Hi guys, I was wondering how Ni works like for you.
I mean, I am most likely an INTJ, still I have hard time seeing how such a weird thing might be my dom function.
thus, I tried thinking up some examples of what may be classifed Ni and wanted to hear your opinion about it.
lastly, feel free to give some examples taken from your experience.
1)a few days ago, I was away with my mother. we were in a building we'd never seen before. when we had to go back, I was heading my way on the very ame route we took to enter, whereas my mom took another way. I gave a brief stare at the hallway she walked through and I had a bad feeling about, so I told her to come back. in the end it was a dead end and it led nowhere.
how the hell could I know it?
2)many years ago, I was playing with my toys when I suddently felt very bad, and I didn't know why. hence, I ran downstairs and heard my mom crying because our neighbour had just died.
3) I don't know if this really counts (it must be S), still I can recognize my relatives and friends by the noise of their footstep, the noise of their breath and skin smell. I don't really know how, but when someone comes close to me I piece this things subconsciously and get the right guess most of the times.
4)I can easily guess people's intentions. it takes me one glance to realize people's intentions and move accordingly. Still, I can't understand their feelings most of the times XD this includes catching people red-handed gossiping about me, which happens quite often. oh, and of course it saves me from a lot of pranks
5) I read through lines when speaking and often say double-meaning sentences on purpose (albeit few seem to understand them :\)
6)when I am taking class with friends, I am usually the quickest to grab concepts and I can turn them from extra-mega-hard theory to the biggest down-to-earth gist in a few secs.
that's why my friends enjoy my help: I put hard stuff in easy words using examples and metaphors.
like today, we were having physics and unfortunately my train was late. once I arrived there, the teacher was explaining something completely new to me. at first I was startled because I didn't know what the hell she was talking about, but once I managed to relate to my previous knowledge and come up with a general pattern, I could do the exercises just as well as the others who had listened to the whole class. I like it when my knowledges fit into a pattern and are coherent one another.
7) I hate learning things by heart, thus I memorize the pattern that leads to the answer instead of the answer itself and then retrieve it once I need. It's stronger than me, I just can't learn stuff by heart if it does not make sense to me.
8) I experience many dreams, most of which are about my current occupation (whether it is a game, a subject, a movie/anime or even a person), put in many different perspectives. that's why I like sleeping, my brain goes wild oh, and I can recall my dreams quite easily.
9) I often have deja vuus, although I've never been in that place/experience.
can you relate to these things?