here are following things each of these types has spoken to me, meaning them to be a compliment. Do they ring true to your type?

ISTJ (teacher) ...Thank you for being here early.

ISFJ (teacher)....I am impressed with your documentation.

ISFP (friend/acquaintance) ...I love it when you spend time with me.

INTP (cousin)...You're not ugly in that top.

INFP (close friend).....I hang out with you because you're not fake. I hate fake people.

ENTP (martial arts instructor/teacher/friend).....if I had your talent for making people like me, I could get them to do anything I wanted. You'd make the perfect assassin if you weren't genuinely sweet.

ENFJ(musician/artist/con-man)....thanks for making me look good up there tonight.

ENTJ (friend)....you told the truth up there tonight. You said exactly what I believe.

ESFP(teacher)...OMG...like that is the cutest outfit...ever.

ENFP (boss)....oh, that was so inspiring. I've just got so many ideas from it!

INTJ (grandmaster, martial arts) You looked hot in your regalia. (Was referring to seeing me at a pow-wow, came because I was there.)

ESTJ(INFP friend's husband) Damn, you look fine in those jeans. I don't mean nothin' by it. I just tell it like I see it.

ESFJ (teacher) thanks for being here, for being dependable.

ISTP (training partner, very close friend) I'm glad you hid my kniives in your purse. Thanks.

ESTP(sister) haha! Who'd have thought somebody could look good in such a crazy outfit?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes asynartetic, highlander liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Thank you to

-people who aren't easily bored

-people who aren't afraid to look at themselves

-people who meet me at the time we agreed upon

-INFJ
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

--Your honesty is important to me.
    --You allowed me to be myself.
    --I'd peg your IQ at xxx (very high number).
    --You went beyond the call of duty.
    --You told me what you were really thinking.
    --You corrected my privately with respect for my dignity.

...I'm an INTJ.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Thanks for:

• being a good friend
    • keeping me on track
    • going on adventures with me
    • sharing your thoughts and feelings

-ENFP
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    A conversation elsewhere on TypeC about compliments has led me to recalling incidents with various types in real life. The following people are real and their words are too. After reading them, think about what things in others tend to bring out your approval? And if you were to compliment someone on something how would it sound? Also, be sure to state your type. Here are following things each of these types has spoken to me, meaning them to be a compliment. Do they ring true to your type?

ISTJ (teacher) ...Thank you for being here early.

ISFJ (teacher)....I am impressed with your documentation.

ISFP (friend/acquaintance) ...I love it when you spend time with me.

INTP (cousin)...You're not ugly in that top.

INFP (close friend).....I hang out with you because you're not fake. I hate fake people.

ENTP (martial arts instructor/teacher/friend).....if I had your talent for making people like me, I could get them to do anything I wanted. You'd make the perfect assassin if you weren't genuinely sweet.

ENFJ(musician/artist/con-man)....thanks for making me look good up there tonight.

ENTJ (friend)....you told the truth up there tonight. You said exactly what I believe.

ESFP(teacher)...OMG...like that is the cutest outfit...ever.

ENFP (boss)....oh, that was so inspiring. I've just got so many ideas from it!

INTJ (grandmaster, martial arts) You looked hot in your regalia. (Was referring to seeing me at a pow-wow, came because I was there.)

ESTJ(INFP friend's husband) Damn, you look fine in those jeans. I don't mean nothin' by it. I just tell it like I see it.

ESFJ (teacher) thanks for being here, for being dependable.

ISTP (training partner, very close friend) I'm glad you hid my kniives in your purse. Thanks.

ESTP(sister) haha! Who'd have thought somebody could look good in such a crazy outfit?
    I'm impressed that you've had all those types say those things to you. Most of them are very type typical.

LOL, yes, I've paid similar compliments a few times.....

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

It may be stingy but I'm not very free with compliments. I'm getting better, but for a long time I only gave approval if both A) I meant it genuinely and B) the person exuded humility. Now I try to drop the second requirement, but it's challenging.

As infrequent as it happens, the things I usual compliment for are:
    - You are refreshingly genuine, thank you for being real.
    - You are self aware, and can see clearly the good and bad-- I so appreciate that!
    - You are very talented at _______, I really enjoyed watching you perform/play/etc.
    - You have walked a hard road, but have healed and grown! That is so inspiring, thanks for sharing your story with me.
    - I really appreciate this (aesthetic thing) that you've done.

My favorite way to compliment is through a written note.

I am INfj.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'm impressed that you've had all those types say those things to you. Most of them are very type typical.

LOL, yes, I've paid similar compliments a few times.....
    Thanks. I wear a lot of different hats so I meet a lot of different kinds of people.

Also, I'm so glad you identified with my ENTP's compliment.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    It may be stingy but I'm not very free with compliments. I'm getting better, but for a long time I only gave approval if both A) I meant it genuinely and B) the person exuded humility. Now I try to drop the second requirement, but it's challenging.

As infrequent as it happens, the things I usual compliment for are:
    - You are refreshingly genuine, thank you for being real.
    - You are self aware, and can see clearly the good and bad-- I so appreciate that!
    - You are very talented at _______, I really enjoyed watching you perform/play/etc.
    - You have walked a hard road, but have healed and grown! That is so inspiring, thanks for sharing your story with me.
    - I really appreciate this (aesthetic thing) that you've done.

My favorite way to compliment is through a written note.

I am INfj.
    Thanks for these replies small.wonder.

It does make sense that you would favor a written note.

Enneagram
    9w8

@Nixie The people who not easily bored stands out to me. I'm curious. Do you mean people who don't get bored mid conversation or with what you're doing?

@Chanaynay my boss is ENFP and one of her biggest things, wants, etc., is for someone to kindly (not in a snide, mean or condescending way, is to help her stay on track. I found it important that this made your list.

@grey_beard those are all things I like to be complimented for and that I appreciate in others, especially the one about correcting a person privately.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No, it doesnt really ring true for me. I don't think the obsession with fakeness is as Fi as people think.

I'm terrible with giving compliments, generally finding it hard to express what I appreciate about people.
    Outside of generic compliments on people's style or good food, some things I've said:

- you are a wonderful friend. I always know you have the best intentions
    - you always put a lot of thought and care into what you do
    - thanks for taking the time to ----; I know how busy you are
    - it's really inspiring how you----
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Ene liked this post