• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hybrids Unite! Complicated personalities rule!

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a thread for mbti hybrids, as in people with an x somewhere in their type Ex: ENxP, xNTJ, ESxx etc, but if you are not a hybrid, but know someone who is a hybrid, then you can post here too. I just want to hear what functions you feel you use the most as a hybrid and what personality traits cause those functions. I'm fascinated and confused at the same time by mbti hybrids and want to see if there is a pattern of which functions are dominant and which are not, or if hybrid personalities are as complicated as they seem to be. Personally as an ENFP/ESTP hybrid, I feel that the functions I use the most are Ne, Fi, Se, and Ti(not necesarily in that order)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you are confused, not complicated

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you are confused, not complicated

Ah yes, another individual that thinks that the whole world can be understood easily and that 7 billion people can be categorized into 16 types that don't usually fit some people at all. Well good sir, I made it clear that this thread was only for people that wanted to discuss the theory of hybrid types, not debate it, besides, I'm pretty sure I know myself better than all of the people on this site, and I have traits from both an ENFP and an ESTP. Also when I type myself as ENFP, the functions are all messed up. My Se, which happens to be one of my better functions, is really my lowest, and Te, the last thing I turn to is 3rd on my list. Plus there will always be other individuals that don't fit any of the descriptions perfectly,people that use both sensing and intuition brilliantly, or are split between perceiving and judging. I look at all the type descriptions and none of them describe me and I feel that none of the functions of any of the stereotypical 16 types are suited to what I prefer to use and what I'm good at. If I'm not a hybrid, then what am I?

Alea_iacta_est

IEE in Socionics I see?

:Se: and :Ti: aren't your values, but they are your mental block functions, albeit weak and loathed.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah yes, another individual that thinks that the whole world can be understood easily and that 7 billion people can be categorized into 16 types that don't usually fit some people at all. Well good sir, I made it clear that this thread was only for people that wanted to discuss the theory of hybrid types, not debate it, besides, I'm pretty sure I know myself better than all of the people on this site, and I have traits from both an ENFP and an ESTP. Also when I type myself as ENFP, the functions are all messed up. My Se, which happens to be one of my better functions, is really my lowest, and Te, the last thing I turn to is 3rd on my list. Plus there will always be other individuals that don't fit any of the descriptions perfectly,people that use both sensing and intuition brilliantly, or are split between perceiving and judging. I look at all the type descriptions and none of them describe me and I feel that none of the functions of any of the stereotypical 16 types are suited to what I prefer to use and what I'm good at. If I'm not a hybrid, then what am I?

Confused. Haha.

Expecting a 16 type system to cover every aspect of your humanity and individualism is naive. That said, the one type may actually describe you in broad strokes better than the rest. Figuring that out requires both self-awareness and the ability to prioritize information correctly within the parameters of typology.

So yeah sure you COULD be a hybrid who wields both Ne and Se or whatever but it's also likely that you haven't learned enough about the system or recognized how to put the pieces together correctly.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IEE in Socionics I see?

:Se: and :Ti: aren't your values, but they are your mental block functions, albeit weak and loathed.

I can see this, actually. His rebuttal did read as intensely delta NF aristocratic.

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IEE in Socionics I see?

My Se is just fine :) I'm observant of the environment snd I have great reflexes, sometimes I find myself putting my hands up in the movies when the woman in black jumps out at me. My Ti I use when I'm not talking to someone, and actually I don't know my socionics, I never really understood socionics. It is usually almost the complete opposite of myers briggs. I don't want this to turn into a big debate, I have a hard time not losing it in debates. You could get us all banned.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't just want to dump on your thread though, OP. I think some people may have non-obvious function orders or at least come across that way. It's good to leave room for the unusual ... but preferably after the more likely possibilities have been examined and rejected with good reason. :)

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't just want to dump on your thread though, OP. I think some people may have non-obvious function orders or at least come across that way. It's good to leave room for the unusual ... but preferably after the more likely possibilities have been examined and rejected with good reason. :)

Well my apologies for appealing to all of your negative sides, but either I'm just an ENFP with a high IQ, thirst for adventure and conflict, good senses and reflexes, and that is logical to a point, or I'm a hybrid. I don't see how anyone with demonic Se could have reactions as good as I do, and sometimes people ask me if they could punch me in the abdomen to see how I can take it, and when I say yes, I end up blocking it without thinking. Really now, can someone with the lowest Se out of all the types be able to do that?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well my apologies for appealing to all of your negative sides, but either I'm just an ENFP with a high IQ, thirst for adventure and conflict, good senses and reflexes, and that is logical to a point, or I'm a hybrid. I don't see how anyone with demonic Se could have reactions as good as I do, and sometimes people ask me if they could punch me in the abdomen to see how I can take it, and when I say yes, I end up blocking it without thinking. Really now, can someone with the lowest Se out of all the types be able to do that?

The functions don't necessarily translate to absolute abilities. They're more about preferences. What kind of information you prefer to take in. How you see and make sense of the world.

For example, you said that while you can "use Ti," you usually don't engage it. That would seem to indicate devalued Ti though it emphatically doesn't mean that you're logically stunted.

