User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Or ENTP or INTJ, but it looks like you ruled out a thinking type.

The dominant function is actually pretty different from the auxiliary, at least in theory. It is the ruler of your whole head, the summary of your whole cognitive deal and stuff. The auxiliary can also be very influential but influential in that it gives a very distinct flavor to the dominant. In practice, you know, minds are pretty muddy things sometimes. Or at least puzzling. Through enough study and getting quality information the answer tends to pop up though.
    Thank you for your answer. Though I am now beginning to doubt functions more an more.
    It seems a really good theory without any clear/ evident application in real life.

Personality traits: a summary by Yar'Chun
    Introverted - Independent bitch
    Extraverted - Weak
    Intuitive - Creative 4th dimension spacelord
    Sensing - Dumb
    Feeling - Such confused wow
    Thinking - Smart
    Judjing - Nel mio intimo c'è Chilly
    Perceiving - Oooh butterflies

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Yaru View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Though I am now beginning to doubt functions more an more.
    It seems a really good theory without any clear/ evident application in real life.
    Not so fast on the Fi there. You need more data. You need more Ne and time.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Yaru liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Not so fast on the Fi there. You need more data. You need more Ne and time.
    Yes, you are right, I will keep researching. Even though I ask myself how can I prove this works?
    The more I research the more I feel confused. I started dreaming about seeing myself divided in 3 different parts, and those dreams are making me go crazy. I don´t know.
    Maybe studying the functions isn´t the answer I´m looking for.

Extraverted - Weak
    Sensing - Dumb
    Thinking - Smart

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Yes, you are right, I will keep researching. Even though I ask myself how can I prove this works?
    The more I research the more I feel confused. I started dreaming about seeing myself divided in 3 different parts, and those dreams are making me go crazy. I don´t know.
    Maybe studying the functions isn´t the answer I´m looking for.
    Watch people. Feel their patterns. Read Jung. Correlate functions to what you see and sense. Evaluate the fit over time.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Watch people. Feel their patterns. Read Jung. Correlate functions to what you see and sense. Evaluate the fit over time.
    Thank you. I know this is off topic, but today someone on PerC told me I am an obvious SEI, and I must be blind because I didn't see it. I don;t know about that type, but I feel really upset and I don't know why.
    I wanted to know myself better but it seems that I am always farther from that. I guess it may be depression.

Extraverted - Weak
    Sensing - Dumb
    Thinking - Smart

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Thank you. I know this is off topic, but today someone on PerC told me I am an obvious SEI, and I must be blind because I didn't see it. I don;t know about that type, but I feel really upset and I don't know why.
    I wanted to know myself better but it seems that I am always farther from that. I guess it may be depression.
    Knowing yourself is something that takes a long time, and it's a process, not a destination, so - always learning. Let the opinions of others inform your own, investigate, but ultimately, you get to decide. Don't let yourself feel too shaken when something threatens your self-perception, that feeling is a signal to dig deeper. So, dig! Not a race though, so take time.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I know this is off topic, but today someone on PerC told me I am an obvious SEI, and I must be blind because I didn't see it.
    There are a handful of self-appointed "typing assistants" at PerC that make a habit of trying to convince N's that they're really S's.

I'd be curious to see your scores on the official "Step I" MBTI, which I (indirectly) linked you to in my first post.

The first spoiler in this post has an "S/N introduction" (including quotes from Myers and Keirsey), in case that's helpful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    There are a handful of self-appointed "typing assistants" at PerC that make a habit of trying to convince N's that they're really S's.

I'd be curious to see your scores on the official "Step I" MBTI, which I (indirectly) linked you to in my first post.

The first spoiler in this post has an "S/N introduction" (including quotes from Myers and Keirsey), in case that's helpful.
    I don't remember what test was. I made one linking through your links but I am not thinking clearly right now. I think is this one:

Extraverted - Weak
    Sensing - Dumb
    Thinking - Smart

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Anyway @reckful
    Keirsey also notes that an N child "may be difficult to handle. He always seems to have a core of 'being his own person' which adults sometimes find objectionable and offensive. ...
    This describes my childhood.
    As a child I hated to be considered '' the child of...''
    I couldn't respect the idea of the adult parent as I saw a lot of flaws in their ''adult'' speeches. For me it was a shame to be considered their daughter.
    I didn't have as many feelings as I do now, and my ideas were way more clear and secure than now. I rejected my family and got reassured by the thought that they are just a group of people I will get rid of as soon as I grow up.

I consider the youngest version of me smarter than my current person for some reason.

Extraverted - Weak
    Sensing - Dumb
    Thinking - Smart

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't remember what test was. I made one linking through your links but I am not thinking clearly right now. I think is this one:
    Yep, that's the official "Step I" MBTI. And your N result is as clear as it could possibly be.

And it's maybe worth mentioning that all of the items on the official MBTI got there by a process of elimination that started decades ago and has involved hundreds of tested items, with the survivors being items that have been found to cluster, to a substantial degree (based on thousands of tests and the psychometric standards applicable in the personality typology field) with the other items being scored for the same preference. I've noted before that I think it's not that uncommon for INFs (especially if the F preference is mild) to test as INT on the test — but not vice versa.

Given that you came out INFP, and with scores like that, I'd say it's unlikely you're anything but an INFP.

Just in case they're useful to you, I've put online profile roundups for the eight introverted types in the spoiler, and I'm guessing you'll find (if you look at them) that the INFP descriptions fit you the best.