• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are INFJ's vulnerable to car crashes?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I get the feeling I'll run someone over one of these days. Whenever I'm driving, I just stare in front of the road and see nothing half the time. Driving is nice and therapeutic because I can do a lot of good, relaxed thinking behind the wheel, but I always have my head in the clouds. I get the feeling it'll cost me soon... is this something that happens to INFJ's or am I just an idiot?

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I get the feeling I'll run someone over one of these days. Whenever I'm driving, I just stare in front of the road and see nothing half the time. Driving is nice and therapeutic because I can do a lot of good, relaxed thinking behind the wheel, but I always have my head in the clouds. I get the feeling it'll cost me soon... is this something that happens to INFJ's or am I just an idiot?
Is the question's disjunction meant in the inclusive or exclusive sense? In any case, I think it is an INFJ thing.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Dominant Ni + Inferior Se = Crash.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
My mother is INFJ and she did get couple of cars totalled in her days. I've avoided couple of crashed because of my slow reaction time. I never panic, I am like, "what?" and the situation in already in the rear view mirror.

redacted

i'm a great driver. i've probably only been honked at 2-3 times (in 5 years). i'm a very spacy person, but when my body is on the line i can pay lots of attention. Se gets much more active.

my other INFJ male friend is also a great driver. he's the only one i really trust to drive my car, and vice versa, oddly enough.

Zelath

MBTI Type
INfP
Yeah, I am quite like that as well. Driving is pretty relaxing, except when I have my mom complaining at me for every slight error I make. She says I come up to things too fast (eg. stop signs, tracks, stop lights, etc) but I think I am doing fine, and she annoys me. Don't have my license yet, should be able to get it in a few weeks, granted I practice a bit more.

I've avoided couple of crashed because of my slow reaction time. I never panic, I am like, "what?" and the situation in already in the rear view mirror.
I am like that as well. My mom will go and panic all of the time and I'm always like, "Huh?"

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
i'm a great driver. i've probably only been honked at 2-3 times (in 5 years). i'm a very spacy person, but when my body is on the line i can pay lots of attention. Se gets much more active.

my other INFJ male friend is also a great driver. he's the only one i really trust to drive my car, and vice versa, oddly enough.

Same here. When I do drive, I'm very careful. Though I have to admit that when I start to space out, I talk to myself to stay focused. :blush:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've had more than my share of fender benders.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm quite the opposite. Driving is NOT relaxing to me at all. Mostly because I'm afraid of relaxing and then getting distracted, because I'm always ovecautious and second guessing myself. Also because when I'm in cars (driving or not) I tend to have this fascination with playing car crashes I could be in over and over in slow motion in my head.

I avoid driving when possible.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

I'm not an INFJ, but I get this feeling quite frequently. I love to drive for recreation, especially on long, winding roads where I can keep a constant speed and the scenery is pleasant. I get lost in my thoughts and my mind sometimes drifts and abstracts to the point that I literally forget what I'm doing. So I vote for neither...it is neither because you're an INFJ nor because you're an idiot.

Usehername

On a mission
I've known more (ratio speaking) Se dominants to get in accidents than Ni dominants.

I'm a very good driver. I would say, however, I'm not the best judge of knowing if I have room to make a left turn across traffic, and thus am more cautious of that than most people. (Nothing most people would notice, but slightly more cautious than most.)

RavenQuille

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I am an INFJ, and am deliberately aware of everything going on around me when I am driving. In addition to seeing all the other vehicles on the road, I actively perceive how close to me, they are, and how fast they are traveling, if a particular car is being driven recklessly, etc.
I am also able to navigate by an internal 'radar'; have always been able to 'feel or know' direction, no real need for a map.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am N-dom, and I have the same problem. I deferred my driving test like 10 years because I felt like I wasn't paying attention, I didn't know how to read the signals around me, I got lost in thought, etc. That, and because I also got into a wreck my first time driving because I hit the gas when I meant to hit the brake. No driving for me.