Blocking or deflecting blows is basic self-preservation. I feel sorry for people who can't do that. But if you seek out Se-related information over Ne, then maybe you're an Se type after all. It is a matter of what you prefer to engage.

á´…eparted

passages
That's not how the theory works. You can't change the theory.

Besides, you're not going to find anyone here that actually believes in the idea of a hybrid type. Those that do would have been laughed out here or been educated long ago by resident members here who are very well versed on the theories.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Since when is Se about good reflexes? I mean, maybe it is, but I didn't know that.

And as has been pointed out, ENFp has Se and Ti in the mental ring.

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The functions don't necessarily translate to absolute abilities. They're more about preferences. What kind of information you prefer to take in. How you see and make sense of the world.

For example, you said that while you can "use Ti," you usually don't engage it. That would seem to indicate devalued Ti though it emphatically doesn't mean that you're logically stunted.

Blocking or deflecting blows is basic self-preservation. I feel sorry for people who can't do that. But if you seek out Se-related information over Ne, then maybe you're an Se type after all. It is a matter of what you prefer to engage.

Really? If you're right about this, then I had it all wrong. I always thought functions were basically mental abilities. If this is true, then that clears up the functions part, and the traits of ESTP are caused by my 7w8 enneagram. Am I sounding on the right train of mind now?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? If you're right about this, then I had it all wrong. I always thought functions were basically mental abilities. If this is true, then that clears up the functions part, and the traits of ESTP are caused by my 7w8 enneagram. Am I sounding on the right train of mind now?

Yes. According to me and what I've read and learned, anyway.

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. According to me and what I've read and learned, anyway.

Okay, so maybe I was wrong. I've been studying myers briggs types for a while, but I'm quite new at functions. I'm just glad you cleared it up with me before we got half the site involved in this bullcrap. Lol

Alea_iacta_est

My Se is just fine :) I'm observant of the environment snd I have great reflexes, sometimes I find myself putting my hands up in the movies when the woman in black jumps out at me. My Ti I use when I'm not talking to someone, and actually I don't know my socionics, I never really understood socionics. It is usually almost the complete opposite of myers briggs. I don't want this to turn into a big debate, I have a hard time not losing it in debates. You could get us all banned.

I don't wish to derail the thread, but I'd like to provide a perspective.

Ep is one attention-state (encompassing both :Ne: and :Se:), and therefore you can only engage either :Se: or :Ne: at one time, focusing in on information related to one element. You can either see static potential, or you can see static realities; you can't see both at the same time, but you can switch between them at will.

A lengthy analogy explaining the concept:

There are two objects. One is directly in front of you, One is directly behind you, you must watch over both of them at the same time without moving from a straight line between the two objects. You can't look at both at once, you can only pay attention to one at a time. Now, let's say one of the objects is many more time interesting than the other object, which might be dull, boring, perhaps even painful to look at or deal with; you will probably gravitate your attention toward the more interesting object, while neglecting the dull object, so while you are keeping guard over the interesting object, the dull object is left to neglect and falls into a state of disrepair. After you've been engrossed with the more interesting object for some time, someone walks up to you to tell you that you didn't watch over the other object and that it is less than adequate. You turn around to look at it and it is, indeed, in poor condition, and that makes you feel ashamed that someone else had to point that out to you. So, you decide to fix it up and try and make it look better, but then you turn back around and then yet again get engrossed by the more interesting object, dooming the dull object to again fall into disrepair until someone else comes and brings it to your attention again. [Lead vs Role]

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't wish to derail the thread, but I'd like to provide a perspective.

Ep is one attention-state (encompassing both :Ne: and :Se:), and therefore you can only engage either :Se: or :Ne: at one time, focusing in on information related to one element. You can either see static potential, or you can see static realities; you can't see both at the same time, but you can switch between them at will.

A lengthy analogy explaining the concept:

There are two objects. One is directly in front of you, One is directly behind you, you must watch over both of them at the same time without moving from a straight line between the two objects. You can't look at both at once, you can only pay attention to one at a time. Now, let's say one of the objects is many more time interesting than the other object, which might be dull, boring, perhaps even painful to look at or deal with; you will probably gravitate your attention toward the more interesting object, while neglecting the dull object, so while you are keeping guard over the interesting object, the dull object is left to neglect and falls into a state of disrepair. After you've been engrossed with the more interesting object for some time, someone walks up to you to tell you that you didn't watch over the other object and that it is less than adequate. You turn around to look at it and it is, indeed, in poor condition, and that makes you feel ashamed that someone else had to point that out to you. So, you decide to fix it up and try and make it look better, but then you turn back around and then yet again get engrossed by the more interesting object, dooming the dull object to again fall into disrepair until someone else comes and brings it to your attention again. [Lead vs Role]

It's okay, I get it now. Functions have nothing to do with abilities, they're just preferences on how you like to take in information or make decisions and still can be good if ranked low. Arcana already explained it to me. Plus my 7w8 enneagram explains my ESTP traits. You might as well close this thread.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
X in type code means that the letter is unknown, not that the person is some "hybrid", that doesent exist its just that some people might be harder to type than others.

Devenir

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ah yes, another individual that thinks that the whole world can be understood easily and that 7 billion people can be categorized into 16 types that don't usually fit some people at all.

...but 7 billion people can all be boxed if you up the number to 48, amirite?! :D