User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Default Hybrids Unite! Complicated personalities rule!

This is a thread for mbti hybrids, as in people with an x somewhere in their type Ex: ENxP, xNTJ, ESxx etc, but if you are not a hybrid, but know someone who is a hybrid, then you can post here too. I just want to hear what functions you feel you use the most as a hybrid and what personality traits cause those functions. I'm fascinated and confused at the same time by mbti hybrids and want to see if there is a pattern of which functions are dominant and which are not, or if hybrid personalities are as complicated as they seem to be. Personally as an ENFP/ESTP hybrid, I feel that the functions I use the most are Ne, Fi, Se, and Ti(not necesarily in that order)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

you are confused, not complicated
    Likes senza tema, ESFJ, Cygnus, TopCatLSD liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    you are confused, not complicated
    Ah yes, another individual that thinks that the whole world can be understood easily and that 7 billion people can be categorized into 16 types that don't usually fit some people at all. Well good sir, I made it clear that this thread was only for people that wanted to discuss the theory of hybrid types, not debate it, besides, I'm pretty sure I know myself better than all of the people on this site, and I have traits from both an ENFP and an ESTP. Also when I type myself as ENFP, the functions are all messed up. My Se, which happens to be one of my better functions, is really my lowest, and Te, the last thing I turn to is 3rd on my list. Plus there will always be other individuals that don't fit any of the descriptions perfectly,people that use both sensing and intuition brilliantly, or are split between perceiving and judging. I look at all the type descriptions and none of them describe me and I feel that none of the functions of any of the stereotypical 16 types are suited to what I prefer to use and what I'm good at. If I'm not a hybrid, then what am I?

Socionics
    ILI

IEE in Socionics I see?

and aren't your values, but they are your mental block functions, albeit weak and loathed.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DerekEvans01 View Post
    Ah yes, another individual that thinks that the whole world can be understood easily and that 7 billion people can be categorized into 16 types that don't usually fit some people at all. Well good sir, I made it clear that this thread was only for people that wanted to discuss the theory of hybrid types, not debate it, besides, I'm pretty sure I know myself better than all of the people on this site, and I have traits from both an ENFP and an ESTP. Also when I type myself as ENFP, the functions are all messed up. My Se, which happens to be one of my better functions, is really my lowest, and Te, the last thing I turn to is 3rd on my list. Plus there will always be other individuals that don't fit any of the descriptions perfectly,people that use both sensing and intuition brilliantly, or are split between perceiving and judging. I look at all the type descriptions and none of them describe me and I feel that none of the functions of any of the stereotypical 16 types are suited to what I prefer to use and what I'm good at. If I'm not a hybrid, then what am I?
    Confused. Haha.

Expecting a 16 type system to cover every aspect of your humanity and individualism is naive. That said, the one type may actually describe you in broad strokes better than the rest. Figuring that out requires both self-awareness and the ability to prioritize information correctly within the parameters of typology.

So yeah sure you COULD be a hybrid who wields both Ne and Se or whatever but it's also likely that you haven't learned enough about the system or recognized how to put the pieces together correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    IEE in Socionics I see?

and aren't your values, but they are your mental block functions, albeit weak and loathed.
    I can see this, actually. His rebuttal did read as intensely delta NF aristocratic.
    Likes Alea_iacta_est liked this post

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I can see this, actually. His rebuttal did read as intensely delta NF aristocratic.
    Indeed. His rebuttal demonstrates the Delta perspective of over in a classic way.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    IEE in Socionics I see?

My Se is just fine I'm observant of the environment snd I have great reflexes, sometimes I find myself putting my hands up in the movies when the woman in black jumps out at me. My Ti I use when I'm not talking to someone, and actually I don't know my socionics, I never really understood socionics. It is usually almost the complete opposite of myers briggs. I don't want this to turn into a big debate, I have a hard time not losing it in debates. You could get us all banned.

I don't just want to dump on your thread though, OP. I think some people may have non-obvious function orders or at least come across that way. It's good to leave room for the unusual ... but preferably after the more likely possibilities have been examined and rejected with good reason.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I don't just want to dump on your thread though, OP. I think some people may have non-obvious function orders or at least come across that way. It's good to leave room for the unusual ... but preferably after the more likely possibilities have been examined and rejected with good reason.
    Well my apologies for appealing to all of your negative sides, but either I'm just an ENFP with a high IQ, thirst for adventure and conflict, good senses and reflexes, and that is logical to a point, or I'm a hybrid. I don't see how anyone with demonic Se could have reactions as good as I do, and sometimes people ask me if they could punch me in the abdomen to see how I can take it, and when I say yes, I end up blocking it without thinking. Really now, can someone with the lowest Se out of all the types be able to do that?