Hi. Im doing this based on the questionnaire from*
User, Entropic, from personalitycafe. Honestly, it seems quite good and it is unlike most questionnaires. Please help me deduce my type, mainly MBTI. I do appreciate your help. What Brought about my identity crisis, both depression, self doubt and knowledge. Deducing my MBTI type will also help me find my enneagram type.
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Well, I'm 18; male. I have typical mood swings, bouts of depression, but no known disorder yet. Current state of mind is well, a little free and open.
2. Study these two images*here*and*here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
Honestly the first picture is really captivating, but I prefer the second one. The second image reminds me of human beings in general. It stands out from both the images as this has more of a human touch to it. It seems to have more emotions. Not an emotion that is given but an emotion that is felt. I feel that the first image gives out a specific emotion while the other forces you to feel something to fit the image. It also reminds me of human beings needing to be more individualistic and expressive. I fell that the bread, to me represents out emotional states and by pulling it apart, it shows that we are all so ready to feel it, ON THE INSIDE.*
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?*
I find that talking about myself feels wrong and a little narcissistic, but anyway.. I'm a quiet soul. Im extremely introverted, isolated at times. I tend to not say much if you don't really know me. i'm a romantic on the inside. I secretly hope that someone would come up to initiate a conversation, no matter how weird it is, with me. I tend to not focus so much on the content of the Conversation but more on how It's being Brought across. I don't really give eye contact as I feel that it may be perceived as being rude. I am quite good at reading people. I am judgmental but not so aloud. I am analytic and observant but it feels more like a cover. I am constantly filled with emotions. Emotions of the people around me and of myself. I do not express it much though, as a kid It felt as though emotions weren't allowed. I settle my problems by myself, and can come across as being self-centered. No matter how depressed I feel I subscribe that feeling by being more observant and conceptual. I am extremely self aware. I'm not that much of a competitor. I tend to let others win and help them through with advice. I don't really like giving them advice, but they come to me for it. It's incomprehensible. Most people also find me incomprehensible. It makes me feel a little odd. Winning isn't a must for me at all. It more about the process, the problems and the emotional barriers. I do not really have a sense of being special or unique, instead I feel more like an alien. I tend to be misunderstood by others a lot, but there is nothing I can do about it, yet. I am quite disciplined. I tend to like routine as it gives me time to fit in some personal endeavors. I love working for a cause. It gives my life meaning and it also improves the lives of everyone around me. I'm not ambitious though. I am extremely moody, on the inside. Im quite prone to depression and paradoxical at times. my thought process is a bit unusual. I cant seem to grasp information that is being told to me, verbally. I feel as though I have to defend and fight for myself and my principles at times, though usually I don't as I don't see a reason to. I like art and science. they've been with me for the longest time. My music taste is a little unusual. i tend to see all sides and many ways when it comes to perceiving specific situations which makes me isolate myself to organize my thoughts. I am organized. I have inner worlds and music amplifies them, emotions and concepts. It's also an outlet for self expression and experimentation. i am quite reserved. I dont share much about myself unless its for a greater cause. I feel but also conceal. Like now, sharing information about myself would end the identity crisis and enable me to understand myself more to take action or comprehend the world and the people in it.*
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?*
Honestly, I find no joy in being a specific human. I'd like to work towards selfactualization slowly as I would like to improve the lives of others and myself. i would like to be creative and principled. I do not want to stand out, but i would like to express both thought and emotion. I would not want to be who i'm not. why ,you ask? Well, why not?
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
i believe that people do perceive me differently. There is no specific way to perceive us humans. We very rarely come across people who see things the same way. Nonetheless, i do not really bother about how people perceive me to be. Doing so would only confuse both myself and that person. I believe that I am everything and at the same time, nothing.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the*Value Test*and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I really value authenticity. Authenticity in living. Relationships. I tend to look for the kind of people that doesn't seem to exist. I value hope and love. I do not believe in war no matter how great the cause is. Revolution, maybe. ever had a revolution without war? Maybe someday. I value knowledge almost the same amount at which I value authenticity. Without knowledge I feel that we create unnecessary boundaries in our life, but too much knowledge can change our perspective of the world, good and bad. I value my ability to help others. I don't really like being a helper of any sort but then again, the greater the cause, the greater the pleasure. I value the ability to move on and set emotions aside at desperate times. I feel that I just can't take any action, being introverted, withdrawn and lacking social skills, though no one knows that about me. I guess I'll stop it at this for now. Do feel free to ask more.
