User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Ene, I was thinking about people who can get into a good conversation about ideas, those who don't need a physically stimulating subject to sustain their interest or be convinced of its relevance. My word choice wasn't exact. But I also appreciate those who can eventually bring the abstract discussion back to an actionable place or plan in the end.

I'm listing things that I appreciate in others, not necessarily have given compliments on, which I don't do too often.

One compliment I have given recently was along the lines of, "The idea of you keeping a secret from me just seems absurd, and so does the reverse."
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    @Ene, I was thinking about people who can get into a good conversation about ideas, those who don't need a physically stimulating subject to sustain their interest or be convinced of its relevance. My word choice wasn't exact. But I also appreciate those who can eventually bring the abstract discussion back to an actionable place or plan in the end.

I'm listing things that I appreciate in others, not necessarily have given compliments on, which I don't do too often.

One compliment I have given recently was along the lines of, "The idea of you keeping a secret from me just seems absurd, and so does the reverse."
    Thanks for clarifying. I get what you mean now.

@OrangeAppled My friend owns a business in a small town and has to deal with a lot of fake and two-faced people. So, it's an issue for her. It may have more to do with that than with type.

I especially relate to the second and third statements on your list. I appreciate those things in people, too.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Gryffindor Prefect OneLovelyAdventure's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so

I love this! Especially the INTP's, lol. Gotta love 'em. The ENFP boss rings pretty true to something I'd say, although the ESFP, ESFJ, and ISFP also sound like things I'd say.
    "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell 'Tuesday,' even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling 'Tuesday' simply doesn't count." -- Winnie the Pooh

ENFP 3w2-7w6-8w7 sx/so
    Neutral Good | SLUAI | Sanguine-Choleric
    Gryffindor | Wampus
    Sagittarius Sun | Sagittarius Moon | Aquarius Rising

Likes Ene liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

INTP here.
    Lol I've probably said things along the line of the INTP's to family members, or anyone I'm comfortable with actually. I don't give out compliments naturally usually. But some things I've probably said:

'You can pull off any look you want.' - I didn't mean this as a compliment, just a general statement but the person took it that way so I guess it can go here.
    'That's actually a good idea.' I rarely admit to someone having a better idea than me regarding something, so if I say this it's a compliment lol :p
    'I love how you're so passionate about...' I usually say this in a joking manner and people usually think I'm mocking them, but I genuinely mean it as a compliment, I love how some people are so driven.

Okay I honestly can't think of any more compliments I've given now, but I guess things I appreciate would be someone being comfortable to be themselves, people that think really quick on their feet, when people come up with really out of the box ideas that may have never crossed my mind.
    Likes Ene liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    INTP here.
    Lol I've probably said things along the line of the INTP's to family members, or anyone I'm comfortable with actually. I don't give out compliments naturally usually. But some things I've probably said:

'You can pull off any look you want.' - I didn't mean this as a compliment, just a general statement but the person took it that way so I guess it can go here.
    'That's actually a good idea.' I rarely admit to someone having a better idea than me regarding something, so if I say this it's a compliment lol :p
    'I love how you're so passionate about...' I usually say this in a joking manner and people usually think I'm mocking them, but I genuinely mean it as a compliment, I love how some people are so driven.

Okay I honestly can't think of any more compliments I've given now, but I guess things I appreciate would be someone being comfortable to be themselves, people that think really quick on their feet, when people come up with really out of the box ideas that may have never crossed my mind.
    Thanks for sharing these! My cousin may not mean things as a compliment, but that's as close as he ever comes and he means it so I count it. Haha

@OneLovelyAdventure thanks for your input and affirmation on ENFP. My boss is hilarious at times. I think she would be a fine actress and comedian.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

"I've never looked at it that way/thought about it that way. Huh."
    "You're stronger than you think. Trust me, I'm always right."
    "You're right." :P
    "That response was too perfect to taint it with a comeback. Nice!"
    "That's a pretty awesome idea!!"
    "You've intrigued me."
    "I'm in!!"
    "You inspire me."
    "Don't let it go to your head, but nice job."
    "Teach me."
    *bubbling with genuine laughter* (if you can make me laugh affectionately, it's high compliment)

Me: "I think I'll keep you. Store you in a secret place where no one else will find you because if they find you, it's inevitable that you'll be stolen."
    Their response: "You're scaring me."
    Me: "Scared enough to want to be stolen?"
    Them: *pause* No.
    Me: "Good, then. In you go." (an action of putting into a pocket over the heart) <- I didn't know such a silly and ridiculously cheesy conversation had that much of an effect, until the person reminisced about it often to me, in fond terms.
    - ENTP