• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trouble understanding Cognitive Functions ordering and Typing

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yep, that's the official "Step I" MBTI. And your N result is as clear as it could possibly be.

And it's maybe worth mentioning that all of the items on the official MBTI got there by a process of elimination that started decades ago and has involved hundreds of tested items, with the survivors being items that have been found to cluster, to a substantial degree (based on thousands of tests and the psychometric standards applicable in the personality typology field) with the other items being scored for the same preference. I've noted before that I think it's not that uncommon for INFs (especially if the F preference is mild) to test as INT on the test — but not vice versa.

Given that you came out INFP, and with scores like that, I'd say it's unlikely you're anything but an INFP.

Just in case they're useful to you, I've put online profile roundups for the eight introverted types in the spoiler, and I'm guessing you'll find (if you look at them) that the INFP descriptions fit you the best.

Oh yes. These are quite useful indeed! Thank you!

Yes. I have an INFJ friend that scored INTJ in that test :)
That I was an N type is the only thing I was totally sure about, hearing that I could be an S type sounded confusing to me. If I was an S I would have less problems right now, I swear I would notice it.

Thank you again.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Thank you. I know this is off topic, but today someone on PerC told me I am an obvious SEI, and I must be blind because I didn't see it. I don;t know about that type, but I feel really upset and I don't know why.
I wanted to know myself better but it seems that I am always farther from that. I guess it may be depression.

The guy that told you that currently has ESFP on his own profile, but I think he's an NTP (which is how he typed himself when he joined PerC), and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't really being serious about your type.

He's certainly not a typing source to pay any attention to, in any case, so you're not allowed to let him depress you.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The guy that told you that currently has ESFP on his own profile, but I think he's an NTP (which is how he typed himself when he joined PerC), and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't really being serious about your type.

He's certainly not a typing source to pay any attention to, in any case, so you're not allowed to let him depress you.

Thank you :)
I am new to this MBTI world, it can be intimidating to me. Mostly because I'm not used to interact with strangers this much, I enjoy debates but with people that know me and respect my person. I got depressed for not reason, but I will probably get used to such situations soon.
I don't like giving people a different impression of what I really am.

Sorry for the Off Topic :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Don't let MBTI depress you, and if you want to know yourself, don't worry about fitting yourself to a theory, just look at yourself as is, who you are, be it habits you have, what you believe in, what is unique about you, anything.

I think there are functions but I don't think I have the proper evidence or reasoning to believe in them as of yet. I will have to introspect further, and observe others' patterns and relation to myself.