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I have been in many unknown situations. Unfortunately they are really hard to remember. Usually I tend to detach from my emotions and suffer a great amount of pain after that specific situation. I like change and adventure. Change being both negative and positive.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I am stressed out, I tend to be a little scattered. All over the place but getting nowhere. I feel as though I have to do too many things and sometimes, usually, knowledge might help. I obtain as much knowledge I can about the specific stress trigger. Though, knowledge without action, is kind of useless. I can sit through a stressful conversation, wile staying calm but detached. Sometimes there are too many things to feel. I tend to lapse into depression every time I'm stressed out. When everything fails, I get really dark and gloomy. I do not really dislike that feeling. I take pleasure in feeling everything. Different feelings can lead to hidden discoveries. Sometimes suicidal due to the fact that I'm stressed and people just don't want to understand me.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I'm in am enjoyable situation, I tend to be able to take action. Any sort of action. I usually get things done right. I seem a but more idealistic and decisive. I enjoy the small things in life and spend time with those who love me. I become extremely creative and share my views with those who understand me.
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
one to one interaction is scary. Seeing right through the person does trigger my judgments side but it more of the fear of being perceived as rude that pisses me off. I can only do one thing at a time, if you get what I mean.. I enjoy group interaction. Though it is a bit scattered, it is also pleasurable and exciting as ideas collide to create new ones. A bunch of people working towards a specific cause with complete trust in one another. Unfortunately that is yet to happen. My age group prevents enjoyable interactions.*
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?*
Social norms are important, to a certain extent. I'm am traditional but I keep an open mind. Overall people are creatures with a huge about of potential. They are caring, considerate and compassionate. My moods cloud my judgement at times. Humans are not evil, nor are they good. They fall somewhere between that range but they have potential to reach both ends of that spectrum.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Honestly, I follow the rules but I do break them when I feel that they are unreasonable in certain events. I take a personal stand against authority as I grew up in an environment where everyone was fighting for power and authority. I believe that we should not be constricted by authority, but instead, we should all be constricted by ourselves. Only then will we be able to break free from that chain.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?*
Ha ha, order. Order is beautiful but superficial. Imperfection makes it beautiful. Chaos can seem to be beautiful. But it is disrupting, psychologically. I have an ongoing push-pull relation with order and chaos. It is manageable, I enjoy finding ways to end chaos but I can't take complete order. Chaos reminds me that things can never stay the same way for long.*
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I fear insignificance and emptiness. I also fear judgement. I have this great fear that I'll end up finding out that I'm a nobody. That I'm not Even significant enough to become a memory. I fantasize about it at times but it still scares me. I fear not knowing myself. I fear people at times and the problems we all face. Fear makes me extra cautious and more analytical. emotions tend to amplify my fears so I tend to try not to project my fears into the environment as it affects my emotions.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I am not ambitious. I wish for equality. I wish to be someone with meaning, with a purpose. Someone who can help others and discover secrets about that process. someone who can take care of those i love no matter what. We rarely find people we love and letting go seems.. impossible. Eternal longing is also something that cant be released from the soul. I do not know where these drives and desires come from. I wish to be.. A human. A scientific artist, and a friend.*
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Ugh. Socialization drains me. Some people are just too energetic for me. Good for them that they are that way, they can take action and can make connections, though I feel that It's the depth of connection. That matters more than the quantity. Art, helping others and love energizes me. I do not wish to explain more as yet.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your*enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the*Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I want to know my type to end my identity crisis. O did a post on the 4 and 5 forums a while ago but I was quite unhealthy. This is like an ultimate.. exception. I do not know what type I am and what type I seem to be. Knowledge leads to more doubt s at times. I tend to fall somewhere between 4w5 , 5w4, INFJ and INTJ and a user recommended INFP.
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
No, thank you. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Do excuse me if I made any spelling errors. I did this using an iPhone