User Tag List

First 891011 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Likely wasn't for you then, kitten.

Sometimes we're rambly ambly through the shambly side streets. At times it's easier to take the bus. Myself, I'm more of a Lyft girl, but that's just code for "too broke for Uber".

But to speak more to the point, I find elves pretentious and hobbits too earnest--they're both equally distasteful in their own precious ways. What I remember of the books, elvish society was elevated and highly structured. Excessive regard for manners and culture typically belies a ruthlessness in core culture. The seemingly mindless observation of social ritual casts a sanitizing lull over the beastliness of the highborn's true nature. While high culture and deep tradition have a naive association with Si, if you buy into this theory of the purpose of such things, then social ritual is in reality fundamentally driven by the tactile and now-oriented nature of Se.

Hobbits, otoh, are creatures of comfort. They live in cozy burrows. They don't make a fuss. They are conservative in their imaginations unless otherwise compelled. This is because the Hobbits remember, and new information must be evaluated against these recollections. They're riding on that Si tip, in other words. You can make the argument that Tolkien choose Hobbits as his protagonist rather than any other race, because of the way that their descriptions would embody a primarily British audience's notion of the "known". The best fantasy leverages the hero's journey such that the audience can experience their own inner landscape writ epic by dent of the extraordinary stakes of a quest undertaken by one not so different than themselves. Fantasy heroes are literatures' blank slates and basic bitches for a reason. If you can't even Mary Sue, then the narrative's failed at its most basic task.
    Yeah...I totally agree.

Some of the elves in the books seem cold as ice...reminds me of that song, "you're as cold as ice, and willing to sacrifice..."

Anyways...that begs the question. Were some of the elves perhaps TE and SE, as those two tend to be side to side...maybe some of the elves were even ESTJ - TE + SI....maybe they were more TE than F...they were deifnately J though.

As for the little Remingtons or fur balls, hobbits, I think I would still but those bunglars as S's and P's but who knows. I could see a few of them shy-grabs, hobbits, as being ISTP types who were just really quiet like and blinked in the darkness. Hobbits remind me of all those eyes in those cartoons of the jungle where the jaguars were blinking in the background but you couldn't see their bodies, only the white of their eyes.

They are kind of like Ewoks too.

"i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

When life gives you hobbits, you make NPs.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    When life gives you hobbits, you make NPs.
    hahahaha
    that's cute of you to say squeaky mcyoungins
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Oaky liked this post

You guys had ruined the whole thread, when you changed the avatars...Change it back!
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    You guys had ruined the whole thread, when you changed the avatars...Change it back!
    You're kinda bossy for an elf.

Also, as an elf, you're supposed to be all about respecting our identity choices and making us feel welcome and serving us lembas and honey cakes and playing us melancholy lays on your trusty lute.

If that doesn't suit you, feel free to hightail it out of Middle Earth and go work for fucking Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCalifornia View Post
    don't make me quote my sources either.
    Cool, so let's see your sources. You portray yourself as an expert and namedrop Jung, yet since you can't be bothered to back up any of your expertise on the subject and have reacted to counterarguments with insults rather than fact-based arguments, I see no alternative than to call BULLSHIT.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian
    Likes Xann liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Dayumm though, that wigga can dance fo a white boahy

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Cool, so let's see your sources. You portray yourself as an expert and namedrop Jung, yet since you can't be bothered to back up any of your expertise on the subject and have reacted to counterarguments with insults rather than fact-based arguments, I see no alternative than to call BULLSHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Consider this a happening.
    Likes Fay liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCalifornia View Post
    Enneagram isn't typable from pics...

Mindbogglingly amateurish...

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler was ENFJ 3w4....get your facts straight...don't make me quote my sources either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post

Consider this a happening.
    Unfortunately, I hadn't yet read through the entire thread when I quoted his post.

I now realize how ridiculously irreverent this thread is and it is F'ING HILARIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HokfZsagGY

in whoopi's defense, all white british dudes look the same. at least to her.

Likes Opal, Video, Xann liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well only change our avatars back soon. For now let's focus on the thread which is about hobbits and se or si. Which one?
    it was open
    -the end"