User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Are INFJ's vulnerable to car crashes?

I get the feeling I'll run someone over one of these days. Whenever I'm driving, I just stare in front of the road and see nothing half the time. Driving is nice and therapeutic because I can do a lot of good, relaxed thinking behind the wheel, but I always have my head in the clouds. I get the feeling it'll cost me soon... is this something that happens to INFJ's or am I just an idiot?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I get the feeling I'll run someone over one of these days. Whenever I'm driving, I just stare in front of the road and see nothing half the time. Driving is nice and therapeutic because I can do a lot of good, relaxed thinking behind the wheel, but I always have my head in the clouds. I get the feeling it'll cost me soon... is this something that happens to INFJ's or am I just an idiot?
    Is the question's disjunction meant in the inclusive or exclusive sense? In any case, I think it is an INFJ thing.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dominant Ni + Inferior Se = Crash.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

My mother is INFJ and she did get couple of cars totalled in her days. I've avoided couple of crashed because of my slow reaction time. I never panic, I am like, "what?" and the situation in already in the rear view mirror.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'm a great driver. i've probably only been honked at 2-3 times (in 5 years). i'm a very spacy person, but when my body is on the line i can pay lots of attention. Se gets much more active.

my other INFJ male friend is also a great driver. he's the only one i really trust to drive my car, and vice versa, oddly enough.

MBTI
    INfP

Yeah, I am quite like that as well. Driving is pretty relaxing, except when I have my mom complaining at me for every slight error I make. She says I come up to things too fast (eg. stop signs, tracks, stop lights, etc) but I think I am doing fine, and she annoys me. Don't have my license yet, should be able to get it in a few weeks, granted I practice a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I've avoided couple of crashed because of my slow reaction time. I never panic, I am like, "what?" and the situation in already in the rear view mirror.
    I am like that as well. My mom will go and panic all of the time and I'm always like, "Huh?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i'm a great driver. i've probably only been honked at 2-3 times (in 5 years). i'm a very spacy person, but when my body is on the line i can pay lots of attention. Se gets much more active.

my other INFJ male friend is also a great driver. he's the only one i really trust to drive my car, and vice versa, oddly enough.
    Same here. When I do drive, I'm very careful. Though I have to admit that when I start to space out, I talk to myself to stay focused.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've had more than my share of fender benders.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm quite the opposite. Driving is NOT relaxing to me at all. Mostly because I'm afraid of relaxing and then getting distracted, because I'm always ovecautious and second guessing myself. Also because when I'm in cars (driving or not) I tend to have this fascination with playing car crashes I could be in over and over in slow motion in my head.

I avoid driving when possible.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm not an INFJ, but I get this feeling quite frequently. I love to drive for recreation, especially on long, winding roads where I can keep a constant speed and the scenery is pleasant. I get lost in my thoughts and my mind sometimes drifts and abstracts to the point that I literally forget what I'm doing. So I vote for neither...it is neither because you're an INFJ nor because you're an idiot.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness